Disney "Rooms"

WDWFigment

Original Poster
I am planning on making a Disney Room primarily with items from the parks and Art of Disney stores (not generic Disney Store stuff...hopefully that makes this the appropriate board for this thread).

I know a lot of people have mentioned having Disney Rooms; do you have pictures of these rooms you could post? I'm really interested in seeing layout, etc. Right now, I have no idea how I'll display my big figs, and shelving ideas would also be really helpful!

ImaYoyo

I am planning on making a Disney Room primarily with items from the parks and Art of Disney stores (not generic Disney Store stuff...hopefully that makes this the appropriate board for this thread).

I know a lot of people have mentioned having Disney Rooms; do you have pictures of these rooms you could post? I'm really interested in seeing layout, etc. Right now, I have no idea how I'll display my big figs, and shelving ideas would also be really helpful!
Each of my rooms is sort of themed Disney. Our living room is very mexican with lots of moons and suns on the walls, bright colors, and some faded three caballeros posters. Our master bedroom is very dark red with some deep-dark colored woods, themed to pirates of the caribbean. It's got a few chests with jewelry (treasure), some piraty-looking tables that have black iron fastners/hardware, and a pirate-style lighting. We love taking influence from the attractions but still making them our own. It's a great way to "Disney-fy" your home!

figment1985

I have a disney kitchen. I spent tons of $$$ on random stuff at disney and disneyoutlets.com. If I can get some pictures I'll send them to you.

I think a figment room would be a..w..e..s..om..e ;)

Figment82

My bedroom is basically a Figment room - one whole wall is filled with my Figment items - hundreds of them! You can see photos through the link below.

MaXXimus

I think you need more pins... :ROFLOL:

But seriously, thats one hellava collection :sohappy: I dont even have one pin! :cry:

YankeeMouse

My sister and niece are artists, so they painted my kitchen in a Snow White motif. There is a mural with the 7 dwarves cottage, the forest, and vines and flowers extend over the cabinets, onto the ceiling, etc. No characters, though. For those who are not familiar with Snow White, it looks like a cottage scene...but if you look closely, you'll see a pair of dwarf shoes left at the front door, and an ax from the mine leaning against the wall! I can NEVER move!

eroyee

My sister and niece are artists, so they painted my kitchen in a Snow White motif. There is a mural with the 7 dwarves cottage, the forest, and vines and flowers extend over the cabinets, onto the ceiling, etc. No characters, though. For those who are not familiar with Snow White, it looks like a cottage scene...but if you look closely, you'll see a pair of dwarf shoes left at the front door, and an ax from the mine leaning against the wall! I can NEVER move!
where are the pics?? Yes, you can move. I will buy the kitchen!!!!!!

wedway71

When I moved to Indy I made sure my house had 4 bedrooms which one would be an office/Disney room.

Its painted red,back,yellow, and white for Mickey.

I have a bunch of posters from animation to parks in it.

**** My very fave is a 5 foot tall cork board Mickey Mouse that my Dad handcrafted(cut and painted) for me when I was born-36 years ago******

I have a huge book case full of all of my Disney books(about 300).

And of course my computer in which I can play on WDWMAGIC on too...:wave:

Figment82

I think you need more pins... :ROFLOL:

But seriously, thats one hellava collection :sohappy: I dont even have one pin! :cry:

The photos of my Shrine aren't very accurate (they're close to 2 years old now, and I have a ton of items that are just waiting to be displayed, but I'm running out of room! I definitely need to start redecorating, but hopefully these old pics might give you some ideas.

Actually, that's not even all of the pins I have - I close to 160 Figment pins now - this photo is a more accurate representation:
Figment.jpg

BRER DAD

Google "Diseny Tattoo Guy". I had dinner with him last year and he told me to take a look at hid Disney house. You wont belive it!!! Might give you some great ideas for a Disney room. Good luck!!

WDWFigment

Original Poster
pluto3198, all the pictures are giving me 403 forbidden errors.

As for the Disney Tattoo guy, I had never heard of him, but I looked through all his pictures, and while he has some neat items, I think it's poorly done. A lot of the handpainted things look pretty bad, and other stuff is just tacky looking. To each his own, I guess.

Also, it's nice to have descriptions of your rooms, but where are the pictures???

Bug715

I agree that Disney Tattoo guy's house is sorta tacky.

In our new house my dad and I wanted a disney bathroom because it had black and white tile. My mom didn't want the classic colors so we got paint colors from our favorite hotel The Boardwalk. While we were at MGM my mom and dad found a beautiful poster of a beach scene so that is framed along with a picture of me with mickey when i was 6 and another of me when i was 16 and a picture of mom and dad with mickey. We put mickey antenna topers on the ends of the curtain rod. We also have the glove drawer pulls. We have mickey shaped soaps sitting out and a shadowbox frame with pictures and buttons. I love how its mickey but not over the top. I'd put pictures up but I'm at college.

disneytati

When I moved to Indy I made sure my house had 4 bedrooms which one would be an office/Disney room.

Its painted red,back,yellow, and white for Mickey.

I have a bunch of posters from animation to parks in it.

**** My very fave is a 5 foot tall cork board Mickey Mouse that my Dad handcrafted(cut and painted) for me when I was born-36 years ago******

I have a huge book case full of all of my Disney books(about 300).

And of course my computer in which I can play on WDWMAGIC on too...:wave:

Awww... that sounds awesome! If I had a big house, I'd have a Disney room/office too. But mine would be Tinkerbell themed, or maybe Magic Kingdom, with a huge painting of the castle on one of the walls.....

WDWFigment

Original Poster
I agree that Disney Tattoo guy's house is sorta tacky.

In our new house my dad and I wanted a disney bathroom because it had black and white tile. My mom didn't want the classic colors so we got paint colors from our favorite hotel The Boardwalk. While we were at MGM my mom and dad found a beautiful poster of a beach scene so that is framed along with a picture of me with mickey when i was 6 and another of me when i was 16 and a picture of mom and dad with mickey. We put mickey antenna topers on the ends of the curtain rod. We also have the glove drawer pulls. We have mickey shaped soaps sitting out and a shadowbox frame with pictures and buttons. I love how its mickey but not over the top. I'd put pictures up but I'm at college.

What you did sounds good...in browsing the selection at DisneyOutlet.com, it looks like a room could be tastefully Disneyfied inexpensively!

lilclerk

When I finally have my own house (someday!) the boy has agreed to let me (because I told him I'm going to) decorate either the kitchen or the bathroom as Disney.
I'm not sure of the exact theme yet, but I know it won't be Mickey-themed.
No offense, please don't yell at me, but I am not a Mickey/Minnie fan.
It'll probably be themed to the parks, I'm just not sure of how to pull it off yet. My bedroom will be Alice in Wonderland =)

Laura

Premium Member
Ok I'm not scared. I'll share some pics. :lol:

This is my Mickey living room, though no one ever realizes it's got a Mickey theme until I point it out, despite the fact that every single bit of decor is made of Mickey heads!

126878214-M.jpg

126878248-M.jpg

126878161-M.jpg

126878101-M.jpg

126878079-M.jpg

126878038-M.jpg

126878003-M.jpg

126877970-M.jpg

126878188-M.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom