Disney princesses find new home at the Magic Kingdom Park

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Greetings all from the Geek Labs

Guests now will be able to meet their favorite Disney princesses in a central location, following the recent grand opening of the Princess Room in Mickey's Toontown Fair at the Magic Kingdom Park.

"Guest demand really showed a necessity for a princess-only backdrop for meet-and-greet opportunities," said Magic Kingdom Entertainment Team Leader Katrina Webster. "We feel that the Princess Room will meet that demand perfectly and provide Guests with a totally new experience."

Part of the Walt Disney World Entertainment princess strategy was to provide a themed story base to individually meet each of the princesses. A collaborative effort with Walt Disney Imagineering, the Magic Kingdom Production Team and local Entertainment leadership gained momentum when Magic Kingdom Greeter Ernie Shorb shared his ideas with senior leadership.

"So many Guests want to meet our princesses, and I felt that what we really needed was a place that would bring everyone together," Ernie said. "Seeing the end result of this project is truly gratifying, and shows that any Cast Member can become involved in the evolution of the show."

Aurora, Snow White and Cinderella currently are making appearances at the Princess Room. Other princesses will be available on a rotating basis.

Chernabog

Out of general curiosity, does any know which room the princess room is replacing? I assume it is the one that Cindy was popping in and out of already but I just wanted to make sure. Also, if this is the case then are they bumping Suzy and Perla to another room or removing them entirely?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I know a certain little Vince that will faint when he.... err SHE hears this

SirNim

MrNonacho said:
This sentence reminds me of the McRib. :slurp:
ROFL. The infamous McRib... lol

But yes, many people will be pleased with the addition of this character greeting experience to the Magic Kingdom repertoire.. ;)

Princess Alice?

Would Alice be considered a princess? Or would she be by the teacups? I've seen the Mad Hatter and the White Rabbit out by the tea cups and got a picture, but I never saw Alice. Would she be considered a "rotating" princess? ;)

ltbeach

All the guys are thinking it, so im not afraid to say it. the only reason i hang around germany at EPCOT, (besides the beer) is to see snow white. Now that they are all together, theres a reason to go to toontown!!

Feta

CommunicoreBabe said:
Would Alice be considered a princess? Or would she be by the teacups? I've seen the Mad Hatter and the White Rabbit out by the tea cups and got a picture, but I never saw Alice. Would she be considered a "rotating" princess? ;)

Personally, as much as I love Alice, I'd have to vote "nay" on considering her a princess. I have seen her on several occasions over by the teacups. Just like the Hatter and Rabbit that you mentioned, I've also seen Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum.

waltdisny

General Grizz said:
All princesses in one location? I have a feeling some fathers wouldn't have a problem taking their kids over. :lookaroun
And me with 3 daughters, what a hardship, But I'm sure I'll pull through some how.:D

jbeeching

Princesses at Toon Town...

Late Sept. had Ariel and Cinderella there (my daughter was incredibly excited); but it really wasn't designated as a "Princess Room. Did they makeover one of the "cattle stalls"?...

Jeff

jbeeching said:
Late Sept. had Ariel and Cinderella there (my daughter was incredibly excited); but it really wasn't designated as a "Princess Room. Did they makeover one of the "cattle stalls"?...

I was just going to bring this up :) We got a picture with Ariel in Toontown last week, but I was a little disappointed by the backdrop, which looks more like a countryside than an underwater grotto, or even a "Princess Room"

TheDisneyGirl02

Well, when I was there in August, the room that used to be the princess room now housed the Pooh characters and the princess room was the old Pooh room. As far as the backdrop, they were just changed about 2 years ago or so when they got new carpeting. It happened pretty much overnight. Maybe they will change it now that it's the official Princess Room...we'll have to wait and see...

TheDisneyGirl02

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
VillianFan said:
In mid September the Princess room had Cinderella, Perla, and Ariel since the Grotto is currently out of commission.

Good ridance to the Grotto.....If my 20K has to go, so should the Grotto.

Who is Perla?

tigsmom

CommunicoreBabe said:

We always see Alice by Exposition Hall.

tigsmom

hakunamatata said:
Good ridance to the Grotto.....If my 20K has to go, so should the Grotto.

Who is Perla?
Perla is one of the mice from Cinderella...we usualy see her with Suzy.

Disneydreaming

Is this really new? It seems to me that I remember, oh maybe about 6 or 7 years ago, that there was already a Princess room? I clearly remember when my 3 daughters were much younger that we had met Belle, Snow White, Minnie and I can't remember who else. It seems like sometime after that, it was discontinued. Well, anyway, glad they are bringing them back. My daughters are still young enough to be excited about this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom