Disney Store Disappointment

roadtripper

Original Poster
So, we are only about 4 weeks away from our trip to the world and needing a fix. The new store design is supposed to be so cool...so to get a little Disney fix and for something fun to do we drove to the Cherry Hill Mall to check it out. Really disappointed. I actually much prefer the old style with the statues and walls that were so dimensional. What was all the hoopla about???:shrug:

forevermickey

we have a Disney store in New York, Woodbury Commons, they are old style, ...... but the merchandise is what is disappointing to me. :(

DrummerAlly

So, we are only about 4 weeks away from our trip to the world and needing a fix. The new store design is supposed to be so cool...so to get a little Disney fix and for something fun to do we drove to the Cherry Hill Mall to check it out. Really disappointed. I actually much prefer the old style with the statues and walls that were so dimensional. What was all the hoopla about???:shrug:

I'm sorry to hear this. I was disappointed when the Cherry Hill Mall Disney Store closed and then was excited again when I figured out they were re-opening. I had high hopes for my next trip there...

StillerGirl

They closed all the Disney Stores in my area..so I cant go anywhere anymore :cry: I have to resort to the disney store online...just not the same.

zooey

Well, "cool" is subjective. You'll have to be more specific about what wasn't to your liking if we're really gonna figure this thing out.
-zoo

quirkle

Time Sqaure

I was so upset with the NYC new store - it was horrible - small and not enough products and not anything special. I miss 5th Ave here it was like walking into a DTD WOD. I have been to the new one twice and both times I was like - so what.:shrug:

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
The Times Square store is a disaster. Huge disappointment. Makes me miss our old World of Disney store that much more (darn you, 5th Avenue, and your exorbitant rent!).

flavious27

You drove an hour to cherry hill? Doesn't KOP have a better store, it is our region's "premier" mall.

powlessfamily4

Our Disney store closed last january - HUGE disappointment for me. However on a recent trip from Atlanta to Louisville KY we discovered a Disney Outlet Store about 4 1/2 hours from home. It sells the same merch you can get at the parks. Are there any other stores like this? Do we have a list of Disney outlet stores? If not maybe we should compile one. I would love to find one closer to home.

http://whitehouse.olx.com/brand-new-disney-stuff-for-up-to-85-off-regular-price-iid-54181839

http://www.mmdnewswire.com/press-release-7353.html

roadtripper

Original Poster
You drove an hour to cherry hill? Doesn't KOP have a better store, it is our region's "premier" mall.
Yeah...we drove OVER an hour to cherry hill KOP is still over an hour for us too. As far as I know, KOP has not had the renovation. I had received post cards and such alerting us of the this great new exciting store in Cherry Hill.

It was small. There were few products. The magic mirror entertained for all of about 30 seconds. At the ride makerz station there were no samples for the kids to experiment with or play with. The movie station was no more exciting than the old movie screen. There were no sales or specials.

We were hoping that there would be some more adult oriented products like framed art or collectibles, etc...

Really...the new store design is WAY over hyped.

Duckberg

Same OLD Same!

Around here the Disney stores had exterior re-facements & interior alts., BUT like others have stated now more generalized Disney inventory. Duckberg :(

flavious27

Yeah...we drove OVER an hour to cherry hill KOP is still over an hour for us too. As far as I know, KOP has not had the renovation. I had received post cards and such alerting us of the this great new exciting store in Cherry Hill.

It was small. There were few products. The magic mirror entertained for all of about 30 seconds. At the ride makerz station there were no samples for the kids to experiment with or play with. The movie station was no more exciting than the old movie screen. There were no sales or specials.

We were hoping that there would be some more adult oriented products like framed art or collectibles, etc...

Really...the new store design is WAY over hyped.

It is also the cherry hill mall, that mall is overhyped as is the township it is in.

Disneykidder

I am equally close to a Disney Outlet and a Disney Store in the mall. The mall has a much better selection, obviously, but I still struggle to find things in both stores. Ever since they changed things a few years ago, it hasn't been the same. I used to go in there knowing I will spend a fortune...now, not so much.

As far as the NY Times Square store, I haven't been yet but after reading so many reviews from all of you I am afraid. I will try to go in with an open mind but I did realllly love the 5th Avenue store. It had all of the different rooms, a great gallery and even character meet n greets. Their pin, toy, art and clothing slection were awesome. I don't plan on getting to NYC anytime soon (I am 8 months prego and was there on Christmas Eve and it was mad crazy so we didn't go to the Disney Store) but when I do I will let you all know.:) While I agree that Times Square is a more highly traveled area than 5th Ave, the 5th Ave Store was amazing!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom