Disney Police

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
But Disney is more than a private company, it's also it's own government. :eek:
But how deep does that government really go? My understanding was that it did not go much past emergency services, zoning and a building department. All of which had to meet or exceed specifications set for all other municipalities in the state of Florida.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
First things first... thank you for serving.

Next on the list, most of the things in public that were done after 9/11, by the government and privat companies, were done strictly to calm down the masses. The real people keeping us safe at home are the 3 lettered government agencies that people don't mention much. Not the TSA, not DHS... but ATF, FBI, etc.

wedway71

\

No kidding but as a member of the united states air force I think about it every day. So if disney has "under cover" security I say good for them and thank you for the peace of mind so when my famliy and I are down there I feel a bit more safe.

Hiya Air Force-In AK???? I was e-5 -2wox1-nothing like loading PGMS in (-)100 degrees-lol

WDW Monorail

Next on the list, most of the things in public that were done after 9/11, by the government and privat companies, were done strictly to calm down the masses. The real people keeping us safe at home are the 3 lettered government agencies that people don't mention much. Not the TSA, not DHS... but ATF, FBI, etc.

You can also add the CIA, NSA, and believe it or not, NASA, to that list.
I am sure that there are others.

mkt

Premium Member
So I got some information about WDW's elite unit. It's a team of about 30-40 people, all former SWAT and Elite Military. They earn a flat salary, and run WDW's crisis team, K9, antiterrorism, and dignitary security. They carry a 9mm revolver, taser, and handcuffs... and are "allowed to take someone down."

SteveUK

I've heard of all the others, but who are the E.T.C.?

LuLaSue

Truthfully, I feel more comfortable knowing Disney does have an "elite" secuity initiative in place. I am sure dignitary protection has been around well before an anti-terrorism unit was put into place with its high celebrity index. All of it makes alot of sense to me. It's better to be prepared. Alot of private companies have taken it upon themselves to hire retired military and police officers who have certain training qualifications in order to insure our safety. I think its cool.

God Bless our Men and Women who put their life on the Line for us!!!

WDWnUt0001

Truthfully, I feel more comfortable knowing Disney does have an "elite" secuity initiative in place. I am sure dignitary protection has been around well before an anti-terrorism unit was put into place with its high celebrity index. All of it makes alot of sense to me. It's better to be prepared. Alot of private companies have taken it upon themselves to hire retired military and police officers who have certain training qualifications in order to insure our safety. I think its cool.

I so agree and thats the point I was tring to get across

mkt

Premium Member

Personally, I don't. When it's a private organization doing this, it scares me that they do this with no accountability- no one to answer to but themselves.

The same for the TSA... just like Disney Security, no law enforcement authority; but unlike the TSA, Disney Security now has a unit with guns... and that scares me almost as much as the TSA.

pheneix

Disney Security now has a unit with guns... and that scares me almost as much as the TSA.

I'm not against the way this unit is set up at all. Quite frankly, they're job is crisis management - terrorist attacks, tornadoes, riots, that sort of thing. If that sort of crisis were to break out in a Disney park, I feel safer with them than without them. And this is coming from someone who has had to deal with an armed guest threatening to use his weapon.

LuLaSue

MKT - I do appreciate your concerns, they are real and tangible. However, I do not think a company like Disney would take these initiatives without a well trained and organized team.

Disney in and of itself is a well oiled machine, I have faith that they have taken every precaution to ensure the safety of their team and those who are visiting there parks.

mkt

Premium Member
MKT - I do appreciate your concerns, they are real and tangible. However, I do not think a company like Disney would take these initiatives without a well trained and organized team.

Disney in and of itself is a well oiled machine, I have faith that they have taken every precaution to ensure the safety of their team and those who are visiting there parks.

I can appreciate your trusting the mouse, but I've dealt with the company on both a personal and professional level for the better half of 10 years, and I don't have that much faith in them :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom