Disney Resort Hawaii

FanofDinsey1981

My family and I love Vero Beach, and though myself, my sister and my brother-in-law have been to Hawaii (AND LOVED IT!), my parents have never been. I hope they see this as an opportunity to have a Vero Beach-type experience in Hawaii. I called my dad the minute I heard about it, and he seemed incredibly excited about it. Sure, there isn't a park going along with it, but it is Hawaii! The beauty of the Islands are enough for me!

lilclerk

My mom is ecstatic. Disney + Hawaii, can't go wrong with her.

If this is connected to DCL, I think it will be huge. Heck, even if it's not, who doesn't want Disney level service no matter where they go on vacation?

OneLuckyMom

I cant see myself having fun in Hawaii, I mean what is actually there? Beaches, yes, a different culture kinda like, maybe yea, but it just doesnt really have anything that would make me wanna go.

Let's see, hiking in places with some of the most gorgeous landscaping you've ever seen, biking in those same places, amazing snorkeling, surfing. And some of the most wonderful, warm, welcoming people you've ever met - many even put the Disney folks to shame.

Oh, and if it's a thrill ride you need - just try the Road to Hana on Maui sometime :)

phenom1307

Def. agree. I dont know about the majority here, but I know Ive never and possibly will never have a desire to go to any other place for vacation other than WDW and DL. I cant see myself having fun in Hawaii, I mean what is actually there? Beaches, yes, a different culture kinda like, maybe yea, but it just doesnt really have anything that would make me wanna go. And this resort they're building doesnt change my mind either, if I wanted a taste of hawaii, I would stay at the Polynesion. Atleast there, I can still be at WDW and be close to the theme parks and other fun.

are you serious? hawai'i sorta kinda has a different culture....more like completely different then the continental U.S. first of all they are an island, that in itself make it a different culture, they have a somewhat different language than us. i just don't see why youre bad mouthing hawai'i saying that there is nothing to do there

Disneyfan1981

Wow....I'm glad I bought my DVC membership last year.....with California Adventure getting DVC villas and now Hawaii.....my options are quickly going up!

po1998

Without a theme park it's just a hotel.

:)
I agree for the most part. I have always wanted to go to Hawaii, but this is not going to encourage me to go right now nor will it be a "must stay here" when I eventually do go.

That being said, I'm sure it will be a really nice resort on par or slightly better than a bunch of other very nice resorts that are spread across the Hawaiian islands.

mouselvrmom

I am very excited! My husband and I have been to Oahu, but my kids haven't and they really want to go sometime.

Now we will be able to use our points to stay there. I'm sure that the points will be pretty high, though.

FanofDinsey1981

Wow....I'm glad I bought my DVC membership last year.....with California Adventure getting DVC villas and now Hawaii.....my options are quickly going up!

I am really excited to see the expansion of the Animal Kingdom Lodge with the part just for DVC members. I have seen the concept art and the mock up of what the rooms will look like at the DVC storefront in Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg IL. It is really an exciting time to be part of DVC!

the-reason14

are you serious? hawai'i sorta kinda has a different culture....more like completely different then the continental U.S. first of all they are an island, that in itself make it a different culture, they have a somewhat different language than us. i just don't see why youre bad mouthing hawai'i saying that there is nothing to do there

I wasnt bad mouthing Hawaii, I just was saying that I dont see anything there that would make me wanna go, including this new disney resort. Thats just my pov. Now I know alot of people feel differently, my friend who usually goes one year to DL then the next to WDW or vice versa went to Hawaii and said it was fun and that she had alot to see and do. But thats her, and thats you, but me, I cant see myself really being drawn to Hawaii, and thats my pov.

Quote Let's see, hiking in places with some of the most gorgeous landscaping you've ever seen, biking in those same places, amazing snorkeling, surfing. And some of the most wonderful, warm, welcoming people you've ever met - many even put the Disney folks to shame Quote

Sounds nice, and fun, but still doesnt give me a desire to go, atleast not right now. Im still young, and more than likely after I get really settled in college and the real world Ill more than likely have a change of heart. I may wanna see more of the "world" than disney world, but at this time Im shooting for a dl trip that Ive been wanting to go on since 2004. Different strolks for different folks.

Iakona

If this is connected to DCL, I think it will be huge. Heck, even if it's not, who doesn't want Disney level service no matter where they go on vacation?

I believe that only US registered cruise ships are authorized in Hawaiian waters. DCL is registered in the Bahamas.

fngoofy

Our 50th State is lovely.

Most of these other big resort mega-hotels and master-planned developments in Hawaii follow the same path when it comes to the PC drivel of "respecting the local culture" and "celebrating the native environment". All that means is a giant cement and steel hotel with tiki torches along the paths and some semi-expensive artwork in the lobby with a little card in the case that talks about how a local person made this in their garage and then sold it to the hotel for a tidy profit. :hammer:

I'll be interested to see how Disney treats their approach to the PC mantra of "celebrating the local culture".

1. Sounds like you've never been to the Hyatt on Kauai or the Ritz on Maui.
2. I wouldn't say being respectful to a native culture, nor educating those that come to experience the uniqueness of the location is being "PC", it's being educated and appreciative.

stalkingmickey

Oh, and if it's a thrill ride you need - just try the Road to Hana on Maui sometime :)

DH and I not only did the road to hana, but we also drove arounf the west side of maui. We went west from Kanapali (spelling) and followed the road around the island. We were warned about the road to hana being pretty tight and all the one lane bridges. Well let me tell you the road from Kanapali west around the tip of maui was scary. We had a Jeep and at times our tire were off the "road" and along the edges of the cliff. :eek:There is room for only 1 car on most of the road:eek::eek: and you have to watch the road ahead for on coming cars so you can pull into a groove to let them pass. Once we got through this road and onto the road to hana it was like cake. :lol:

I have done Pacific Coast Highway from LA to SF, and have driven the coastal roads up through NH and ME, the road around West Maui was scary, but was the best coastal drive I have done. I tooks us 14 hours to drive around the outside of maui.

My Dh and I stayed at the Marriott at Ko Olina for our honeymoon. It was perfect. :sohappy:They had great beaches and the lagoons are cool. You are just far enough away from the city to feel tropical, but close enough to drive there for the sites. When we stayed in Ko Olina no one had heard of it and it was just last September, but they were building alot of hotels along the strip of beach. Ko Olina is upscale with mostly high end hotels and shops as well as golf course. I think Michelle Wi's home course is in that area

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom