Disney Skyliner shutdown and evacuation - October 6 2019

Goofyernmost

I'm jealous I wish I could have visited in the 1980s. What kind of food did they serve? Like hot dogs? Chicken breast nuggets?
Funny you should ask. I have posted a picture of myself and my young daughters having lunch just outside the Pinocchio Village Haus in 1983. The quick service consisted of prepackaged subs, the exact type that you find in many gas station/mini Marts today. My wife took the picture and you can see her sub still wrapped in the cellophane they came in. Course we did get chips and a fountain drink with it. They had Casey's Corner and a few other quick serve places along with full service restaurants, but we never went to any of them. Sorry, I can't tell you about them.

img006.jpg

note2001

Funny you should ask. I have posted a picture of myself and my young daughters having lunch just outside the Pinocchio Village Haus in 1983. The quick service consisted of prepackaged subs, the exact type that you find in many gas station/mini Marts today. My wife took the picture and you can see her sub still wrapped in the cellophane they came in. Course we did get chips and a fountain drink with it. They had Casey's Corner and a few other quick serve places along with full service restaurants, but we never went to any of them. Sorry, I can't tell you about them.

View attachment 418097
Oh my... note the lack of plastic straws and lids! How did you all survive?

I went camping many times over the years at FW with my parents and I never knew the parks sold anything but popcorn, drinks and mickey bars. 🤣

Goofy213

When I ran coasters at Cedar Point, standard operation was 100 hours of testing for each train before the ride could be opened.

Disstevefan1

350 hours if we presume 12 hour days, that is 29 days.. so it seems, if true, we have another month of testing. But we never really know what they are going to do, so we will see.

Looks like the rumor, " they've been mandated to run the system for another 350 hours before allowing guests" was a false one. The Skyliner is back and everyone will live happier ever after...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom