Disney-Pixar Studios

comics101

Original Poster
I know this has been discussed a ton of times, but here it is coming from the man we all love to hate, Jim Hill. Though most of you have probably already read it, I thought it might be fun to discuss the article. He says that anything with the MGM name will be removed from the park by October 2007, and that we MAY see the Pixar studios instead instead of MGM. He also says Lasseter(sp?) supposedly feels the parks are getting over satturated with Pixar stuff and is against the Disney-Pixar Studios.

http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hill/archive/2006/09/08/5563.aspx

head mouse

BTW I wanted to add. Why not just call it Disney Studios, that way in 10 years when Pixar decides to back out (and we all know they will) they wont have to change the name again.

Side note. This also means any special things given to CM's with the MGM name on it will be worht ALOT more $$$$$$$ :D

darthjohnny

BTW I wanted to add. Why not just call it Disney Studios, that way in 10 years when Pixar decides to back out (and we all know they will) they wont have to change the name again.

Side note. This also means any special things given to CM's with the MGM name on it will be worht ALOT more $$$$$$$ :D

What do you mean? Pixar and Disney are one in the same now since Disney has officially purchased them. They can't just back out in 10 years. But they should just call it the Disney Studios if and when they stop using MGM.

doop

Honestly, if they were to call it Disney-Pixar Studios, I think it would look and sound very odd, it is Walt DISNEY World, the name change should just be Disney Studios. That's probably what it will end up being anyway.

imamouse

Disney Studios or Walt Disney Studios (like the one in Paris) would be a more generic fit. They could even save on merchandising if they used the same name and logo.

comics101

Original Poster
Maybe it's just me, but there's something about the Disney Studios that just sounds odd. Maybe it's the one word thing because I personally the The Walt Disney Studios would be good.

Chape19714

I have heard Disney Studios Florida. But I don't know. The source is definately an issue with this article. I don't think they would re-name it pixar, espically with Monsters Inc laugh floor club, Finding Nemo the Musical, and the Seas with Nemo and Friends are all under construction at OTHER parks. Not to mention that buzz currently exists at MGM.

kcnole

It's my understanding that the MGM name will be going. MGM has licensed their name to other organizations to create MGM Studios parks that will open in 2007 in Asia. I don't see Disney allowing them to license their name to another park so it'll more than likely lose the MGM name. It's already referred to as the Disney Studios in all new media, so it would be simplest to just remove the MGM name although it'll feel weird to lose the MGM name as I grew up with that, but I'd rather just have the Disney Studios than Disney-Pixar Studios.

imagineer boy

Why can't they just keep it "The Disney Studios." The Disney-Pixar studios does not make any sence at all. Pixar hasn't even made any movies there. So why include it in the name? I just don't get it... Oh well, its coming from Jim Hill, and we all know how reliable he is. :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom