Disney Springs construction begins

Steel City Magic

Ok, I apologize, just went to Disney springs for the first time this week, where are the waterways that they just filled in with water a month or two ago? Is it the giant lagoon with the water taxis? Seems pretty huge to have been empty a few months ago. Sorry if this is a dumb question, I just didn't see any other bodies of water while there...

FigmentForver96

Ok, I apologize, just went to Disney springs for the first time this week, where are the waterways that they just filled in with water a month or two ago? Is it the giant lagoon with the water taxis? Seems pretty huge to have been empty a few months ago. Sorry if this is a dumb question, I just didn't see any other bodies of water while there...
Other side. If you head over near Raglan Road you can see it better then most areas. It had crystal water so it's hard to miss once you see it. They are still building so much near it that a lot of walls are still nearby.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It has been a few weeks since I was there, but at the time the waterways were still behind the construction walls in front of Ragaln Rd and Morimoto's new restaurant.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
there yesterday, still behind walls

I have been going to Walt Disney World for years and going to Downtown Disney was not high on the priority list. Disney Springs is already a must do and we try to visit there every time we are at Walt Disney World. I do not think I would go there just for the new "mall" portion, but when I getting a drink at the Hanger Bar I will wonder over to the other areas.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Tuesday, March 8. There is no separate thread for this....and it's not about Town Center. Several of the original Marketplace buildings have been getting an exterior paint update, similar to the World of Disney store, in more muted colors.

IMG_7493.JPG

Next door to Goofy's Candy Co., little missmatched has lighter colored exterior walls, seen here under the roof overhang (in the shadows, but take my word for it).

IMG_7494.JPG

The backside of little missmatched, facing the lake, still has the original paint. Workers were seen sizing up that future paint job today.

IMG_7502.JPG

Mickey's Pantry is closed for refurbishment, behind the construction walls. Under the roof overhang on the right side of the photo, you can see a painter on a ladder putting the finishing touches on the new blue-gray exterior paint.

IMG_7495.JPG

On the other side of Mickey's Pantry, the original exterior color remains, with the new paint just applied here near the top of the wall.

IMG_7496.JPG

A Marketplace bonus photo. The Mickey water feature near the Basin and World of Disney entrance to the Marketplace has been thoroughly cleaned.

IMG_7504.JPG

admiral-ari-x

Good to see that a lot of thought is going into the overall theme with this project! Very excited to see it someday :) The only part of the Springs that I can see being a bit of a hodge podge yet is the West Side, if only for Bongos and Disney Quest. Any word on what will happen there (other than DQ closing of course)?

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Friday, April 8. View of the new lower bridge over the Disney Springs river at the rear of Planet Hollywood.

IMG_7643.JPG

A new Disney Springs entrance sign/display is being built at the corner of Buena Vista Drive and Hotel Plaza Blvd. The new Disney bus transportation lane will be behind this structure, on the extreme right in the below photo.

IMG_7654.JPG

IMG_7653.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom