Disney returns to 2D Animation.

uglybug2005

Clements and Musker also brought us Treasure Planet. It will not matter what the style of animation is if the story stinks. Here's hoping it turns out well no matter what tools are used.

Mufasa's Pride

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: Praise the Lord!!!!!!!!!:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Wish "Rapunzel: Unbraided" got 2-D treatment though.......:mad:

Epcot82Guy

The formatting is getting messed up somehow on the links posted. Just go to magicalmountain.net and it is the first story under "Company News"

CaptainMichael

Galen said:
btw, not much about anything other than the first time I've heard the title of the next pirates. Pirates Of The Caribbean : At Worlds End
Word on the street (internet) is that it will have a different title.

Pongo

STR8FAN2005 said:
Word on the street (internet) is that it will have a different title.

The guide on the Backlot tour at MGM said that it was already decided that the title is definitely "At World's End". Besides, it's less than a year away AND the film is already done filming (for the most part). I'd expect them to have made the title up long ago.

And as for traditional animation, it's great that Lasseter is ordering its return, but animation is nothing without story.

hokielutz

Pongo said:
The guide on the Backlot tour at MGM said that it was already decided that the title is definitely "At World's End". Besides, it's less than a year away AND the film is already done filming (for the most part). I'd expect them to have made the title up long ago.

And as for traditional animation, it's great that Lasseter is ordering its return, but animation is nothing without story.

They return to finish filming at the end of August. Just a little break to promote their current #1 hit. I think there is still half to 1/3 of the final film that is left to shoot. Not sure if its all on soundstages, or still on locations at St Vincent

CaptainMichael

Pongo said:

Let me direct you to this report from Comic Con:
http://comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=15624

While it may not be entirely accurate, neither are "facts" revealed by CM's, if history has taught us anything.

Here is the teaser poster for PotC 3:
pirates3comiccon.jpg

Stitch69

That is good news. I think strong characters and a musical would help! Pixar films are nice to look at , but they also always have great stories and characters that you care about.:sohappy:

Chape19714

I can't wait, and I only hope that they will be musicals like Little Mermaid. It's such a shame these films went away, but I'm glad they are coming back!

POST 1500!

Mufasa's Pride

Chape19714 said:
I can't wait, and I only hope that they will be musicals like Little Mermaid. It's such a shame these films went away, but I'm glad they are coming back!!

I agree. Recent Disney musicals (esspecially 2-D) have proven to be the best.

Musical Hits:

The Lion King
Beauty and the Beast
Alladin
The Little Mermaid
Pocahontas (semi-success)

Non-Musical Flops:

Treasure Planet
Home on the Range
Atlantis

Pongo

Mufasa's Pride said:
I agree. Recent Disney musicals (esspecially 2-D) have proven to be the best.

Musical Hits:

The Lion King
Beauty and the Beast
Alladin
The Little Mermaid
Pocahontas (semi-success)

Non-Musical Flops:

Treasure Planet
Home on the Range
Chicken Little (semi-success)
Atlantis

But if you'll notice, Disney musicals kind of hit their peak, and then started to fizzle out, like in the case of Pocahontas, Mulan, and Tarzan.

I'm not sure how a Disney animated musical would fare in today's market. It could have the potential to be really successful, but overall, I think the super-popular Disney musical era has come and gone.

IMO

Mufasa's Pride

ThreeCircles said:
Chicken Little was hardly a "flop".

It grossed $314 million worldwide.

True, so far more than Cars (which in my opinion is one of the best Pixar movies). On the other hand, IMO I was severely dissapointed with Chicken Little.

Chape19714

Well...let's hope they do good with it.

Hunchback was considered a flop, but I still think it has the best music of any modern Disney Film, just a bit intense. Take the music quality into a good quality film, just like they did for Little Mermaid, and we'll be set to go. The next film needs to hit like mermaid so that Disney gets a wake-up call like they did in 1989 with Mermaid. That would be great!

SkipKid said:
And yet I was disappointed. :(

And I'm sure some were disappointed by The Lion King or Toy Story. No one movie will ever please everyone. :lookaroun

I very much liked Chicken Little and I think Disney created a great character with lots of appeal. If I recall correctly, Chicken Little on DVD did very well. And the last time I was at Disney-MGM (just a couple of weeks ago), Chicken Little had one of the longest lines in the courtyard meet and greet session in front of the Chinese Theater.

Just pointing out that it was hardly a flop.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom