• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Disney Springs construction begins

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Saturday, Feb 21. These new light poles have appeared inside the long-standing construction walled area near the entrance to the Lego store closest to the Marketplace Causeway. There are smaller additional accent lights on the poles, perhaps to highlight a new Lego creation to be placed here (speculation).

IMG_4845.JPG

IMG_4844.JPG

Update on the construction behind Planet Hollywood.

IMG_4836.JPG

IMG_4838.JPG

Here is the original Pleasure Island bridge that led from the parking lot to the street between Raglan Road and the to-be Morimoto restaurant.

IMG_4848.JPG

flyerjab

So @danlb_2000 and @mechurchlady, the big question that I have concerning The Landing at this point is, aside from finishing The Boathouse and The Hangar, what else still needs to be done there? There are still a few locations that need to be filled, is that correct? Are all of the shops that were scheduled to go in there completed and opened at this point? Wasn't there also a large venue that still does not have an owner? I thought that there was mention of The Edison, or the group that runs The Edison, opening something in The Landing.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
So @danlb_2000 and @mechurchlady, the big question that I have concerning The Landing at this point is, aside from finishing The Boathouse and The Hangar, what else still needs to be done there? There are still a few locations that need to be filled, is that correct? Are all of the shops that were scheduled to go in there completed and opened at this point? Wasn't there also a large venue that still does not have an owner? I thought that there was mention of The Edison, or the group that runs The Edison, opening something in The Landing.
We also have Morimoto and STK which have been announced but not opened, we have the Kinetescape Steam & Power (The Edison) locations which we have seen documents for but nothing official has been announced, and one large location next to those that we know nothing about. I think there are also a few smaller locations that still need to be filled.

projectfusion

It just seems odd to replicate, especially so close to each other, when there are plenty of other options for varied merchandise shops.
Sanuk and Havaianas are very very different. I own multiple Flip Flop Shops franchise's and they are worlds apart as far when it comes to foot wear. Also one of the owners of Sound Lion company so I hope everyone enjoys the store and gets to try out some new headphones. Personal favorites are V-Moda's.

Mouse Detective

Sanuk and Havaianas are very very different. I own multiple Flip Flop Shops franchise's and they are worlds apart as far when it comes to foot wear. Also one of the owners of Sound Lion company so I hope everyone enjoys the store and gets to try out some new headphones.
Just wondering, but how is it that your company opened a store in Downtown Disney since you're based up north? Did one of the owners suddenly decide that DTD would be a great place to open a new location or did Disney approach your company about opening there?

projectfusion

Just wondering, but how is it that your company opened a store in Downtown Disney since you're based up north? Did one of the owners suddenly decide that DTD would be a great place to open a new location or did Disney approach your company about opening there?
Disney approached the company. Myself and another investor are based out of FL which helped but they approached us for more information on the concept.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, Feb 26.

The ground level planters next to the Harley Davidson store have a new short railing and landscaping with large trees.

IMG_4876.JPG

IMG_4877.JPG

The walkway "behind" Ragland Road, along the new Disney Springs river is open to pedestrian traffic again.

IMG_4882.JPG

IMG_4885.JPG

The expansion of Paradiso 37 can now be seen above the construction wall.

IMG_4880.JPG

Here is an over-the-wall photo of what was seen in the above photo.

IMG_4881.JPG

Last edited:

WDWtraveler

Photo update of various projects as of Friday, Mar 6.

First, new construction walls have appeared at the rear of the Harley Davidson store, near the fountain, and extend to the AMC Theater wall.

IMG_4920.JPG

IMG_4921.JPG

The other half of Disney Springs has more vertical development. These photos were taken over the wall near Raglan Road restaurant.

IMG_4928.JPG

IMG_4926.JPG

I thought the bridge at the old Pleasure Island entrance would be repurposed, but today this industrial jack hammer was demolishing it. The bridge is between Morimoto's and Raglan Road.

IMG_4925.JPG

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Photo update of various projects as of Friday, Mar 6.

First, new construction walls have appeared at the rear of the Harley Davidson store, near the fountain, and extend to the AMC Theater wall.

View attachment 85786

View attachment 85787

The other half of Disney Springs has more vertical development. These photos were taken over the wall near Raglan Road restaurant.

View attachment 85795

View attachment 85797

I thought the bridge at the old Pleasure Island entrance would be repurposed, but today this industrial jack hammer was demolishing it. The bridge is between Morimoto's and Raglan Road.

View attachment 85798
What kind of trees are those in the second picture, the ones without the foliage?

Mouse Detective

The concept art shows a similar looking bridge that crosses the springs there, slightly further east and at more of an angle than the existing bridge.

WDWtraveler

What kind of trees are those in the second picture, the ones without the foliage?
Those trees are very large and old crepe myrtle trees. They have been trimmed back for the winter and will sprout new branches and leaves each spring. This trimming is normal where crepe myrtle trees are grown. However, some people will incorrectly trim them back to the main branch leaving stubs and misshaping the tree, which is called "crepe murder" by gardeners.

The concept art shows a similar looking bridge that crosses the springs there, slightly further east and at more of an angle than the existing bridge.
If you look closely at some of the photos in this area, the construction crews have driven telephone pole-sized pillars into the banks of both sides of the river near the existing bridge, probably as a foundation for a new bridge. I had noticed these for a couple of months, but wasn't sure how they were to be used (thought it might be for a pier into the river). There is a new concrete bridge behind Planet Hollywood at a lower level which is oriented about 90 degrees from the old Pleasure Island bridge. This new bridge (in the concept art) has four tall pillars at each corner.

Mouse Detective

If you look closely at some of the photos in this area, the construction crews have driven telephone pole-sized pillars into the banks of both sides of the river near the existing bridge, probably as a foundation for a new bridge. I had noticed these for a couple of months, but wasn't sure how they were to be used (thought it might be for a pier into the river). There is a new concrete bridge behind Planet Hollywood at a lower level which is oriented about 90 degrees from the old Pleasure Island bridge. This new bridge (in the concept art) has four tall pillars at each corner.
My guess is the pillars you see are the supports for the replacement bridge that will go there.

WDWtraveler

Various photo updates as of Tuesday, Mar 10. I believe this section of the Disney Springs river will have a concrete bottom. The banks of Disney Springs have already been defined with concrete. In the two below photos, you can see a gravel bed, with plastic sheeting over the gravel. The workmen were just laying rebar in the river bed this morning.

IMG_4970.JPG

IMG_4973.JPG

Here is a view of Paradiso 37 expansion construction.

IMG_4983.JPG

Top Bottom