Disney Photo Movie - Sneak Preview

DisneyFreak529

rainfully said:
$50? Ouch.

Sounds like a good idea... but I'd rather do it myself...

I know right! I have a DVD burner & DVD Menu program on my computer. I can make my own DVD's. I'm a photographer student at collage so I have the know how.

$50 dollars is a lot of money!!

---------------------------------------------------------
If you don't have a DVD burner you can do this your self.
Any one can make one of there own, all you need is your photos on a cd & powerpoint on your computer. YOu can do a Powerpoint presentation with music and everything. YOu can put it on a CD & Watch it on your computer.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
DisneyFreak529 said:
$50 dollars is a lot of money!!
especially in college

where do you attend school? i took 2 quarters worth myself back in the day. fun classes.

EDIT: never mind....... i looked at your profile for your school name. I regret Ive never heard of it. is it a liberal arts school?

Thrawn

Account Suspended
DisneyFreak529 said:
I'm a photographer student at collage so I have the know how.
At least you aren't an english student in college. Though I guess photography students do make collages, so I can at least see the mispelling.

disneylands

Account Suspended
Thats a good idea, but it seems VERY expensive to me seeing as you can make one on your own computer for free, all you need is a dvd burner!

DisneyWorld30th

Original Poster
My personal Review

OK...so...I spent the $50 to order the DVD and the $12 for the express shipping!

The DVD arrived today and I would rate it a 4 out of 10.

First let me say, there aren't many "hidden surprises" on the DVD as the advertisement on the website claims. The preview on the photo movie homepage shows everything you will get!

It is definitely a cool memento to have, but not worth $69.95, or even $39.95!

I can see the price coming down towards the $30 range!

I asked my wife what she thought and if she would buy it again, and she said NO!

Sorry Disney! The boss said NO!

Feel free to ask any questions!

imamouse

Thanks for trying this out and letting us know your impressions. Although I agree that it's too expensive, I don't have the time to learn how to do this on my own (and the time to create the DVD after I've learned).

We have what will likely be our last trip as a family, (our boys are getting older and one is gone to college) to WDW coming up next month, so I was considering Disney's new PhotoMovie. Now, I think I'll pass and see if one of our teen-age sons can do it for us. Thanks, again!

EpcotServo

$70 bucks? Two words: Rip Off! I mean, that's alot of money for a flash movie with your pictures in it. And "Kooky" fur Characters telling bad jokes.

"If you were a pirate you'd cost a Buck-n-ear!" :hammer:

DisneyFreak529

Thrawn said:
At least you aren't an english student in college. Though I guess photography students do make collages, so I can at least see the mispelling.

Hey like I said before, I'm a computer/photography major! I admit my spelling is bad!!

Rotel1026

That is very pricey for what you get. I could see them charging that much if the movie was much longer than 20 minutes total. Considering how much footage of the parks Disney must have, you'd imagine they'd try to make it a little more impressive by at least doubling the length of the finished movie.

It's definately pricey and I could do something myself, but I can still see me buying it as a one off to celebrate the next trip as I'm taking my sister and it's probably her only time at wdw.

I'll probably get one for my sister and make up my own one as well.

Better get myself a few Disney music CDs. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom