Disney Quest to close in July 2017

tidecat

I noticed on the DisneyQuest page at https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/e...s/disney-quest-indoor-interactive-theme-park/ that it lists the hours for 12/31/16 as Noon to 9:00 PM, but any date in January returns "No times available". I would suspect that 12/31/16 really is it, although it could be a case of Disney Springs not having loaded their hours for January yet. I can pull up hours for Blizzard Beach, Animal Kingdom, Magic Kingdom, and EPCOT as far as 1/21/17 (six months from today) but not for DisneyQuest

tissandtully

That building is far too big for just an Escape room business. Not to mention Orlando is already rife with excellent ones.
LOL, I guess you don't remember what happened after Virgin Megastore in DD closed, which is a gigantic building. They used it to sell radio controlled cars, lol, on the first floor only, and barely took up the first floor. Leave it to Disney to try to do something with the space, but maybe not all of it.

Bolt

I noticed on the DisneyQuest page at https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/e...s/disney-quest-indoor-interactive-theme-park/ that it lists the hours for 12/31/16 as Noon to 9:00 PM, but any date in January returns "No times available". I would suspect that 12/31/16 really is it, although it could be a case of Disney Springs not having loaded their hours for January yet. I can pull up hours for Blizzard Beach, Animal Kingdom, Magic Kingdom, and EPCOT as far as 1/21/17 (six months from today) but not for DisneyQuest
Don't read into that - even if they were to close at the end of the year, they would wait until they got through the holiday season. And welcome!

prberk

I agree completely.

Imagine the line for Philharmagic if they updated it to randomly take you to different sequences and updated it with new sequences periodically (such as Frozen, Tangled, Moana, etc).... it's a missed opportunity really (in general, not just my example). DQ is full of "missed opportunity" for the exact same reasons, IMO. Pirates is a great example of what other attractions could have been remade into.

You know, in re-reading this and my post to which you were responding, it occurs to me that the CBJ Christmas and Vacation Hoedown shows are perfect examples that in an earlier time period, the company was committed to keeping things fresh with evolutionary or seasonal reprogramming and redressing the rides as useful (and the same might be said of DL's other Christmas updates that we don't get); but today they are so averse to it that at least at WDW that they don't even run those seasonal shows for CBJ, even though the program and change routines already exist. Not to mention giving us new versions of the seasonal shows.

So that would be further evidence that they do not, at least at WDW, have much interest in the evolutionary change to rides that would help Disney Quest stay current.

I, for one, really think that, especially CBJ should still run the seasonal shows -- but also, like I said above, could benefit like the EPCOT Future World attractions and DQ from more regular show updates -- not wholesale change, but updates and refreshing. (And, no, shortening it last year did not count.)

Last edited:

admiral-ari-x

A part of me hopes that it stays a while longer so I can finally experience it- my parents abhorred it, thought it was much too expensive. But now that I think about it, I don't have much time at the springs next trip, and a part of me doesn't want to spend 40 bucks for that... decisons, decisions :confused:
But at the same time, I think it either needs major revamping or it needs to go, it has run its course and there's not much Disney can do to save it, though I wish they could. I am so on board with the theatre complex idea though, god that sounds spectacular!

Karakasa

It's definitely something worth experiencing, even in its current state. However, I will say this:
With the exception of the Aladdin Carpet ride and Cyberspace Mountain, all the Disneyquest attractions proper are meant to be multiplayer. Make sure you bring at least one family member/friend/etc. with you, or you'll get pretty bored pretty quickly. I made the mistake of going by myself last time and I found myself only really enjoying the arcade games and Aladdin (couldn't do Cyberspace Mountain because the lapbar didn't fit me this time- I'm a very tall and portly gentleman). Pirates in particular suffers from needing multiple players- there's absolutely no way to win the last scene with only one person on board.

Nothing at all had really changed from 2014, which is the last time I'd gone to it, and I went with a few friends and had a blast then, so there's definitely a social aspect to going to it.

KINGLOUIS1993

If this is true it's good news as I have no idea how they could maintain interest in a single sport that's not really a big deal outside of the USA. Now I could see a an ESPN sports bar with immersive themed levels and weekly events (autograph signings and the like) fitting in well in that building but realistically I don't know how that would hold up long term either.
Basketball is massive in the UK but even bigger in Spain and Greece!

Tay

Blue sky but I would really like for them to turn it into Wreck it Ralph themed . One floor could have arcade games and the other four turned into a go kart track themed to Sugar Rush Racers. The walls could be green screens and it's like you're in a race. It would still be an interactive theme park.

Siren

Since Disney is on this whole IP synergy thing, they should totally gut Disney Quest and transform it into either a Marvel or Star Wars themed dinner show. I'm talking about a top notch production with a state of the art theater and interactive stuff all around!

People would love to dine with Spiderman dangling from a ceiling and Thor and Iron Man or something like that.

And, Disney can totally skirt around the whole no Marvel in theme parks rule with a really cool dinner show concept at Disney Springs. People will pay like top dollar just for the photo op and autograph sessions alone.

raymusiccity

Since Disney is on this whole IP synergy thing, they should totally gut Disney Quest and transform it into either a Marvel or Star Wars themed dinner show. I'm talking about a top notch production with a state of the art theater and interactive stuff all around!

People would love to dine with Spiderman dangling from a ceiling and Thor and Iron Man or something like that.

And, Disney can totally skirt around the whole no Marvel in theme parks rule with a really cool dinner show concept at Disney Springs. People will pay like top dollar just for the photo op and autograph sessions alone.

Just a personal opinion, but, it seems that 'themed dinner shows, have already come and gone. 'Medieval Knights', 'Pirates', and 'Dixie Stampedes' just seem lame nowadays. Cost prohibitive as well. Disney would probably have better luck retheming 'Cirque de Soleil'.

Karakasa

Hm, I don't know, I don't particularly think they are that lame. If there were one closer to me I'd attend Medieval Times with more frequency.
Also it's not like Disney doesn't already have several themed dinner shows- the Spirit of Aloha at the Polynesian and Hoop-de-Doo at Fort Wilderness for example. That they keep them around shows people do come to them.

True that it's a bit cost prohibitive though! That said I can't imagine a single day's worth of showtimes using either of the mentioned IPs would be more prohibitive than, say, a day's worth of Lights, Motors, Action showings was, so I think they could make back the money plus profit from it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom