Disney Springs construction begins

WDWtraveler

Two new kiosks opening soon in courtyard in front of Fulton's Crab House. A gift shop called "Sublime" and a cocktail/bar equipment shop called "Set The Bar."

IMG_3086.JPG

IMG_3087.JPG

IMG_3088.JPG

IMG_3089.JPG

Last edited:

The Incredible Schmulk

FrostyNaples

What is this, 1992? Just tear the whole place down already! Planet Hollywood was a dumb idea at its inception. 20 years later, it has long since passed through irrelevancy and is now is lost in a miasma of blandness, frequented only by those who have coupons or a yearning for ironic masochism.

It's on its way out entirely.

mm121

Looks like they did some quick temporary concrete work on the path in order to move the construction walls back to make the path bigger until they are ready to convert this area into "the observatory"

Its pretty much planet hollywoods fault for their chain going down in popularity, they hardly ever updated the memorabelia in these once they were built, alpng with mediocre menu

though this venue in itself isn't going anywhere anytime soon, when went to Orlando with the band in HS, we had breakfast one day at planet hollywood and another day at hardrock at universal before heading to the parks to perform.
ey'
Planet-Hollywood_Full_22305.jpg

Jon81uk

What is this, 1992? Just tear the whole place down already! Planet Hollywood was a dumb idea at its inception. 20 years later, it has long since passed through irrelevancy and is now is lost in a miasma of blandness, frequented only by those who have coupons or a yearning for ironic masochism.

I actually really enjoyed Planet Hollywood a few years ago seeing all the memorabilia. Yes the food was only okay, but the same is often said about Rainforsest and T Rex that you go for the experiance not the menu. Would have been nice if Planet Hollywood kept updating the memorabilia but it was enjoyable for what it was.
It wouldn't surprise me if the new Onservatory concept keeps Planet Hollywood inside with a refresh and just repainted the exterior to the Observatory theme

toolsnspools

They need to realize that most folks who enjoy that genre of music these days generally like to listen at a decibel level that still allows them to have a conversation with the folks they are having dinner with.

WDWtraveler

Disney Springs construction photo update as of Sunday, October 12, 2014. The "Food Truck" park appears to be ready for pouring a concrete base.

IMG_3140.JPG

Below is the street scene from the walkway to Paradiso 37. The brick pavers are in the street, and some of the store fronts are nearing completion.

IMG_3141.JPG

FrankLapidus

The speed of construction was impressive while I was there over the past fortnight, the progress being made was visible on each visit down there. I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished product.

mm121

Seems really odd they aren't building anything on this green patch.
DSCN3003.JPG

This entertainment area seems really tiny seating wise, not sure what there going for here, as i suggested elsewhere i still think the west side needs a true concert/entertainment venue for touring acts.
DSCN3002.JPG

GoofGoof

Premium Member
they need one of these to help with all the paver work.

That's just cheating!!!

I put in a path and patio using those EP Henry pavers from Lowes. I had to drop each of those bad boys in place by hand. One of those things would have come in handy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom