News Disney Springs Begins Phased Reopening on May 20

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
After awhile, all those "If you don't like [insert current topic here], then don't go to Disney" posts start to look alike to me. I don’t understand what purpose they serve other than to dismiss someone’s concerns and cut short a discussion they don’t like. I think everyone knows they have the option not to go to Disney.

No, I don't think they *all* know they have the option not to go. While some raise concerns, others are clearly raising smokescreens and demagoguery and rationalizations to give Disney a black-eye for their reasonable restrictions or to make the case those restrictions shouldn't be in place.

We can tell because they raise issues which are easily dealt with, or their reasons are not based in reality or science. They just want their way because they want their way and any really poor or transparent or not-grounded-in-reality argument will do.

Again, there are those who do have valid concerns. They're usually not the ones dismissed with "well then don't go."

Chi84

Premium Member
No, I don't think they *all* know they have the option not to go. While some raise concerns, others are clearly raising smokescreens and demagoguery and rationalizations to give Disney a black-eye for their reasonable restrictions or to make the case those restrictions shouldn't be in place.

We can tell because they raise issues which are easily dealt with, or their reasons are not based in reality or science. They just want their way because they want their way and any really poor or transparent or not-grounded-in-reality argument will do.

Again, there are those who do have valid concerns. They're usually not the ones dismissed with "well then don't go."
“We” can tell? “They” want their way? Who in the world are you speaking for?

disneygeek90

Just stopped over. Here’s what it looks like inside WoD at 7:15pm. Waited roughly 3 minutes to enter.
E7B71568-B414-46E5-AF93-896290DFCE6C.jpeg

3343145C-BAD8-4132-8A13-FC8A20D15FFA.jpeg

CFA00583-5DB6-424E-942C-383A2F775AD6.jpeg

0918E885-24C1-4C70-868F-3CDFF58D8DED.jpeg

Gillyanne

I haven't been able to keep on on threads lately, but a quick search of this one didn't bring up results of "ticketing center"...

Does anyone know if the Ticketing Center at DS is open currently? It's not listed on the site with what's open, but that list also mentions it's the "Dining and Shopping" list, and I don't believe it is categorized as that.

I know they're not selling new tickets, but my Mom's pass was originally set to expire on 15 April 2020. With current extension expectations, I suspect it will now expire about 10 Aug 2020. She'd like to get in and get it renewed (or buy the new one, which ever way she needs to do it), but since she's going from Out of State Platinum to Residential AP, she was told she needed to do her renewal in person. I know we also don't know the reservation system rules, but when it opens, we'd be looking for making reservations 31Aug-03 Sept time period, so if she were to need a valid pass to make her reservation, we'd have to get it taken care of before reservation system opens...

coasterphil

Stopped by for a walk this morning, and it was definitely busier than recent photos had shown. You won’t confuse it for a pre-Covid Springs, but it was far from a ghost town by 11am.

World of Disney had too many folks inside for my preferences, distancing was not possible walking through the store on the main “paths“. Big draw seemed to be resellers cleaning out the Baby Yoda plushies. I don’t have any desire to revisit the store if it looks the same as it did today on future visits.

Co-Op was better, but I don’t know how many more folks would’ve been allowed in before they switched to the queue. If I was seeing 25% capacity then 100% would be ugly

Mask usage was worse than I saw on a first week visit. Plenty of folks without food/drink not wearing their masks walking outside, but the bigger problem was many inside WoD didn’t have them on either. Did hear Disney stop a 2 year old from entering without their mask, but they provided one to the family once the guest stated they thought it was 3 and up.

Lots of 3rd party employees walking through without their masks. Not sure why Disney can’t crack down harder on that, as the service sensitivity doesn’t really play. One PH employee was even spitting on the walkway as he walked.

Overall, still glad to have the option to walk around and feel a bit of normalcy. Personally not at the point where I want to spend a time of time in a non-essential indoor setting, and today’s visit did nothing to change that opinion.

disneygeek90

I haven't been able to keep on on threads lately, but a quick search of this one didn't bring up results of "ticketing center"...

Does anyone know if the Ticketing Center at DS is open currently? It's not listed on the site with what's open, but that list also mentions it's the "Dining and Shopping" list, and I don't believe it is categorized as that.

I know they're not selling new tickets, but my Mom's pass was originally set to expire on 15 April 2020. With current extension expectations, I suspect it will now expire about 10 Aug 2020. She'd like to get in and get it renewed (or buy the new one, which ever way she needs to do it), but since she's going from Out of State Platinum to Residential AP, she was told she needed to do her renewal in person. I know we also don't know the reservation system rules, but when it opens, we'd be looking for making reservations 31Aug-03 Sept time period, so if she were to need a valid pass to make her reservation, we'd have to get it taken care of before reservation system opens...
I’m in springs so just stopped by to check for you. It’s closed. Guest relations is open.

MissingDisney

I’m in springs so just stopped by to check for you. It’s closed. Guest relations is open.
Ooohhhhh-are you taking requests? I’d like a Mickey ice cream bar, one of the Minnie chocolate covered apples and a Sprinkles cupcake mailed my way please! 😂

As much as we are aching for a Disney visit, I don’t think it’ll happen anytime soon. 😢
I’ll live vicariously through you!

disneygeek90

Ooohhhhh-are you taking requests? I’d like a Mickey ice cream bar, one of the Minnie chocolate covered apples and a Sprinkles cupcake mailed my way please! 😂

As much as we are aching for a Disney visit, I don’t think it’ll happen anytime soon. 😢
I’ll live vicariously through you!
If only the Mickey ice cream bar would travel well 😂😂

durangojim

FYI for anyone who wants to eat at Disney Springs, you can now make reservations through the MDE website. I just snagged a couple for Homecomin'. This is for mid July but I think current dates are available as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom