Disney Springs construction begins

roj2323

Perhaps some more planters? Not sure though. If they do put a highline area here and all sections have the greenery hanging from it, this could be a nice addition to the West Side. I wasn't quite sure how it would look, but I'm starting to see how nice this could become.
The circles are more than likely just piles of dirt they didn't have time to remove. The plastic is there to keep it from turning into mud. I'm sure the piles will be gone in a day or two.

roj2323

In the back of the attached image there appears to be some sort of cantilevered bridge/ structure about where this new construction is taking place.
Disney%20West%20Side%20Concept%20Art.jpg

WDWtraveler

A couple of Downtown Disney construction updates, pictures as of Saturday, Sept 20, 2014. First, a new construction wall has appeared in the courtyard between Fulton's Crab House and Portobello. Previously, this area was completed and open. Second, a construction wall has appeared around two thirds of the back of the audience seating at the West Side Stage, which also surrounds the production/control booth.

upload_2014-9-22_22-26-17.jpg

upload_2014-9-22_22-26-54.jpg

WDWtraveler

Disney Springs construction photo update as of Saturday, Sept 27, 2014. Demolition of the Plant Hollywood Store taken from the upper level of Planet Hollywood, with parking garage in the background.

IMG_3038.JPG

Courtyard construction in Westside in front of Splitsville. The circular areas are plastic-covered dirt after all.

IMG_3034.JPG

From balcony of Splitsville, here is a view of the "Food Truck Park." Three concrete planter or seating walls are in now, with lots of plumbing inside.

IMG_3036.JPG

The courtyard between Fulton's Crab House and Portobello is largely open now. The construction walls have been moved to work on other areas near the canal or along the "springs" waterway. See next three pictures.

IMG_3027.JPG

IMG_3028.JPG

IMG_3030.JPG

mm121

Courtyard construction in Westside in front of Splitsville. The circular areas are plastic-covered dirt after all.

View attachment 67058

anyone know what this is? the rebar coming up seems too close together to be for an extention of the railroad tracks.
The courtyard between Fulton's Crab House and Portobello is largely open now. The construction walls have been moved to work on other areas near the canal or along the "springs" waterway. See next three pictures.

View attachment 67062
was there anything in this area before? or just trees and a small waterway, that wasn't really a dominate feature at all?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
anyone know what this is? the rebar coming up seems too close together to be for an extention of the railroad tracks.

was there anything in this area before? or just trees and a small waterway, that wasn't really a dominate feature at all?

The position and size of the foundations does make it look like they plan to put another section of the highline there.

flyerjab

I was perusing several WDW websites the other day and came across large photo spreads of the DS construction on DaMouse. It is one of the largest collections of aerial photos (from the balloon) and shows the expanse of this transformation. It is pretty impressive and shows the amount of money being invested in this area. There are also a couple of other photo threads showing the new walkway bypassing the Marketplace. The rock work they are putting in is really nice. Also, the brick work on some of the new buildings looks good too. It is definitely worth checking out if you have time.

Voxel

President of Progress City
I was perusing several WDW websites the other day and came across large photo spreads of the DS construction on DaMouse. It is one of the largest collections of aerial photos (from the balloon) and shows the expanse of this transformation. It is pretty impressive and shows the amount of money being invested in this area. There are also a couple of other photo threads showing the new walkway bypassing the Marketplace. The rock work they are putting in is really nice. Also, the brick work on some of the new buildings looks good too. It is definitely worth checking out if you have time.
I saw them the other day and I must agree they are doing an amazing job with them .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom