Disney Springs development to bring massive expansion to Buena Vista Drive

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Yay! I've always been concerned with the foot traffic in that area especially when small inattentive children bursting with excitement are involved.

note2001

in the pics its odd that it looks like they built two elevator shafts at each access point, yet they chose to only finish one elevator at each location
My thought too. They'll still have to allow a way for folks who can't climb the stairs (leg injury, scooter, or even strollers) to cross the main road if the elevator is out. And if one of these folk goes up via elevator, crosses, and then can't get down, Disney's going to have an upset family on their hands as they have to backtrack and then cross via street.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Wednesday, Nov. 18. Four free-standing columns (not attached to the overpass structure) are being built on the left and right ends of the Orange garage overpass. These two photos are taken east-bound on Buena Visa Drive. There are identical columns on the other side of the overpass.

IMG_6922.JPG

IMG_6920.JPG

mm121

Here is a POV Driving Video of Buena Vista Drive from Saturday Afternoon showing the current status of construction of both the road and Disney Springs itself as seen from Buena Vista Drive. It really is coming along! Sorry it took me a couple days to upload this. Been busy at work!

looks like they went ahead and decided to make the marketplace and west side garages both 5 levels, initial reports suggested that the marketplace garage was only going to be 4 levels
My thought too. They'll still have to allow a way for folks who can't climb the stairs (leg injury, scooter, or even strollers) to cross the main road if the elevator is out. And if one of these folk goes up via elevator, crosses, and then can't get down, Disney's going to have an upset family on their hands as they have to backtrack and then cross via street.
exactly thatd be bad, my guess is maybe they just went ahead and opened it and hadn't had the chance to install the rst of the elevator equipment yet or they are waiting and seeing if demand requires it later
Photo update as of Wednesday, Nov. 18. Four free-standing columns (not attached to the overpass structure) are being built on the left and right ends of the Orange garage overpass. These two photos are taken east-bound on Buena Visa Drive. There are identical columns on the other side of the overpass.

View attachment 119798

View attachment 119799
thats good, i was thinking when i watched the video i quoted above, that dang disney springs has theming, but the road just looks like a typical interstate with zero character.

interesting they are building the theming as a seperate structure rather than just incorporating it into the initial design, but this could have something to do with timing so they could get the bridge complete and open, and probably cost since that bridge is pretty standard design using pre cast materials

also could disney be paying for the theming while RCID funded the bridge?

*Q*

This whole set up is kind of genius. Traditionally nearly everyone always wants to park as close to the Marketplace as possible, so I think they may have realized that that will always be the case no matter how nice the rest of the complex is, so they designed the easiest garage to get into on the other end to pretty much just short of force people over there.

BD-Anaheim

I was really hoping they were going to put some sort of light up signage across the bridge / overpass. Similar to something like this except it would say Disney Springs. It would theme well with the sign above Mannequins that says Disney Springs Bottling Co
View attachment 122528

Agreed. This would have been a nice touch to soften some of the concrete and overpasses.
Perhaps something like this is in the plan although heavy landscaping is more likely.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom