News Disney Springs Begins Phased Reopening on May 20

aladdin2007

for those of you who have been to world of disney recently, do they still provide a carry basket for you while shopping? Im thinking probably not but how do you carry stuff then.

Dr.GrantSeeker

Is Springs still reaching capacity, or has it been pretty calm? Just asking because I'll be in town this weekend to see some friends and we talked about getting dinner at the Boathouse. Just wasn't sure if we'd be able to get in if we went later in the day.

disneygeek90

Is Springs still reaching capacity, or has it been pretty calm? Just asking because I'll be in town this weekend to see some friends and we talked about getting dinner at the Boathouse. Just wasn't sure if we'd be able to get in if we went later in the day.
I'm fairly certain the only day it ever reached capacity was the morning World of Disney opened.

robhedin

The 3 days we went over (admittedly a couple of weeks ago) it was largely empty. I expect that more people will be going soon though as external travelers start arriving.

techgeek

I was just there Saturday 6/13 for dinner. We drove straight into the Orange garage at 5:30pm, and there were literally hundreds of parking spots available on every level but 1. Overall crowds were completely dead (it looked like a normal quiet weekday before 11am, to me). The restaurants that were open were busy, and with only half capacity you’ll definitely want a reservation otherwise it’s likely you’d have to wait at Boathouse. (We were at Raglan Road, they were full and quoting 45 minutes to walk-ups at 6:30.) Boathouse is on Opentable for reservations and it’s not hard to get one, even day of at the moment.

For a summer weekend evening, the lack of crowds was definitely surreal... coupled with the lack of traffic on property and driving past the empty parks and resorts.

Ravenclaw78

Anticipating to open later this year
The new Gideon’s location is being created with health-and-safety considerations in mind and its operation will model similar guidelines in use elsewhere in Disney Springs.

Just in case anyone thinks that Disney believes everything will be back to pre-COVID normal in a couple of months.

RSoxNo1

They were all open on Saturday.

Yes, and they closed on the 14th. I spoke with a CM who advised that they had CMs that failed temperature checks and they re-allocated staff elsewhere.

Also, does anyone know when Johnston & Murphy re-opened? It appears to have been in the last week.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Without any announcement, UNIQLO has reclosed at Disney Springs. The location has “closed” signs on the doors and has been removed from the list of open shops on the Disney Springs website. UNIQLO originally reopened with the rest of Disney Springs back on May 20th. Without an official statement, it’s unclear why the location has closed, but the UNIQLO website has removed all hours for the location."

DisneyOutsider

"Without any announcement, UNIQLO has reclosed at Disney Springs. The location has “closed” signs on the doors and has been removed from the list of open shops on the Disney Springs website. UNIQLO originally reopened with the rest of Disney Springs back on May 20th. Without an official statement, it’s unclear why the location has closed, but the UNIQLO website has removed all hours for the location."

I'll give everyone one guess as to why they suddenly closed without comment...

techgeek

The website also lists “hours unavailable“ for the Florida Mall location, which is the only other Florida store.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom