Disney Raises Ticket Prices Sunday!

crazydaveh

Original Poster
This comes from the Orlando Sentinel.

The price of magic goes up this weekend at Walt Disney World, where the basic adult ticket is climbing 6 percent to a record $71.

Disney on Friday announced a whole range of new ticket prices that take effect Sunday. The price changes also affect the discount packages that still can push the per-day cost below $23 for adults who want to commit to as much as a 10-day run at Disney's four theme parks.

But almost all the prices are going up. And for the second year in a row, Disney is raising its prices in August rather than in December or January, when theme parks historically announced price increases.

There was no word Friday out of either Universal Orlando or SeaWorld Orlando about whether they, too, expect to raise prices soon. But Central Florida's theme-park resorts have a history of raising ticket prices at about the same time to about the same amounts.

Disney's increase came just two days after Walt Disney Co. announced a $1.1 billion corporate profit and another good quarter at the company's theme parks, where profit margins were exceeding 20 percent.

Disney officials said the price timing had nothing to do with the corporate earnings; rather, it was tied to the annual planning cycles of travel wholesalers, tour organizers and commercial publications. They need their 2008 information soon.

And there was no indication Friday that anyone expects Disney's new price to start scaring away customers.

"We strongly believe that Walt Disney World represents a great entertainment value. Our guests agree," spokesman Rick Sylvain said. "In our guests surveys, nine out of 10 rate their theme park experience from good to excellent."

sbkline

Not that a price increase is something to cheer about, but I, for one, am excited that something is finally being announced regarding 2008! Hopefully room rates and DDP prices will be released within days.

Weren't the 2007 rates released at the same time as the ticket increase last August?

DonaldD23

Ticket prices are ridiculous! When my AP expires I am not renewing and I am going to stop going to WDW...they keep increasing the price and not adding anything of value to the parks. We keep getting inferior attractions and expensive restaurants. Nothing added in the past year has added any value to the parks. What a waste of time and money WDW is becoming. I prefer Disneyland.

sknydave

Ticket prices are ridiculous! When my AP expires I am not renewing and I am going to stop going to WDW...they keep increasing the price and not adding anything of value to the parks. We keep getting inferior attractions and expensive restaurants. Nothing added in the past year has added any value to the parks. What a waste of time and money WDW is becoming. I prefer Disneyland.

The lines are getting smaller already!

sbkline

Come now, it's not THAT bad. They raised the price by 3 or 4 bucks, it looks like. Just buy one less dole whip and call it good.

It ain't like the doubled the price or something. Sheesh.

raven

Hmm. Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't Finding Nemo The Musical added since last year?...and the Nemo ride?...and The Laugh Floor? :hammer:

Hmm. Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't Finding Nemo The Musical added since last year?...and the Nemo ride?...and The Laugh Floor? :hammer:

Honestly I found both the Nemo musical and the ride to be boring and pointless. But then again, I don't think 18 year olds are their target audience with those.

raven

Honestly I found both the Nemo musical and the ride to be boring and pointless. But then again, I don't think 18 year olds are their target audience with those.

I am 36 and was blown away by the stage production of Nemo. Of corse I do work in live theatre but it takes a lot to impress me and this was one of the best theame park shows I have ever seen.

I am 36 and was blown away by the stage production of Nemo. Of corse I do work in live theatre but it takes a lot to impress me and this was one of the best theame park shows I have ever seen.

I'm sure its different for everyone. I'm probably in the minority saying I don't like it, but they are just not my type. It might just be because I'm still bitter about them taking away Tarzan Rocks, it was by far my favorite show at any of the parks.

Champion

Record attendance numbers seem to disagree with you.

Champion

It's more physcological that the prices went up. Even at 3-4 dollars.

Right. One day tickets SHOULD go up every year, take advantage of the people that can't plan ahead to buy tickets or don't buy a lot of days at once. Nothing wrong with that.

Nothing wrong with increasing room rates, either.

Disney05

Right. One day tickets SHOULD go up every year, take advantage of the people that can't plan ahead to buy tickets or don't buy a lot of days at once. Nothing wrong with that.

Nothing wrong with increasing room rates, either.

Trust me, I'm not happy either. I spend a good fortune to go there once a year. And yes, one day prices will be so high we won't be able to go.

sbkline

Trust me, I'm not happy either. I spend a good fortune to go there once a year. And yes, one day prices will be so high we won't be able to go.

I don't know about you, but my job has an annual raise of around 3 percent. That makes my bi-weekly paycheck jump up around 20 bucks or so with every raise. So, Disney tickets go up 3 or 4 bucks a year, but on my 26 paychecks for that year, they go up 20 bucks. So as long as that's the case, I don't see how 3 dollar increases can eventually make you not be able to go. :shrug:

But then again, I recall having this exact same discussion a year ago when they raised the prices then...not necessarily with you, but with others at the time who said the same things you're saying. So it looks like that poor ol' dead horse is about to get another beating. LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom