Disney profit up 54 percent with Disney World attendance up 2 percent

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
To the best of my knowledge - Please someone correct me if I'm wrong - Management members get unlimited access to the parks for themselves and their families.
The average cast member (making up the majority of Disney Park Employee's) are normally allowed (12) sign-ins for themselves and the # of family members on their sign-in pass.
Last year and this year, Disney has authorized cast members and their families (16) sign-ins...

Again, the big question is "WHY???"

Because it's a cheap way to try to boost morale, I would think. It's like a law firm instituting casual dress, or a corporation upgrading the coffee provided in the breakrooms. Little cost, but it hopefully make employees a bit happier.

Must the reason be more complicated than that?

spaceghost

Every part of WDW needs updates, that is what keeps people coming back. I think that FLE is going to soak up any devlopment money at MK, epcot needs some countries added and wol reopened, dhs is due for another sunset blvd expansion, dak needs more tlc, we need more moderates and dtd is due for a revamp because hw won't do.

Well, I think that's a little bit of an exaggeration. From what you are saying Disney pretty much needs to raze and rebuild all of the parks. We enthusiasts get a little carried away with what we feel should be done vs. the reality of what can or needs to be done. If it was so horrible, no one would go...

flavious27

Well, I think that's a little bit of an exaggeration. From what you are saying Disney pretty much needs to raze and rebuild all of the parks. We enthusiasts get a little carried away with what we feel should be done vs. the reality of what can or needs to be done. If it was so horrible, no one would go...

Huh?

I am suggesting to reopen WOL and add some countries to the WS in Epcot. DHS gets an addition while DAK gets some loving before they expand. Also, there needs to be more moderates to balance out the amount of Deluxe and Value Resorts.

How are any of those suggestions going to need the parks to be razed? Why do you think that what I am suggesting is not something that can be done, it is mostly projects that disney has done in the past.

cheezbat

Hyperion Wharf will be good enough for Downtown Disney.

The Magic Kingdom could really use some type of E-ticket thrill ride. And please, either update or tear out that stupid Speedway!

Epcot could use a new pavillion to replace WOL, An Imagination redo, Finish the decent on Spaceship Earth, and a few attractions in the existing countries pavillions.

Studios needs a few more C-D ticket rides. Monsters Inc anybody? Put Sounds Dangerous out of its misery already too!

Animal Kingdom needs a whole new land with multiple new attractions. And get that dang Yeti fixed!

Typhoon Lagoon could use another attraction or two as well.

If WDW actually did all of these things, I think it'd be alot harder for me and any of the rest of us to complain for quite some time.

flavious27

Hyperion Wharf will be good enough for Downtown Disney.

The Magic Kingdom could really use some type of E-ticket thrill ride. And please, either update or tear out that stupid Speedway!

Epcot could use a new pavillion to replace WOL, An Imagination redo, Finish the decent on Spaceship Earth, and a few attractions in the existing countries pavillions.

Studios needs a few more C-D ticket rides. Monsters Inc anybody? Put Sounds Dangerous out of its misery already too!

Animal Kingdom needs a whole new land with multiple new attractions. And get that dang Yeti fixed!

Typhoon Lagoon could use another attraction or two as well.

If WDW actually did all of these things, I think it'd be alot harder for me and any of the rest of us to complain for quite some time.

Another thread is about putting wre into one of the parks, why not a south american version for dak?

The idea behind sounds dangerous can be used again, the attraction needs to be updated.

juniorthomas

Another thread is about putting wre into one of the parks, why not a south american version for dak?

The idea behind sounds dangerous can be used again, the attraction needs to be updated.

Can we, once and for all, retire Sounds Dangerous? We get it already. Let's move on.

T-1MILLION

Agreed. Movies celebrating the country don't cut it for me.

Especially when that concept is so played out. We live in the world of the itnernet as well. Anyone who wants to know something about a country does not need a circular film or semi circle film to tell them about it...especially when dated.

You hear Norway has personal computers now?

juniorthomas

Especially when that concept is so played out. We live in the world of the itnernet as well. Anyone who wants to know something about a country does not need a circular film or semi circle film to tell them about it...especially when dated.

You hear Norway has personal computers now?

I get that it does a lot for tourism, but seriously. If you want to retain people in each country, give them something to do thats better than standing in line and then standing as you watch a movie. (Hello, China)

And on Norway: I'll believe that when I see it.

flavious27

I get that it does a lot for tourism, but seriously. If you want to retain people in each country, give them something to do thats better than standing in line and then standing as you watch a movie. (Hello, China)

And on Norway: I'll believe that when I see it.

I know, how about some themed sega crusin machines?

hokielutz

Huh?

How are any of those suggestions going to need the parks to be razed? Why do you think that what I am suggesting is not something that can be done, it is mostly projects that disney has done in the past.

Its not your comment, but its the sum of all the comments about this thing needs fixing, that needs to be completely redone, build a 5th gate, more e-tickets, droning on about TDO, debates about what kind of attraction TSM is, Yeti, FLE, etc.... The list goes on and on. Because one cannot browse the News and general discussions without finding threads with these overtones... it can be assumed this board thinks WDW has gone to hell in a hand-basket.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom