News Disney plans to accelerate Parks investment to $60 billion over 10 years

doctornick

I knew about the previously mentioned Avatar “experience” for DLR which is why I was wondering how the talk seemed to morph into a whole land. So it is either than Iger misspoke (seems more likely) or perhaps it is possible if DLR actually develops DL Forward and expands the park space.

yensidtlaw1969

I knew about the previously mentioned Avatar “experience” for DLR which is why I was wondering how the talk seemed to morph into a whole land. So it is either than Iger misspoke (seems more likely) or perhaps it is possible if DLR actually develops DL Forward and expands the park space.
Or Option C.

BrianLo

Since there is committed capital to DL Forward, my assumption is this is a DL Forward project. They are being purposefully wishy-washy until the ultimate approval in the Spring to reduce opposition.

They learned their lesson from the Eastern Gateway and four star hotel mishaps.

BrianLo

First expansion announced, going to Shanghai in the form of a new attraction located adjacent to Zootopia but separately themed

A multi-launch Vekoma coaster was what they purchased a while ago. Not the foggiest idea of a theme. It is going where Everest was earmarked many years ago. Not really as an actual planned attraction but as a pseudo-placeholder.

BrianLo

China's picking up half the cost, no?

Yup, I believe 53%. Though it’s certainly part of their broader capex spend this cycle. HKDL should still have partial capex for whatever the Avengers attraction became.

I wasn’t interpreting that as a bad thing per se, though I’m sure someone is dying to trot out the tired #ThanksShanghai again.

Decade on decade one attraction compares favourably to the whole Shanghai resort being built out. Though I strongly suspect a second gate will materialize in ten years. Bob might even trigger it as a legacy thing since he really seems to associate himself with that resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom