Disney profit up 54 percent with Disney World attendance up 2 percent

flavious27

Its not your comment, but its the sum of all the comments about this thing needs fixing, that needs to be completely redone, build a 5th gate, more e-tickets, droning on about TDO, debates about what kind of attraction TSM is, Yeti, FLE, etc.... The list goes on and on. Because one cannot browse the News and general discussions without finding threads with these overtones... it can be assumed this board thinks WDW has gone to hell in a hand-basket.

this is a disney fanboy site, we like to point out what we think is wrong and put down our wishes.

TP2000

Probably my favorite part about sounds dangerous (besides mention of a paper turban - how about that) is the 1996 ABC branding on all of the posters. Vintage advertising...

I don't think they were going for the vintage look.

Sounds Dangerous is one of those park offerings that just makes you cringe. It's so hopelessly dated, so tired and worn, so clearly from another era. You wonder what it will take to finally put it out of its misery? A direct meteor strike, perhaps?

spaceghost

I was just stating where the poster you were commenting on may be coming from.

That was where I was coming from. There is a difference between expressing your wishes for what we'd love the parks to be, and stating it as a fact of what must be done in order for WDW to be somehow "acceptable."

juniorthomas

I don't think they were going for the vintage look.

Sounds Dangerous is one of those park offerings that just makes you cringe. It's so hopelessly dated, so tired and worn, so clearly from another era. You wonder what it will take to finally put it out of its misery? A direct meteor strike, perhaps?

Oh they absolutely weren't trying for a vintage look. They simply don't want to spend money to update posters and signage for a 15 year old ride. I just love how okay they are with violating current ABC brand standards.

And sadly, the meteor strike would likely only make Drew Carey stronger.

_Scar

Everytime we go to WDW we say "are we really in a recession?" It's always so busy!

Great for WDC, but competition is good for everyone- and now it seems like WDW's competition only strengthened TDO. Boo.

On a side note- I bet DL people are p/o'ed but they'll get a huge increase with cars, ariel, etc so whatever

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom