Disney References on TV

panther726

Original Poster
Last Monday, I was watching Two and a Half Men. They mentioned something about Epcot Center (yes, they said Epcot Center). On the Big Bang Theory, Howard was talking to Penny about hooking him up with one of her friends. He says, "I want a tall girl, that way, my children can ride Space Mountain by the time they're 20."

This was really funny to me, especially because it was on CBS. Can anyone recall other funy references to Disney on TV shows?

DisneyPrincess5

Hmm I can't think of anything specific but I have heard some references and I love it! It's fun and exciting to hear something about Disney when you don't expect it.

EPCOTPluto

Life on Mars: the main character tells his crush that they can get together, grow old, and go to EPCOT and ride Spaceship Earth.

There supposedly was a Haunted Mansion blueprint on Will & Grace.

The Golden Girls sometimes referenced WDW.

Oh, and don't forget the Disney World specials from Roseanne, Family Matters & Growing Pains (unsure about this one). :animwink:

UrbanDonovan

The Golden Girls sometimes referenced WDW.

And this never made sense to me. Obviously, the writers had never set foot in the state of Florida. The show was set in Miami and yet they'd spend a whole day at WDW and be back home in time for supper. LOL!

The two best references I remember from this great show is one episode in which Rose was dating a guy who played Goofy. She said she broke-up with him because he took the costume-head off. And then there was the episode where Dorothy took Sophia to WDW. All Sophia wanted was to ride Space Mountain, but Dorothy wouldn't let her for some reason. Sophia was in the hotel bar and it parodied Casablanca with Sophia telling the piano player to "play it once, for old time's sake." And he played the theme from IASW!

wdwwdeagle

I saw a rerun of Sabrina the Teenage Witch the other day, and they were at WDW. She was staying in one of the moderates -- Coronado Springs, I believe, and most intriguing to me was that Sabrina was using a hot pot in her room to make some witchy brew. Is this officially allowed at WDW hotels?

There were also scenes at Animal Kingdom where there was some story line about characters getting transformed (witch-style) into grazing savanna animals. They also dug in the boneyard and found a bone which somehow transformed into a caveman. Odd story lines, to say the least.

SMRT-1

From SNL :

Phil from Miami, what can I do you for?

Caller: Oh, well, I'm retired and pretty well off.

Suze Orman: Oh! Are you single?

Caller: Why, yes, I am.

Suze Orman: Are you a woman?

Caller: Nope.

Suze Orman: Well, then, Phil... you... can count... me... out! What are you... just dying... to buy?

Caller: Well, I would just love to go explore Europe this summer.

Suze Orman: Okay, Phil. Show me... the money.

Caller: Well, I have, uh -- two million in savings, 100 million in stocks, and 20 million in retirement.

Suze Orman: Okay. And you... want... to go... to Europe. An unskilled financial advisor would look at your profile and say, "Arriverderci, Phil!" But, ohhhh no! Not... me! You want to see all of Europe? Fly to Florida, go... to Epcot Center! And bring your own Toblerone candy log... and carry it... in... your waist-purse. Did you ever think of that, Mr. Moneybags?

stitch & lilo

disneyland and world and some princesses are mentioned in each of the 4 twilight books, sorry, i dont watch much tv. but the big bang theory is great!:animwink:

EPCOTPluto

From SNL :

Phil from Miami, what can I do you for?

Caller: Oh, well, I'm retired and pretty well off.

Suze Orman: Oh! Are you single?

Caller: Why, yes, I am.

Suze Orman: Are you a woman?

Caller: Nope.

Suze Orman: Well, then, Phil... you... can count... me... out! What are you... just dying... to buy?

Caller: Well, I would just love to go explore Europe this summer.

Suze Orman: Okay, Phil. Show me... the money.

Caller: Well, I have, uh -- two million in savings, 100 million in stocks, and 20 million in retirement.

Suze Orman: Okay. And you... want... to go... to Europe. An unskilled financial advisor would look at your profile and say, "Arriverderci, Phil!" But, ohhhh no! Not... me! You want to see all of Europe? Fly to Florida, go... to Epcot Center! And bring your own Toblerone candy log... and carry it... in... your waist-purse. Did you ever think of that, Mr. Moneybags?
:sohappy::sohappy::D

DisneyDreamer08

I was just watching a rerun of Full House yesterday where Joey says his mom is Goofy in Disney. It was an earlier episode, season 3 or 4, so way before they actually went to Disney.

They filmed an episode or two of Boy Meets World in Disney.

And Jon and Kate Plus 8 did a Disney episode

:D

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Watching SPEED's F1 coverage, the main announcer, Bob Varsha sometimes refers to the shots of the F1 cars as "an E-Ticket" view.

xsupaxmanxsfnex

Oh, and don't forget the Disney World specials from Roseanne, Family Matters & Growing Pains (unsure about this one). :animwink:

And they had one with Full House. Check out this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMcvuoI_CE0

They also had a John and Kate Plus 8 special where they showed the drive to WDW and a day at the Magic Kingdom. However that was kinda hard to watch with it being so stressful.

Mikester71

This past Tuesday night, TLC aired an episode of their show "The Little Couple" that was filmed at WDW. Never watched the show before, but was scrolling through the channel guide on my TV and saw the words "The Little Couple jets off to Disney World..." and figured I would tune in to see some WDW footage. Most of the episode took place inside and on Grand Floridian property. It had the guys brother getting married and focused on the wedding preparations and nuptials. Don't recall seeing them go to any of the parks now that I think about it.

For those interested though, I see on TLC's site that it is on again October 27th at 7pm.

UrbanDonovan

The episode of The Simpsons in which Bart nominates Ms. Krabappel for teacher of the year and she is a finalist and they all go to EPCOT for the finals.

Lisalyn

Extreme Home Makeover

Helloooooooooo every Sunday Extreme Home Makeover's Ty Pennington yells..............'YOU'RE GOING TO DISNEYWORLD" to the families who are chosen for the makeover...about 9 times out of 10! Personally, I think this is a wonderful thing Disney does for the families! :)

DisneyLeo18

Didn't Step by Step have a Disney special too?

Also I know some people on here watch adult swim for family guy at night? Well the other night in between episodes they had one of their funny little ads... Well it was basically a person writing a letter complaining about fake trees, and the picture during the commercial appeared to be the cell phone tower disguised as a tree from AK!! The commercial goes on to say "please do not try to disguise telephone poles with fake metal branches and leaves". I searched all over youtube and couldn't find it. Anyway I thought this was the best disney reference ever.. if it is one :lookaroun:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom