Disney Reservation System Plans Outage

ThinkTink721

It is back up now...but, I just tried to retrieve my ADRs & was unable to at this time.
I noticed that someone posted that the system would also be down on 11/17.
Our trip begins on 11/18...if we happen to need to cancel an ADR or rebook an ADR, would it be possible to do that w/ the system down if we are at WDW?

GymLeaderPhil

It is back up now...but, I just tried to retrieve my ADRs & was unable to at this time.
I noticed that someone posted that the system would also be down on 11/17.
Our trip begins on 11/18...if we happen to need to cancel an ADR or rebook an ADR, would it be possible to do that w/ the system down if we are at WDW?
You will not be able to perform any reservation funtions (booking, canceling, retrieving, etc.) during the scheduled downtimes. Those times may be extended past their original scheduled end date. Restaurants on property prepared printed records of reservations through Saturday even though it was supposed to be finished today.

From what I was told this overhaul update to the system is being done in stages, slowly integrating different areas across property for each scheduled downtime. My only guess is that doing it all at once would overwhelm not only the servers/network, but also cause a much longer blackout period versus short intervals spaced out.

Tom

Beta Return
The system is up, but it may take a few tries to get some tasks to complete. The servers are overwhelmed right now with 2 days worth of backlog all happening at once.

Dining also appears to be up and running. Perhaps also intermittently.

There will be a number of additional outages, but they're all supposed to happen overnight, meaning only online users should be affected (since the phones close at 10pm EST).

Not only is this a much needed upgrade to their backend, but it is also providing necessary measures to eventually allow DVC to integrate with the master reservation systems. DVC members will soon be able to book online. They'll also be required to pay for their Dining Plans up-front, but this is because they'll actually be tied to their reservation properly. DVC reservations will be treated like "real" Disney reservations in the not-too-distant future. I, for one, am happy about this!

minorthr

still says i have no reservations. Called dining line it says their systems will be down until Oct 20th :eek:

I'm in big trouble if i can not get these back.

Tom

Beta Return
Well, its 9:33 PM on the 14th and Im still having a hard time making the final payment for my December trip.

Keep trying. The room/package side of things is actually working right now, but it can be extremely slow and will occasionally time out. LOTS of reservations being updated today.

still says i have no reservations. Called dining line it says their systems will be down until Oct 20th :eek:

I'm in big trouble if i can not get these back.

Was this an actual recording you heard at 407-WDW-DINE? The recording literally said their system would be out of order until October 20?

The online dining system works right now. My wife found ours earlier, and even added one for our January trip.

Tom

Beta Return
Well then, the upgrade obviously had nothing to do with proper performance or load handling....

I never read or heard anything that implied they'd be making hardware upgrades. I'm sure they're still using their same data warehouse, and the same internet pipe in and out.

prberk

Original Poster
Well, its 9:33 PM on the 14th and Im still having a hard time making the final payment for my December trip.

To be honest, this is the kind of comment that I find ridiculous. Your DECEMBER trip, and you are up in arms about not being able to make the payment RIGHT NOW, IMMEDIATELY? Really?

It is one thing to be curious (like many of us are) about their upgrade, and yet even another if you have a current reservation or need for this week. But I find it obnoxious that you would be disturbed about not being able to make final payment for a December trip right now, when you know that the upgrade is happening and will likely be complete within days.

I hope you were only doing this out of curiosity.

I personally would wait until the system was clearly up and running and stable (especially if am making a real payment). I am sure that it would be OK if it went through, but I see this as a time to wait (especially to prevent double payments or, even worse, money is taken but not properly connected to the reservation if problems occur). Personally, I would like the extra days of interest on my money.

Paul

ThinkTink721

I was able to retrieve all of my dining reservations today except for 2...I even tried to pull them up by using the confirmations # & they weren't there. :(
I attempted to call the WDW reservation #, but there was a 25 minute wait...maybe I'll try back a little later.

prberk

Original Poster
I found the culprit:

Attachments

• Tron image.jpg
    Tron image.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 30

Fable McCloud

I found the culprit:
That's the most perfect depiction of the culprit. He's totally behind it. Also, if you are trying to call the hotline, try calling in the middle of a weekday at an obscure non-meal break time, like 1:20 or 10:25. The line seems to be less busy with most people at work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom