Disney Stores Closing

Captain Disney

Original Poster
:cry: My wife and I were in Harrisburg, PA, on saturday, May 31. There was a large sign out in front of the Disney Store saying, 8 days till closing. So being the disney nut that I am, I went and found a cast memeber to ask what was going on. She told me that The Childrens Place shain of stores were selling the Disney Stores back to Disney and that they were going to be closing all but 2 stores in Eastern Pennsylvania. The only 2 stores staying open are the on in the Hershey outlets, and the store in the Rockvale outlets in Lancaster. So I asked about the displays, she pointed to a box and said sign up, that they were going to be selling the displays after the store closed. I am waiting to see if I am contacted to come and buy a display. She was unsure if the disney icons that line the store were bing sold, so she told me if they were, I would be contacted when the stores closes. My wife and I visit a disney store about once a month, I will miss these stores.:cry:

Disneykidder

The store in Rockvale is very good, though. We bought a bunch of great clothes/toys there in Feb. I'm not sure how far it is from you, but it is a great store.

I have heard of the buying back/closings. I have yet to find out about my nearest Disney Store. It is in the mall and a 1/2 hour drive away so I don't frequent there.

Tinkerbella16

I was just in our local disney store today, to get some disney dollars for my trip, and the employee told me that they are out of disney dollars in most of the stores and that they are on backorder, and have no clue when they will be available again. I could have cried!! I thought it was weird, that has never happened when I tried to get them..

DizneyPryncess

This is so sad! I knew Disney bought them back but I didn't realize they'd be closing so many of them as a result. I'm from Western, PA - I wonder if it's the same here. I haven't heard anything, but there's a Disney Store in just about every mall. I always visit them! :)

tigsmom

Scroll down to the bottom of this page and you will find the other threads on this story. One of them contains a listing of stores slated to close.
The one in my local mall here is closing so it will mean a 45 minute drive to a mall in the next county. We do have a Disney outlet in the local outlet complex though.

brandonz

:cry: My wife and I were in Harrisburg, PA, on saturday, May 31. There was a large sign out in front of the Disney Store saying, 8 days till closing. So being the disney nut that I am, I went and found a cast memeber to ask what was going on. She told me that The Childrens Place shain of stores were selling the Disney Stores back to Disney and that they were going to be closing all but 2 stores in Eastern Pennsylvania. The only 2 stores staying open are the on in the Hershey outlets, and the store in the Rockvale outlets in Lancaster. So I asked about the displays, she pointed to a box and said sign up, that they were going to be selling the displays after the store closed. I am waiting to see if I am contacted to come and buy a display. She was unsure if the disney icons that line the store were bing sold, so she told me if they were, I would be contacted when the stores closes. My wife and I visit a disney store about once a month, I will miss these stores.:cry:

Unfortunately that cast member may be a bit misinformed. I work at a store in PA and we are in fact staying open and I don't work at either Rockvale or Hershey. A bunch of others are staying open as well but a little farther south in the Philly region. There are lists online stating which are staying and which are going.

Testtrack321

The King of Prussia and Oxford Valley mall locations in Philly will remain open too, since hey, that's eastern PA too!

Green Lantern

Thankfully the Disney Store I go to won't be closing. It holds a lot of memories. I worked there for a time and made some good friends there. I also met my wife there, we were both cast members We bring our two little girls there each week to visit our friend who is the manager there, and tell them "this is were mommy and daddy met".

stitch rocks

I live in San Francisco and they have closed every single disney store in the city... including the one at downtown san francisco where everyone and their mom shops at. i have never been so depressed.... where am i going to get my disney fix now.... :-(

prberk

What is the current information on the re-acquisition of the Disney Stores? Has it happened yet? Any more details on Disney's plans with them?

Paul

weluvtink

As of May 1st we were owned by The Walt Disney Co. As of Oct 1st, they'll be calling the shots more. Only one store in NJ closed and I believe any stores that were closing have already done so.
You have no idea how many people asked if we were closing in July during our summer sale. We have the same sale every year. But I guess with all the misinformation being thrown around, people were quite confused.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom