News Disney plans to reboot Voyage of the Little Mermaid stage show at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Dranth

I'm totally in favor of ANYTHING at DHS at this point, but I can't stop laughing this being is a year out.
I don't think 9ish months is over the top to rework the show, staff up and rehearse. Sure, they could have waited until it was almost ready to say anything but a lot of people like hearing about it early and I am willing to bet that this would have "leaked" as soon as a casting call went out, if not sooner, so why not announce it now?

the_rich

I don't think 9ish months is over the top to rework the show, staff up and rehearse. Sure, they could have waited until it was almost ready to say anything but a lot of people like hearing about it early and I am willing to bet that this would have "leaked" as soon as a casting call went out, if not sooner, so why not announce it now?
Plus, people plan their visits months in advance. As soon as I told my younger sister it was coming back she wanted me to start planning a trip.

thomas998

They have had 3 years to work on this new show, why announce this now? Why not just work on it, and announce when its within a few months. Just never understood their announcement cadence.
Could be that given their box office bombs recently that they are just trying to throw out any news that might muddy shareholders minds, especially when they are having to deal with a large investor trying to get some non-Iger board members elected.

pdude81

They have had 3 years to work on this new show, why announce this now? Why not just work on it, and announce when its within a few months. Just never understood their announcement cadence.
I think they knew a live action Mermaid was in the pipeline and they wanted to see which version to theme this to. As for announcements, the second @danlb_2000 catches a permit, we'd be debating whether they would bother updating the show or just clean the seats. This way we know it should be something of an improvement.

LSLS

I guess I'm under the assumption that it's a bit further along, and I was assuming it was just a reworking instead of all new. And of course I'm very jaded at this point with time lines and changes. But at any rate, much needed, so glad it's coming back.

The Colonel

This is over the official announcement

The new show will be called “The Little Mermaid — A Musical Adventure” and is coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Fall 2024 and will be a “fully reimagined theatrical production inspired by the Walt Disney Animation Studios classic” of the same name. So, this show will be all about the original and not the live-action remake.
Nevertheless, certain "updates" can be made.

TheMaxRebo

Interesting wording in the Disney Food Blog post about the new show coming

That's like introducing your new wife as your ex-girlfriend

20231219_105458.png

Brian

Interesting wording in the Disney Food Blog post about the new show coming

That's like introducing your new wife as your ex-girlfriend

View attachment 759483
DFB loves a click baity headline almost as much as Inside the Magic.

Disney: "We're closing Typhoon Lagoon for its annual refurbishment."
ITM: "Disney announces CLOSURE of major theme park"

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom