News Disney removing plastic straws and more by mid-2019

21stamps

Who puts their kid in the middle of a park display???

You’d have to ask the kid. This is where I found him after exiting the restroom.
In fairness to him, there’s only a couple of pumpkins in front of him, it’s usually a wall where people can sit.. and the actual benches were taken. He thought the rock looked like a good place to wait.:cautious:

Last edited:

castlecake2.0

Had to come here specifically to post this..

A kid drinking out of a cup, no straw.. at an amusement park... and it didn’t spill, not even when walking.

So crazy, right?!?! ;)

View attachment 319275

I’ve heard this type of magic exists, the ability to drink from a cup with no lid or straw, how amazing you have photographic proof!!

Seriously tho I was at wdw last week and didn’t see one person spill a drink. AND I used the poison filled refillable toiletries and didn’t go bald. AND I put my purchases into my backpack without needing a plastic bag. I survived.

21stamps

I’ve heard this type of magic exists, the ability to drink from a cup with no lid or straw, how amazing you have photographic proof!!

Seriously tho I was at wdw last week and didn’t see one person spill a drink. AND I used the poison filled refillable toiletries and didn’t go bald. AND I put my purchases into my backpack without needing a plastic bag. I survived.

I don’t believe you. I thought we would hear about ruined shoes from spilled poweraid..
amd how tough it was to place an item in a backpack.
And please Let us know when your hair falls out..
It’s coming.

;)

21stamps

Egads! I’ve drank from metal cups before. They felt terrible on my sensitive teeth. Metal straws can’t be too much different. I highly recommend silicone straws.

Have you used the reusable metal cold drink cups from Starbucks? They really don’t bother your teeth, the straw doesn’t get cold enough..and hopefully you’re not biting it.

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
Have you used the reusable metal cold drink cups from Starbucks? They really don’t bother your teeth, the straw doesn’t get cold enough.

No, I haven’t tried that. I’ve taken a liking to my YETI cup. Then I have these fat milkshake-type silicone straws that fit. Shots of icy-cold H2O to quench the throat for hours.

LittleBuford

Egads! I’ve drank from metal cups before. They felt terrible on my sensitive teeth. Metal straws can’t be too much different. I highly recommend silicone straws.

Metal, silicone, or paper--as long as it's not single-use plastic, it's a better option. I admit that the idea of metal straws sounds offputting, but they're not at all uncomfortable to use.

michmousefan

Had to come here specifically to post this..

A kid drinking out of a cup, no straw.. at an amusement park... and it didn’t spill, not even when walking.

So crazy, right?!?! ;)

View attachment 319275
Well done. Here are three adults of indiscriminate age at another amusement park, even *walking* without spilling, just last month.
IMG_1902.jpg

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member

Did you see anyone in (gasp!) CARGO SHORTS???

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
You’d have to ask the kid. This is where I found him after exiting the restroom.
In fairness to him, there’s only a couple of pumpkins in front of him, it’s usually a wall where people can sit.. and the actual benches were taken. He thought the rock looked like a good place to wait.:cautious:
Might be time for that "stay out of the displays" lecture.

21stamps

Well done. Here are three adults of indiscriminate age at another amusement park, even *walking* without spilling, just last month.
View attachment 319378

It looks like you’re having a blast!!

Maybe you 3 could hold a seminar or something- “How to drink out of a cup while walking, and smiling while doing so.”

Might be time for that "stay out of the displays" lecture.

Already happened immediately.. well, I had to snap the pic first though.. I laughed out loud, can’t even say otherwise. No pumpkins were harmed. Literally a step from the wall onto the rock and back again. Maybe 1.5 feet in between the two.
There’s a smoking area about 10ft away, just outside the women’s restroom.. he said “Mom, I had to stay away from the smoke, but still have a view of the exit. I needed to rest. The rock was perfect.” Not ok, but I’ll take it over the smoking area. Once, with a warning.lol

Sonconato

I just think it's ironic that they are not allowing the standard type of plastic straw, but they are now selling character straws that are also plastic in all the parks, including AK where you can't even enter with straws. Sure, they are reusable, but I have seen them on the ground many times. At $4.00 each for one of these character straws, I'm beginning to wonder if this is a way to make more money.

Voxel

President of Progress City
Sadly collapsible straws (at the moment) are notorious for being difficult to clean due to typically having gaskets.

The biggest issues is how we dispose of Plastic straws at parks.. In Tokyo Disneyland your expect to pour your left over liquid/ice into the ice bin, the plastic lid and straw into another bin, and finally the paper cup into the 3rd bin. However something tells me it's too complicated of a system to work here.. though it makes sense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom