Disney Show on the Dsicovery Channel

kookie1

Original Poster
I saw on the TV guide that tonite at 8 and 11 there will be a documentry on the discovery channel called Americas Thrillmakers
The description said "A look into the theme park technology thats blasts guests into space, sends them falling to their doom, and having dinosaurs chase them through time

This is obviously about mission Space, Tower of Terror, and Dinosaur

Just thought id let you know

Meghan

I was looking because I knew there was something on tonight, and I know I saw the thrillmakers show on the tv guide, but now I can't find it again!

Hopefully I'll be able to find it for tonight, I'd really like to watch!

General Grizz

Thanks for the info!

Originally posted by Meghan
I was looking because I knew there was something on tonight, and I know I saw the thrillmakers show on the tv guide, but now I can't find it again!

Hopefully I'll be able to find it for tonight, I'd really like to watch!

Welcome to WDWmagic, Meghan! :sohappy:

SirNim

From TVGuide.com

"This fascinating study of the rides at Florida's Walt Disney World focuses not on the mechanics involved, but rather on the thought and imagination behind the attractions and participants' reactions to them. Designers talk about how they dream up the state-of-the-art rides, and testers take a spin---as do cameras, for a vicarious thrill. Also examined is the setup preceding each one that's meant to subliminally prep patrons as they wait in line. Rides include the Tower of Terror, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, Test Track, Splash Mountain, Dinosaur and Mission: Space."

Testtrack321

Nim, yet again, you have a hilarous avitar! It looks like something out of 'Yellow Submarine'!

Anway, screamscape has picked up on it too. Looks to be very good show!

Tonight on the Discovery Channel (8pm & 11pm) be sure to catch America’s Thrillmakers, a behind the scenes tour of Disney Worlds biggest thrill rides like: Mission: Space, Tower of Terror, Rock ‘n Roller Coaster, Dinosaur and more.

Meghan

I've been checking for it all day :(
The Canadian Discovery Channel isn't running it I guess - I don't see it on for tomorrow either.

imagineer boy

I loved that show! Its neat seeing people going on Disney's best rides for the first time! I loved it!:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Tocpe

Well I just finished watching it and did anyone else think that the responses/post attraction interviews of the six "Guests" seemed a little rehearsed? Dunno, kinda felt fake. But it was nice to see the rides. :)

Grizz, no Splash Mtn. :( sorry.

General Grizz

Originally posted by Tocpe
Well I just finished watching it and did anyone else think that the responses/post attraction interviews of the six "Guests" seemed a little rehearsed? Dunno, kinda felt fake. But it was nice to see the rides. :)

What can you expect? This is 2004!!

Heh. I did sense that with a few, but maybe they did need a little guidance after riding thrill after thrill. ;)
NO SPLASH? Shucks. That's the best one! :lol: :( Oh well, I loved the looks at the others. :)

SirNim

I didn't think their reactions felt forced...

Anyway...

The order was:

TOT
Dino
RnRC
TT
M:S

Right?

They didn't feature Splash Mtn... Only used some footage of it in an introduction...

JonnyK

That was an interesting show and I enjoyed it.

Grizzlyhall, they didn't show splash mountain as a thrill ride but at the beginning they only showed parts of it.

In the show they were showing the following -

Tower Of Terror, Dinosaur, Rockin Roller Coaster, Test track and Mission Space.

For the people who were experiencing the ride was neat to see how they reacted and liked it.

That last part of the ride was mission space interesting to see what there reactions was at mission space. (Which the girl looked like she was gonna be sick..)

Great show, I'll be watching it again at 10 (Central time for me) which is 11 Eastern.

Tocpe

Yeah she did look a like under the weather. Maybe she should have grabbed one of the new barf bags they installed. :lol:

JonnyK

Originally posted by Tocpe
Yeah she did look a like under the weather. Maybe she should have grabbed one of the new barf bags they installed. :lol:

lol, thatd be funny if she grabbed one of those :lol: :lol:

kurros

Those of you with high definition televisions and Discovery HD Theater; "Disney's Thrillmakers" will be airing again tommorow (Jan 3) at 5pm ET and again on Jan 4 at 2pm.

I haven't seen "America's Thrillmakers" yet but will be checking it out tonight. I'm guessing they are similar in content.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom