Disney Photo Movie - Sneak Preview

DisneyWorld30th

Original Poster
Disney Photo Movie DVD is now in sneak preview (Beta Release)!

http://www.disneyphotomovie.com

Create a one-of-a-kind vacation keepsake that combines your memories with the magic of the Walt Disney World® Resort. Simply add your own digital photos and, if you have some, claim your Disney's PhotoPass images. We add the Disney Magic with breathtaking video, music and playful Disney characters.

Your PhotoMovie DVD includes a personalized Disney's PhotoMovie combining Disney video, characters and music with your favorite photos. Include up to 5 themed chapters with as many as 68 of your own photos.

Plus receive a bonus slideshow video of all the images in your movie displayed full-screen for 5 seconds, accompanied by Disney music.

Depending on the number of photos you include, the total running time for your DVD will be up to 20 minutes, up to 10 minutes for the PhotoMovie and 10 minutes for the slide show.

For a limited time, Disney's PhotoMovie is available at the introductory price of $49.95 and duplicate copies are just $19.95 when purchased at the same time.

The DVD looks very cool! You can create one from your past vacation! I just created one! A little pricey! It should be here next week! I'll let you know how it looks! Try it out! Its free to try!

tn1999

this is yet another aspect of 'Destination Disney' that has come to light. However, to a smaller extent than what was previously proposed. Every 'DD' program/service that has been put into place has been less ambitious than the original idea:

Magical Express: original plan: luggage gauranteed to be in your room when you got there.

Pal Mickey: original plan: also a pal pooh

photopass (and now photomovie): original plan: interactive DVD system in room that allows you to control all photos, order, make an album (or movie), order a hard copy of a photo, album, (or movie) and have it shipped home. rentable digital cameras were talked about too.

the only other program that i can remember that hasnt been done yet is the PDA rental. this special PDA would have the ability to scan barcodes in all WDW merchandise locations for purchase. that merchandise would then be in your hotel room when you got back, or, of course, shipped home.

this may be scaled pack too, because, as we all know, when you use the Package Pickup service (sent back to resort), they no longer put it in your room. you instead have to go to your resorts gift shop. maybe a legal issue? complaint?

VacationMan

Captain Hank said:
Looks like a really cool idea. I'd almost consider it, if it were significantly cheaper--like $30 dollar range.

I Agree. Its a fun keepsake that many of us "video" geeks can do on our own... without the custom Disney transitions... but $50?

The $30 range would be worth my time to purchase, especially for the Grandparents on the trip, saving me this time... andgiving it a finished appearance from Disney.

Fran98765

But remember, there are millions of non-video geeks out there that would love to have one of these and will pay the $50. My husband makes wonderful DVDs from our pictures and video of our trips, so we will probably not get this, but it is cool.

bgraham34

thats really expensive. I do that on my own and it costs me 3 bucks plus a few hours worth of work. I Think 20 is the perfect price for that. 30 is still too high IMHO.

Kwit35

I love this idea but as stated above, $30 would be a lot more acceptable. I also make my own videos and would do that as opposed to paying the $50.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
bgraham34 said:
thats really expensive. I do that on my own and it costs me 3 bucks plus a few hours worth of work. I Think 20 is the perfect price for that. 30 is still too high IMHO.

$3, plus figure they are paying the people doing this $10 an hour, for a "few hours work", so say 3 hours. Thats $33. Need to make a profit, so thats $50.

Kwit35

Thrawn said:
$3, plus figure they are paying the people doing this $10 an hour, for a "few hours work, so say 3 hours. Thats $33. Need to make a profit, so thats $50.
You going to get one? Just curious.

wannab@dis

Thrawn said:
$3, plus figure they are paying the people doing this $10 an hour, for a "few hours work", so say 3 hours. Thats $33. Need to make a profit, so thats $50.
I highly doubt that anyone is actually "making" the DVD. From the looks of the previews, they probably have a batch job that drops pictures into the system, in the order that you upload them (and the category/scene you select for them), and then it burns your DVD. I even doubt the packaging and shipping has any human interention.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
hahaha

that is pretty neat. i went through the process and when it was time to upload photos, i just grabbed a bunch from the server (a bunch of Pepsi and Coca Cola Products photos) and then did the theme, etc etc....... previewed it and LMAO when Coke bottles were flying through the air, and Dr Pepper portraits are popping up........ must be a boring day at work to laugh at that.

bgraham34

jmaxwell007 said:
hahaha

that is pretty neat. i went through the process and when it was time to upload photos, i just grabbed a bunch from the server (a bunch of Pepsi and Coca Cola Products photos) and then did the theme, etc etc....... previewed it and LMAO when Coke bottles were flying through the air, and Dr Pepper portraits are popping up........ must be a boring day at work to laugh at that.

yeah must be.

Laura

Premium Member
I made my own a few weeks ago. It contains about 500 photos, some video clips, my favorite Disney music, and my own professional looking DVD cover. It's 30 minutes long and I'm very proud of it. :)

Took about a week to put together, but well worth the effort. Anyone with windows movie maker and a DVD burner could do the same thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom