Disney Stores

Eileen

Original Poster
I just heard something from a friend of mine . Is it true that the Disney stores are closing? If anybody knows this to be true ' please let me know.. Thank you! :confused:

nikechic

A few of the stores in Mass have already closed. It would be a real shame to lose them all. That is what I look forward to the most when I go to the mall. Everytime I see one of the commericals on the big screen in the store...I end up crying because I love it so much.

cuteypatooty78

I never go in the Disney stores anymore. Ever since they got rid of the merchandise for adults such as shirts and jewelry I don't have a reason to go in there.

Coree

Start watching your local Disney Stores again over the next few months if you've stopped going due to the lack of adult merchandise. We've been told that adult and infant items will be back in the coming months and are just starting to get some new adult clothing in in recent shipments.

SnowWhite5669

They are downsizing the entire company with the hopes of selling the entire lot. They are indeed bringing back adult hard line and softlines and infant clothing. We already have fall merchandise in and it will go on stage in the next few weeks.

WDWfan2209

I have heard that Disney is still going to sell less expensive merchendise at Walmart and that is also a reason there closing there Disney Stores.

VILLAINSRULE

The stores are here AT LEAST thru the holidays, after that who knows...but Andy Mooney seems to GET IT that the Disney Store should not just sell Buzz and Princess merchandise.....I often wonder where the Disney execs think the next generation of Disney fans is gonna come from---where are kids supposed to watch Mickey and pals? Why dont they show Fab Five cartoons on the Disney Channel? Why arent they beaming those fantastic classic cartoons on anything ---there is the House of MOuse, which is good, but a pale imitation of the originals.... But I digress---come back to the store! It is safe to come back---it is no longer a Princess boutique-well, there is still Princess merchandise, but bit by bit the adults goods are marching back in! Just saw the new Tink tee-shirt----too cool for words!

dixiegirl

hay nikechic,
it's nice to know that i'm not the only one crying over those commercials at the disney stores.....all they have to do is play that music and i fill all up...my husband just looks at me and laughs........

the disney store in my mall is being remodeled. They actualy had an job fair the other day. i wouldve applied but you have to be 18 years old. :mad: . they showed the plans for the new store. My sister told me about this so i wasnt able to see it. but i heard they look very nice.

SnowWhite5669

They just opend two new Disney Stores and they are fantasic!! They had pictures in SCOOP. They had a floor to ceiling Mickey Icon when you walk in!! It's awesome!!

joyloving3

Not closing them all...

...yet.

I work at a Disney Store and we have heard that they are downsizing the chain but not outright closing all of the stores. I am glad to see the return of adult and infant clothing because the adult clothing was SO popular during the last Christmas season.

When a lease comes up in a mall the stores have not renewed it, (luckily for me my store's lease isn't up for 2 years)

Merlin

Account Suspended
Originally posted by SnowWhite5669
They just opend two new Disney Stores and they are fantasic!! They had pictures in SCOOP. They had a floor to ceiling Mickey Icon when you walk in!! It's awesome!!

They OPENED two new stores???? Where???

SnowWhite5669

Originally posted by Merlin
They OPENED two new stores???? Where???

I knew someone was going to ask that question. I have the SCOOP hang on just a second:

Columbia Maryland &
Lakewood California

Anyone want to go on a field trip???:lol:

BRER STITCH

WOOHOO!!!

It will be GREAT to watch the Disney Stores slowly return to their former glory!

New items will include adult fleece, tees, snowglobes, and even some housewares!!!

With new merchandise arriving every day, it will be a great Christmas shopping season once again!

Thank goodness Andy Mooney saw the light!!!

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

SnowWhite5669

Originally posted by Mickeyman819
Will we be back before dinner. :lol: Were having steak :slurp:

I like mine medium-well just a touch of pink in the middle!!:slurp: It's just burgers on the grill tonight in New England. It is very hot & humid today!!:cool:

VILLAINSRULE

I am so thrilled with the steps the Disney Stores are taking to bring back ALL Disney fans to the fold! It was really unthinkable that they neglected to honor what Disney is all about---family---not just kids, but kids of all ages! Hopefully this time they can get the balance right----no need to have a Mickey teeshirt in 8 differnt colors, just sprinkle in a choice of characters, and everyone will be happy! I will once again be proud to don the jean shirt of the Disney Store employee and no longer have to be a company apologist! yay! hopefully there is a great big beautiful tomorrow for the Disney Store!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom