Disney Springs construction begins

Bolt

Photo update as of Friday, April 8. View of the new lower bridge over the Disney Springs river at the rear of Planet Hollywood.

View attachment 137428

A new Disney Springs entrance sign/display is being built at the corner of Buena Vista Drive and Hotel Plaza Blvd. The new Disney bus transportation lane will be behind this structure, on the extreme right in the below photo.

View attachment 137429

View attachment 137430
They're doing a sign at the West Side entrance, too.

roj2323

Photo update as of Friday, April 8. View of the new lower bridge over the Disney Springs river at the rear of Planet Hollywood.

View attachment 137428

A new Disney Springs entrance sign/display is being built at the corner of Buena Vista Drive and Hotel Plaza Blvd. The new Disney bus transportation lane will be behind this structure, on the extreme right in the below photo.

View attachment 137429

View attachment 137430

That new Disney Springs entrance sign/display looks like a fountain base to me. This could end up being pretty cool when it's done.

cindy_k

I almost forgot, I took some pictures from the Orange Garage on Saturday night.
IICE4lM.jpg

VqHP00u.jpg

2s4SRPy.jpg

0pLxn6J.jpg

e8vtWjw.jpg

qh68L7Q.jpg

CaptainAmerica

Can anyone confirm what the current bus situation looks like and when it's expected to change? We're staying in Congress Park at Saratoga Springs in a few weeks and we'd love to be able to use the Marketplace bus stop.

cindy_k

Why are the screens on the orange garage painted green? Wouldn't it make more sense to paint them orange, so the two garages look slightly different from each other?

cindy_k

To blend in with the landscape - grass and trees.
:hilarious: lol wow, no amount of green screen is ever going to make those giant concrete and metal square structures blend into the landscape.
But orange screens might help the hapless tourist remember where they parked. :p

MKCP 1985

I was down last week and had the chance to walk around a bit. Was the exterior paint at Planet Hollywood ever that dirty before the construction? It was really surprisingly grimy and you can get a sense of it in @cindy_k 's photo at post 1931.

Walking from the orange parking garage back toward the original 1970s Disney Village buildings, most everything "spring" is behind a construction wall.

The Boathouse is already a welcome addition and draws a lot of interest when the vehicles are getting ready to launch. I heard a cast member give a quote of just over $120 for a party of two to take the cruise so the price is greater than the novelty to me, but an onlooker told me he thought that to be a reasonable price, so perhaps they will continue to do well.

It was my opinion the Hangar Bar could add a few more food items to its menu and do much better during the day but I would expect it is very popular when the sun goes down and more people are in search of a drink.

It will likely be a while before my next visit and so I will look forward to the reports here of the finished product.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I was down last week and had the chance to walk around a bit. Was the exterior paint at Planet Hollywood ever that dirty before the construction? It was really surprisingly grimy and you can get a sense of it in @cindy_k 's photo at post 1931.
Amazing isn't it. Without regular cleaning it gets really bad. It was never that great even when it was being cleaned, but it goes to show just how bad it could have got.

cindy_k

Perhaps blend is the wrong word. Compliment may be better. I think it works well.
Maybe from a distance. I have driven in and out of the orange garage at least a dozen times now, and it always just screams BIG METAL BOX. The plants help a little. However I am looking at it from the street side more than the stores side. With the orange garage being mostly behind large storefronts on the west side, you can't really see it from that side.

I was down last week and had the chance to walk around a bit. Was the exterior paint at Planet Hollywood ever that dirty before the construction? It was really surprisingly grimy and you can get a sense of it in @cindy_k 's photo at post 1931. [...]
Yep, its been like that for a while. I really thought they were going to tear it down. They had to do something with it, as sad looking as it had become.

CaptainAmerica

If you're staying at Congress Park, why use the bus when there's a walking bridge so close (not much farther than the bus stop)?
That's my point.

I don't want to take the bus from Congress Park to Disney Springs. I want to take the bus from other places to Disney Springs and then walk back to my room. For example, if I were having dinner at Sanaa on an Animal Kingdom park day, I'd like to be able to do Animal Kingdom, bus to Animal Kingdom Lodge, bus to Disney Springs, walk to Congress Park. If that bus stop isn't open, I'd have to do Animal Kingdom, bus to Animal Kingdom Lodge, bus back to Animal Kingdom, bus to Congress Park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom