Disney Springs construction begins

roj2323

What's going to be done with the Marketplace bus stop? Future expansion plot?
it will still have busses. The difference being is once construction is over they will have a dedicated bus lane to get to and from the marketplace stop to the town center stop without having to get on the main road. I don't think this will be a common thing but they are building in the option.

Here, it's a little easier to see on this drawing. You can still see the original bus stop area but now there is a white road coming off the right side and following behind marketplace and then between town center and the Lime garage. This road ultimately dumps into the entry/exit roadway for the dedicated bus lanes.
DS.png

Last edited:

halltd

You can still see the original bus stop area but now there is a white road coming off the right side and following behind marketplace and then between town center and the Lime garage. This road ultimately dumps into the entry/exit roadway for the dedicated bus lanes.
That doesn't look like a bus lane to me. It looks like a service road like what exists between the Orange garage and AMC. (If it was a bus lane, why would they render trees between that "road" and the bus loop?) I think the dedicated bus lanes are actually out on BVD, but I haven't been able to figure out how they get over to the Marketplace loop...if they do at all.

roj2323

That doesn't look like a bus lane to me. It looks like a service road like what exists between the Orange garage and AMC. (If it was a bus lane, why would they render trees between that "road" and the bus loop?) I think the dedicated bus lanes are actually out on BVD, but I haven't been able to figure out how they get over to the Marketplace loop...if they do at all.
dsprings-plan-jpg.106925

DS-buss.jpg

halltd

I know what you meant, but I don't think that theory is accurate. I still think that's a service drive like behind the Orange Garage, not a bus road.

lazyboy97o

I know what you meant, but I don't think that theory is accurate. I still think that's a service drive like behind the Orange Garage, not a bus road.
I agree. Look at how big the turn around are for the buses. They couldn't go through the Marketplace loop and then cut perpendicularly into this road.

lazyboy97o

with the orange garage, sure. The garage depicted however is the Lime garage.
How would a bus get from the Marketplace Bus Loop into the red line you have drawn? Look at the size of the bus loops. A bus would only be able to use your road if it was bypassing the Marketplace or only stopping at the first few stops.

roj2323

How would a bus get from the Marketplace Bus Loop into the red line you have drawn? Look at the size of the bus loops. A bus would only be able to use your road if it was bypassing the Marketplace or only stopping at the first few stops.

They do run busses in that fashion especially during the holidays. In the past few years they were actually blocking off one lane of the main road just for the busses to travel westbound to the pleasure Island bus stops from marketplace. It's just a convenience thing due to the stupid crazy busy traffic. I do not believe busses will be traveling from town center to Marketplace and from all my experience I've never had a bus go to from PI to marketplace, it was always the other way around.

Anyway perhaps I'm wrong but I'd bet money that i'm right.

LL2WDW

Maybe the bus goes from Town Center, down the red line, and into the marketplace loop. Then it wouldn't have to make the sharp turn. It picks up guests, and exits the marketplace heading down Buena Vista Dr. towards Saratoga Springs.

lazyboy97o

They do run busses in that fashion especially during the holidays. In the past few years they were actually blocking off one lane of the main road just for the busses to travel westbound to the pleasure Island bus stops from marketplace. It's just a convenience thing due to the stupid crazy busy traffic. I do not believe busses will be traveling from town center to Marketplace and from all my experience I've never had a bus go to from PI to marketplace, it was always the other way around.

Anyway perhaps I'm wrong but I'd bet money that i'm right.
I do not know why you are having such trouble getting that people understand exactly what you are describing. Going from the Marketplace to Town Center is understood. That would still require a very tight turn. A dedicated, permanent bus lane is being added to Buena Vista Drive as part of the its expansion. There would be no point to such a lane if buses were cutting through here.

Maybe the bus goes from Town Center, down the red line, and into the marketplace loop. Then it wouldn't have to make the sharp turn. It picks up guests, and exits the marketplace heading down Buena Vista Dr. towards Saratoga Springs.
That would still require an extremely tight turn as well as a reworking of the Marketplace bus loop.

roj2323

A dedicated, permanent bus lane is being added to Buena Vista Drive as part of the its expansion. There would be no point to such a lane if buses were cutting through here. That would still require an extremely tight turn as well as a reworking of the Marketplace bus loop.

The dedicated bus lanes only go so far as the Town center. They don't go any further east.

As for the rest they could very well be reworking the entire Marketplace bus stop area and we just don't know yet. So far there isn't much evidence to support coming changes either way other than we know a road will be connecting there.

nrvfPsm.png

lazyboy97o

The dedicated bus lanes only go so far as the Town center. They don't go any further east.

As for the rest they could very well be reworking the entire Marketplace bus stop area and we just don't know yet. So far there isn't much evidence to support coming changes either way other than we know a road will be connecting there.

nrvfPsm.png
A change as significant as to enable the buses to turn into the service road would be clearly visible in the plans.

dstrawn9889

ANNNNDD since the buses travel anti-clockwise in the turnaround, the would have to be able to turn inside their own length to make a turn to the right (In the middle of a left turn, By the way) to enter said access road. not going to happen. the way a busd would travel from there to the main bus laoding would be down BVD on the dedicated lanes being constructed

CDavid

What's going to be done with the Marketplace bus stop? Future expansion plot?

it will still have busses. The difference being is once construction is over they will have a dedicated bus lane to get to and from the marketplace stop to the town center stop without having to get on the main road. I don't think this will be a common thing but they are building in the option.

Unless plans have changed, I believe it was previously announced that the current Marketplace bus stop would close, to be the future site of two or three additional shop locations following the opening of the new centrally located Disney Springs bus facility. Somewhere, I've seen this on plans and/or concept art, but of course I can't find the reference now that I need it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom