Disney References on TV

hack2112

The episode of The Simpsons in which Bart nominates Ms. Krabappel for teacher of the year and she is a finalist and they all go to EPCOT for the finals.
Actually, they went to EFCOT, with such great attractions as The Electric Car of the Future and The Ride of Broken Dreams. (AKA the ENRON ride!)

JiminyandTink

I notice that on TV shows all the time!

Actually, a couple af years ago I was watching the on-flight movie (music and Lyrics) on my way to WDW and there was a reference. It was like a secret welcome on my way to the world.

dixiegirl

Last Monday, I was watching Two and a Half Men. They mentioned something about Epcot Center (yes, they said Epcot Center). On the Big Bang Theory, Howard was talking to Penny about hooking him up with one of her friends. He says, "I want a tall girl, that way, my children can ride Space Mountain by the time they're 20."

This was really funny to me, especially because it was on CBS. Can anyone recall other funy references to Disney on TV shows?

Funny After that was said on Two and a half men I said to hubby "oh lets see how long it takes for someone to post that on WDWMAGIC".!!1 I knew it would'nt take long!!!

mightyman335

This past Tuesday night, TLC aired an episode of their show "The Little Couple" that was filmed at WDW. Never watched the show before, but was scrolling through the channel guide on my TV and saw the words "The Little Couple jets off to Disney World..." and figured I would tune in to see some WDW footage. Most of the episode took place inside and on Grand Floridian property. It had the guys brother getting married and focused on the wedding preparations and nuptials. Don't recall seeing them go to any of the parks now that I think about it.

For those interested though, I see on TLC's site that it is on again October 27th at 7pm.

Off topic: I was there when they were!
On topic: Didn't SNL also do a Pirate skit where the CMs got actual weapons?

panther726

Original Poster
Funny After that was said on Two and a half men I said to hubby "oh lets see how long it takes for someone to post that on WDWMAGIC".!!1 I knew it would'nt take long!!!
:ROFLOL:And when they mentioned WDW afterwards on Big Bang, I just couldn't resist!

_Scar

On the Office Andy wanted to marry Angela in Epcot and live in Celebration.

I like the Full House Disney Episode too.

Andy's exact quote (hysterical :lol:):

Andy: "I have made non-refundable deposits at four totally different wedding locales. Hot air balloons over Napa Valley, world-famous Walt Disney's EPCOT Center, scuba diving wedding in the Bahamas, and the Wilkes-Barre Marriott Ballroom C."

Angela: "Dangerous, tacky, sharks, haunted. No."

rustysgirl

i just heard one! on King of Queens...

Doug: You do know i serve over 16 kinds of beer from Europe.

Guy: Great. You're a regular Epcot Center.

:wave:

Princess1215

I was just watching a rerun of Full House yesterday where Joey says his mom is Goofy in Disney. It was an earlier episode, season 3 or 4, so way before they actually went to Disney.

They filmed an episode or two of Boy Meets World in Disney.

And Jon and Kate Plus 8 did a Disney episode

:D

Hahaha...I'm glad you mentioned the Jon and Kate plus 8 episode...I laugh everytime I see it! Especially when Kate starts yelling at Jon because the kids are getting melted ice cream all over their clothes!

It's Florida and it's HOT...ice cream will melt...hence three year olds are going to get messy! :brick:

dixiegirl

Helloooooooooo every Sunday Extreme Home Makeover's Ty Pennington yells..............'YOU'RE GOING TO DISNEYWORLD" to the families who are chosen for the makeover...about 9 times out of 10! Personally, I think this is a wonderful thing Disney does for the families! :)

Its so funny because we watch with our two girls , and whenever they say "your going to disney world" our girls sream WOOHOO!!! (Although we get very excited as well) And when they go anywhere else we do say "oh come on why there!!!!"

H20Babie

The Simpson's has loads of Disney references: http://www.snpp.com/guides/disney.html

(Shady and the Tramp, Mary Bobbins, When You Dish Upon a Star, The Great Louse Detective, Special Edna - EFCOT Park, and of course, Itchy & Scratchy Land).

"Duff beer for me,
Duff beer for you,
I'll have a Duff,
You have one too"

:)

brent2124

Big Bang Theory had a Disney reference last year as well. The guys needed a new friend and decided the best way to get a new friend would be to get the Disney Imaginers to build them one.

Alexx

Family guy had a disney reference when Peter takes Stewie to Disney to try and get Stewie to forgive him. Then stewie is make to perform on 'its a tiny world':ROFLOL:

muteki

Back around '95 ish I was at Epcot one night after the fireworks and saw them film part of the Step by Step Disney World episodes. It was very strange, because we were walking by SSE towards the entrance, and in the main Plaza they had the whole center area blocked off and the cast was walking down the middle.

One of these days I will get around to finding that episode and watching it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom