Disney surveying guests regarding resort features

COProgressFan

Not sure what resort you usually book, but we've never had a problem with bed comfort, linens or improperly cleaned rooms in over 20 years. Maybe we're just lucky. Sorry for your bad experiences.

Its not always a problem of improperly cleaned rooms (which would be a result of poor daily housekeeping) but a lack of the deep cleaning of rooms that isn't happening like it used to. Dust on fixtures and behind the furniture, carpets that desperately need a steam cleaning (or replacement) or filthy grout or mildew in the shower. I can honestly say most rooms have been in good condition for us, especially if you're lucky enough to stay in a resort that has recently gotten a refurb, but man, when you're paying the kind of money Disney charges for resort rooms and you find these maintenance issues, it can be aggravating.

These little cute perks sound fun, but they really need to focus on the basics, and they're just not doing that like they used to. The rooms need to be clean, the staff needs to be friendly and helpful and the resort grounds should be meticulously maintained. But they're just not kept to the standards they used to. When my kids were smaller, yeah, we'd love to watch the fireworks from the room, but there are much bigger issues at the resorts that are not being addressed.

Biff215

Nice ideas, but as others have said, they need to focus on things that truly make a Disney vacation more enjoyable. I have young kids and they would like some of these, but they won't necessarily improve the overall experience or make us come back/visit more often.

Cesar R M

These would all be quite interesting. The movie thing is a bit odd, seeing as it's something that would keep a small amount of people inside their rooms and out of the parks, unless they only watch movies at night. I don't see them implementing all four, though.
Pretty sure thats what they want.
Keep them as much as possible in the resorts (they are the cashcows )

I'm actually quite shocked Disney even has these on the survey. You can't make money from guests if they are sitting in their room.

Actually, you do.
Consider the huge prices of the resorts.
Now they are inside their room using not a single road, bus, etc..
That will leave other people that will want to check the parks.
Therefore pushing people to get more days in their trip for relaxing in the hotels.

Nubs70

Pretty sure thats what they want.
Keep them as much as possible in the resorts (they are the cashcows )

Actually, you do.
Consider the huge prices of the resorts.
Now they are inside their room using not a single road, bus, etc..
That will leave other people that will want to check the parks.
Therefore pushing people to get more days in their trip for relaxing in the hotels.
Every guest not in the park dilutes per guest park spending.

Casper Gutman

I vote for maintenance and, most of all, a return to immersive theming and a turn away from the "blandening" we're seeing at Yacht Club, Polynesian, and all the resorts currently being built.

Until they implement those features, nothing else matters.

freesvoice

This is typical Disney of 2017. Rather than making changes to the resort that would make a real difference - improvements to transportation, housekeeping, dining - they are looking to do something that cost very little, and involves screens. Most of the items listed should be done, but there are much bigger problems that need attention.
I see a lot of complaints about the magic and extras disappearing so little things like this could go a long way for some.

These all sound fun but only if they don't come with an extra charge. Start doing special things for people already paying thousands.

Beacon Joe

Disney has been surveying guests regarding new resort features. Features include
  • A welcome sequence where curtains will open, lights turn on slowly, music plays, and a custom welcome message with your FastPass+ plans for the day appears on the TV.
  • A brief animated video featuring a character of your choice welcoming you to the resort, playing on a screen themed to look like a picture frame.
  • Immersive on-demand movies with choices based on your FastPass+ reservations. Color-changing light bulbs and a star projector would be used to create an experience themed to each movie.
  • Live feed of nighttime spectaculars, bringing live video feeds of the park nighttime spectaculars synchronized to the show’s music to your resort TV.
  • Your PhotoPass pictures from the day displayed on your resort TV.

The PhotoPass idea is pretty neat.
The only other feature of interest is the on-demand movies. Would that mean they'd stream "Song of the South?"

trainplane3

As someone that caught Mickeyzumas revenge on my last trip, I would've like to watch a night time show. It would've been better then most of the stuff that's on TV. But I completely get why this shouldn't be at the top of their list. On one hand, I never expected much from the hotels aside from a clean and decent looking room. But on the other hand, it is Disney so should they make my room experience feel special? Maybe. I've personally never had any issues with WL DVC but BLT...eeeehh.
Thoughts on the features:
- Neat but I can't say I'd care for it. Usually by the time I get to my room, I want to relax and not have a song and dance. Or if it's when I wake up, I'd throw something out of being annoyed.
- I'd be much more open to that.
- Neat idea, I can't say I'd watch anything though...unless Mickeyzuma gets me again.
- That would be nice for those nights where I have a late-ish dinner and can't make it to the park to see the show, but make it to my room in time.
- Not a bad idea. "Turn to channel X to see your day at the resort".

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Fireworks on the TV? What's the point? May as well stay home and watch them on YouTube.

As some have mentioned, not everyone can make it to fireworks time in the park: children, elderly, those feeling ill. Better they go back to their room and watch rather than try to force themselves to stay in the park.

It also might show people just how awful their phone videos are and to stop bothering trying to record it. I'm all for Disney creating a professionally recorded version of the shows and to link them to everyone's MDE account. That would hopefully take away their urge to record it themselves.

Pixieish

As some have mentioned, not everyone can make it to fireworks time in the park: children, elderly, those feeling ill. Better they go back to their room and watch rather than try to force themselves to stay in the park.

It also might show people just how awful their phone videos are and to stop bothering trying to record it. I'm all for Disney creating a professionally recorded version of the shows and to link them to everyone's MDE account. That would hopefully take away their urge to record it themselves.

Amen to the lack of cell-phones and ESPECIALLY tablets during fireworks viewing! The tablets are just plain obnoxious and can completely obliterate the view of the person behind you.

Brian

Amen to the lack of cell-phones and ESPECIALLY tablets during fireworks viewing! The tablets are just plain obnoxious and can completely obliterate the view of the person behind you.

I'll never understand why someone would want to watch a true piece of art like these shows through a 4 inch screen; especially when there's professional-grade 4K quality video of each show on YouTube available to stream at basically any time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom