Disney pools to be locked/ inaccessible in the overnight hours

NoWayJose

Original Poster
According to this article "Walt Disney World will soon move to lock down access to the pools at their resort hotels, so that "off hours" swimming will become a thing of the past. By some point in November, all Disney pools will be locked and inaccessible even to hotel guests in the overnight hours."

Not entirely depressing as we stay at the BC 99% of the time. However, I did not realize this was such a huge issue. I guess there are some late night issues at other hotels.

http://ultimateorlando.blogspot.com...it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=ultorlando

PhilharMagician

I wasn't aware any of their pools were accessible after hours.
Certainly none of the larger ones were.
I believe all the pools are accessible with the exception of maybe the BLT pool since it is gated with locks. Most pools in WDW do not have fences around them so anyone can get in whenever they want. I order to lock them down there would be a lot of fence work to be done. A sign will certainly not stop people from swimming when they feel like.

bsiev1977

FP+ for the pools!!!!!!!!

Seriously, POP would be a to put fences around.

And I do not mean to step on toes, but where were the parents? Seriously why are we paying the price for the Darwin award people?
That's life unfortunately. Society feels the need to cater to the lowest common denominator.
Sadly, it can't be assumed anymore that people will exercise logic and sound decision making.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
FP+ for the pools!!!!!!!!

Seriously, POP would be a to put fences around.

And I do not mean to step on toes, but where were the parents? Seriously why are we paying the price for the Darwin award people?

Most people are not trained to know what drowning truly looks like. They think it looks like what they show in movies and on TV.

"It is the number two cause of accidental death in children, age 15 and under (just behind vehicle accidents) – of the approximately 750 children who will drown next year, about 375 of them will do so within 25 yards of a parent or other adult. In ten percent of those drownings, the adult will actually watch them do it, having no idea it is happening." Great article on what drowning is really like - Drowning Doesn't Look Like Drowning

EvilQueen-T

Hate it. Yes, people have drown but what people have to remember is that just because your child can keep their head above water if they aren't really strong swimmers you can't take your eyes off them. People like me who have grown up in FL know that no matter what you have to keep your eye on your kid not your friends or your smart phone. The pools currently close by 11-12 at the latest so if you come back from emh during the hot summer you're out of luck. Disappointing to me as we like a little time to wind down and stretch out the muscles when there aren't 1000 people in the pool. We stayed at a daytona beach resort in august who has security clear out the pools at 11pm sharp...hated it. Felt like a kid with a curfew.

NoWayJose

Original Poster
Were all the pools accessible at night before this? I can recall, as recently as our trip to the BC in May, that the lifeguards had everyone exit the pools. In fact, I cant remember ever seeing anyone in the pool late at night. Maybe I was never paying mind to it...

Bairstow

Were all the pools accessible at night before this? I can recall, as recently as our trip to the BC in May, that the lifeguards had everyone exit the pools. In fact, I cant remember ever seeing anyone in the pool late at night. Maybe I was never paying mind to it...

They've been "closing" the pools for years but apparently now they're going to start locking them up as well, and building fences and gates where there weren't any.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom