Disney pins: do you wear them?

ballewclan

Original Poster
We'll I'm turning 16 soon so I wanted to see what's been going on with pins lately.

Do you guys still have and wear you pin lanyards? Or just buy them and put them in your bag? I know its not as largely marketed as it use to be but is it still a big thing at WDW?

MissM

I wear some on my Tinkerbell "Sassy" bucket hat. I used to have about 50 on my backpack, but it was too darn heavy. I'm not really an active trader, I'm more of a collector, so I don't wear a lanyard. Plenty of people do though. And plenty wear their pins on vests, hats and bags. Any and all ages!
-m

maelstrom

I don't wear my pins because I'm afraid of losing them. But there are plenty of people toting around lanyards, backpacks, hats, & purses full of pins.

cameraguy

I wear some of them on my Disney baseball cap, but only when I go to the parks. Other then that I usually put the on my bullitan board in my room.

Craig & Lisa

When the family and i are there we sometimes wear them, I don't have as many as my sons but what I do have some of which I will not trade. One is my segway around the world pin, I earned that one. :animwink: :D By the way I'm 47, going on 19.

Ariellen

It still seems pretty popular. I don't always have a huge supply of 'trader pins' (I'm more of a collector...entire cast of Aladdin!), but I sometimes wear a few to trade on a lanyard, or wear a lanyard full of favorite characters for fun. And then I put it in my purse if it gets too heavy.

DisneyGal126

maelstrom said:
I don't wear my pins because I'm afraid of losing them.

Same here! Only I learned that the hard way :(

I have mine in a book but I don't take that to the parks w/ me. I still wear my lanyard to the parks because I enjoy showing off my new pins and trading some of my doubles w/ CM's!

btw- I'm 21 and proud to wear my lanyard so I think you'll be fine :D

SpectroMan

I really don't have pins to trade anymore. Sometimes I bring a few around with me if I find something good, but I don't wear them because I can't stand wearing the lanyards, especially when it is hot.

MissM

DisneyGal126 said:
maelstrom said:
I don't wear my pins because I'm afraid of losing them.

Same here! Only I learned that the hard way :(
Go to any pin location and get the locking pin backs. They're gold and they use a small allen wrench to screw the back on tightly. They won't go anywhere. I lost a couple pins before I found this out myself.
-m

DisneyGal126

MissM said:
Go to any pin location and get the locking pin backs. They're gold and they use a small allen wrench to screw the back on tightly. They won't go anywhere. I lost a couple pins before I found this out myself.
-m

oh cool! i didnt know about them :) thanks!

ballewclan

Original Poster
Yeah I still love my pins, I just didn't want to be the only person in the park with my lanyard on AND be a teenager who you think wouldn't want to wear it.

Oh well, it'll be cool just to be in WDW.

Pongo

The only reason I wear my lanyard (with all NINE of my pins :eek: ) is because I keep my AP in the little pocket thing at the end of it.

Otherwise, I wouldn't wear it. It gets kind of annoying sometimes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom