Disney surveying guests regarding resort features

COProgressFan

Fun ideas, but Disney needs to go back to focusing on the hospitality basics first. Way too many resort bathrooms with cheap single-ply toilet paper and stark yellow overhead lights. And calling the "front desk" should put me through to someone at the actual resort, not someone at a WDW-wide call center.

It seems like they're getting distracted by bells and whistles, when more attention on the fundamentals of a great resort would go a lot further.

Completely agree. It's a shame they got rid of those nice cloth hand towels at the deluxe resorts restrooms, for example.

Some of your concerns are being addressed

How so? I know it's been rumored they were doing updates at deluxes, but I don't think we've seen much of it come to fruition (yet?).

peter11435

How so? I know it's been rumored they were doing updates at deluxes, but I don't think we've seen much of it come to fruition (yet?).
Recent resort room upgrades have addressed his lighting concern. Also the ability to call the front desk and speak with someone actually at the resort is something that is actively been changed.

There are other upgrades as well such as a program to replace resort bedding. None of this is limited to deluxe resorts.

TrojanUSC

There's a big corporate push to improve the overall service and amenities at the resorts, bringing them into the 21st century. Some of these are silly but it shows an effort to update resorts that have become relatively stale and outdated in terms of technology.

disneyflush

There is not a button marked A and a button marked B on a desk somewhere where A represents deep cleaning, better mousekeeping, more comfortable beds, etc., and B represents the discussed room additions and only 1 button can be pushed every 10 years. I am a very harsh critic of the way WDW has been run for the last 15 years but am surprised at the percentage of people viewing this as 'either/or'. I have small kids and they would love this in our room. If my focus was on status trips, staying deluxe, haute furniture and cuisine, and looking down on minimally appointed value rooms then I might feel they were missing the point of what needs addressed at that room level. To each their own I guess.

COProgressFan

There is not a button marked A and a button marked B on a desk somewhere where A represents deep cleaning, better mousekeeping, more comfortable beds, etc., and B represents the discussed room additions and only 1 button can be pushed every 10 years. I am a very harsh critic of the way WDW has been run for the last 15 years but am surprised at the percentage of people viewing this as 'either/or'. I have small kids and they would love this in our room. If my focus was on status trips, staying deluxe, haute furniture and cuisine, and looking down on minimally appointed value rooms then I might feel they were missing the point of what needs addressed at that room level. To each their own I guess.

Of course this shouldn't be an either/or proposition. It would be wonderful to have fun new amenities. My kids would probably really like these ideas too! (So would I).

But there has been a complete lack of willingness to improve upon the core basics first, and that shows an odd sense of priorities of management.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Disney has been surveying guests regarding new resort features. Features include
  • A brief animated video featuring a character of your choice welcoming you to the resort, playing on a screen themed to look like a picture frame.
  • Your PhotoPass pictures from the day displayed on your resort TV.

How bout combine these two? It would be neat to have several digital picture frames around your room that would slowly rotate through your photopass pictures from the day.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

Unfortunately those buttons DO exist what did Disney do in response to complaints about worn carpets and rooms that did not receive periodic maintenance and deep cleaning.

Disney redecorated beautifully themed rooms with hospital style decor. So they were easy to clean instead of restoring mousekeeping to historic levels.

Yuck.

Disney has proven that they will now always do the cheap thing instead of the right thing.

MichRX7

Premium Member
Disney has been surveying guests regarding new resort features. Features include
  • A welcome sequence where curtains will open, lights turn on slowly, music plays, and a custom welcome message with your FastPass+ plans for the day appears on the TV.
  • A brief animated video featuring a character of your choice welcoming you to the resort, playing on a screen themed to look like a picture frame.
  • Immersive on-demand movies with choices based on your FastPass+ reservations. Color-changing light bulbs and a star projector would be used to create an experience themed to each movie.
  • Live feed of nighttime spectaculars, bringing live video feeds of the park nighttime spectaculars synchronized to the show’s music to your resort TV.
  • Your PhotoPass pictures from the day displayed on your resort TV.

They all seem enjoyable, but I'd like #s 4 & 5 the best, but would I really want to sit in my room instead of enjoying the nighttime spectaculars? How about a playback when I return.

I'm sure younger kids would probably like #s 1 & 2.

Cesar R M

I don't think it will. The problem is people want to share it to social media to say "Look where I was!". I just had a couple FB "friends" go to WDW over past few weeks. Tons of videos of the shows, some even live streaming it. It's one thing to record it, but to stream it at 360/480p, over 4G, while the mic is getting blown out, and talking over top of it is truly a wondrous thing to witness. Sadly I see more people streaming these shows now. But I agree, nearly everyone does a crap job of shooting it with their phone/tablet.
Seen here, an accurate rendition of streaming:

Agree, its more of an attention whoring thing than actual service.

Nubs70

Yeah im really gonna stay in room because of this stuff. NOT!
Reminds me of years ago when family went skiing in Colorado and HBO was a novelty. I took a day off of skiing to sit in condo and watch movies. What in the hell was I thinking to give up some of the most beautiful views in creation to watch Flash Gordon. Still shaking my head 35 years later.

disney4life2008

Movies doesn't sound impressive. Nearly everyone travels with a streaming device. Perhaps long term the Disney streaming service will be in the rooms.

Nighttime spectaculars would be nice. But i see no purpose of it to be being recorded nightly.

Uncle Lupe

I took this survey. It focused heavily on interactive TV. Down to ordering room service, maid service, check out info, room charges and on demand movies. Being able to stream devices to the TV. Control room functions with a tablet device or app. Sync and view your MDE app to show itinerary for the next day on TV etc..

Took a screenshot of what is in the OP first post but didn't figure it was ok to post.

Also asked how MUCH/Maximum would you pay for the new room elements in the first post.

No Name

I really like idea of the room coming alive.

For example, in the Swan and Dolphin, maybe the room can come alive to tell you the story of the swan and dolphin. Then you go outside and the hotel architecture makes sense beyond just looking nice... aha! Then they could sell the swan and dolphin as characters in the gift shop... aha! And they could charge people more... aha! But seriously, overall it'd make for a better experience. That's just one example I'm picturing.

I think it would take people by surprise in a positive way. The Star Wars resort hotel rooms should be special.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom