Disney Springs Tenant Map

halltd

Yes, the count of announced stores does not match the number of open spots on the map.
You've got a lot of sleuthing to do to figure out where all these shops go and fill up your tenant map accordingly. You've got shop names now, it can't be that hard! ;) Since they gave us so many names, all we have left to do is try and figure out which ones are still empty and who will go in those empty spots!

Start sleuthing!

No Name

First of all, I like the water tower. DHS loses an icon but Disney Springs gets one. It's a net loss of 0 watertowers. :) Plus the one at House of Blues is still there.

But wow. That's a lot of jewelry and clothing. If I owned a chain or "brand" of jewely stores, I would not move here. You need to have a lot of brand power to succeed in a place like this. Plus, a good chunk of Disney Springs visitors are tourists. I don't know, do people buy a lot of non-Disney jewelry or clothing on their Disney trip? I guess maybe it's easier to blow money on jewelry while you're in the vacation mood? I really have no clue but I have doubts. Maybe it'll work out for these stores, but I hate to admit that I'm secretly hoping it doesn't and that some unique stores move in. And no, unique jewelry or clothing "made specially from the exquisite brazilian fabrics of blah blah blah" does not count! There are a nice amount of unique food options already but I want more toys, gadgets, other stuff that appeals to other people like me.

I think the Coca-Cola store will do well and even though it doesn't sound close to amazing, that's what I'm most excited for on today's list. I like Sperry as well. Under Armour is a safe bet and should succeed over the competition.

But I'm a bit disappointed and worried that so many of the stores sound so similar. I get that certian things like appliances and expensive technology aren't ideal in an outlet type of place, so this store lineup (and Disney springs) is looking very typical of just other outlet. But I don't know if "just another outlet" will work at a theme park destination.

Last edited:

mousehockey37

I'm noticing a lack of stores that are geared towards the men! Not to mention it's just high end stores. Oh well, at least with the prices that these stores are going to charge for merchandise, it'll make the Disney prices actually look cheap!!!!

I'll still probably go to the World of Disney to do my shopping towards the end of my trip(s). Since they've taken variety out of their vocabulary and it's mostly the same generic stuff in every park and Disney Springs, it's easier for me to window shop in the parks, then just go get everything and send it home all at once. There might be a couple things I pick up in the parks themselves due to being park/ride specific, but I'll just wait and get in one swoop through the Springs.

Disone

Most of what is complete is top notch and I have really enjoyed the new offerings. Disney Springs is now a place I WANT to go. Its a place I want to take out of town visitors too. But that all said, I agree that this finale phase, Town Center, does look like the Premium outlet mall just down the road. I don't mind the list of stores, some are unique, others not so much but with a project this big, I suppose that is to be expected. Perhaps the finale product will feel different, but from the tenant map and artist rendering...... again it looks so much like the local outlet malls that I am just not sure how excited I am for this last phase.

halltd

I get that certian things like appliances and expensive technology aren't ideal in an outlet type of place, so this store lineup (and Disney springs) is looking very typical of just other outlet. But I don't know if "just another outlet" will work at a theme park destination.
I'm not sure why people keep saying this is an outlet mall. These stores are FAR from being outlets. Outlets typically sell past season and/or damaged merchandise at a discount. They aren't first-run stores at all. Maybe in Orlando everyone just assumes mall = outlet mall, but that's not the case. These stores all scream very high end to me. This is definitely not shaping up to be an outlet mall.

mousehockey37

I'm not sure why people keep saying this is an outlet mall. These stores are FAR from being outlets. Outlets typically sell past season and/or damaged merchandise at a discount. They aren't first-run stores at all. Maybe in Orlando everyone just assumes mall = outlet mall, but that's not the case. These stores all scream very high end to me. This is definitely not shaping up to be an outlet mall.

Tanger Outlets have a good deal of these stores. The reason people are putting an outlet mall label to this, is this is where we're used to seeing these stores. Unless you're around bigger cities or bigger malls, some of these stores don't exist in rural mall areas. The only reason it won't be an outlet is because the merchandise will be in season and full price.

Disone

I agree they are first end stores. I am just talking about the look. Town Center's strongly resembles the look of two major Outlet malls in the area. I am ok with the line of the stores, and even looking forward to some, its just the outlet mall type presentation I am wondering about. Its not open yet so maybe it will feel different in person when its complete.

lazyboy97o

Some of the retailers are across the highway at the Orlando Premium Outlets. The Town Center also features a glass covered area that somewhat resembles those same nearby outlet malls.

halltd

Some of the retailers are across the highway at the Orlando Premium Outlets. The Town Center also features a glass covered area that somewhat resembles those same nearby outlet malls.
One of these says inexpensive outlet mall and the other says high-end shopping establishment to me. But, I see your point. It'll be interesting to see how Disney combats this perceived similarity among their guests.

photo_collage_1.png

Stitchon

Because of the square footage these stores would need, i'd expect Under Armour and Anthropologie to be taking spaces B15-109/209 and B15-101/201 respectively. They do specifically mention a two-level Under Armour store, and Anthro's average square footage is 10,000 square feet. Free People and Sephora typically average 4,000 to 6,000 square feet, so the larger spaces (or two smaller spaces combined) are a possibility for them as well.

The others all fit neatly in the 2,500 square foot average many of the pre-portioned spaces have.

Next Big Thing

It would seem the male and teen market have been forgotten!
I think you'd be surprised how many men (teens-late 20's) will really love shopping for clothes here. The stores are going to offer high fashion clothes and many of the stores aren't nearly as expensive as a lot of you guys want to make them out to be. Things like Zara will be a huge hit with guys.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom