Disney Parks to unveil new marketing campaign - 'Unforgettable Happens Here'

Incomudro

"Unforgettable Happens Here!"

One of my pet peeves: The Invasion of the Strollers!

View attachment 111600

I waited 'till my kids were beyond stroller age to take them to WDW.
As far as I'm concerned lugging my kids through the parks in a stroller was something that would not have been worth it to my wife and I, and was a period of time we comfortably waited through before we took our boys to the parks for their first visit.

VJ

I'm not complaining about an ad campaign yet. haha. I do have ideas for future ones.

The park is old enough to have an ad campaign showing a kid going the first time, then him as a teen, young adult with girlfriend/wife, then taking his child for the first time. It would be a great nostalgic feel.
I like this idea.

brb1006

No, the template was made with the WDW 25th anniversary celebration in 1996, castle-cake and all. "Remember the Magic" was the theme, with a song and a media blitz. They even invited radio and television stations from around the country (not just ABC, but unaffiliated local stations from all over) to broadcast from WDW for the opening of the promotion.

It ran for 18 months, then a short break before the millennium celebration, followed by "100 Years of Magic," to celebrate Walt's birthday year. That was scheduled to begin with a media blitz and kickoff on October 1, 2001; but the September 11, 2001, attacks happened, and they postponed the beginning until December 1, to coincide with Walt Disney's actual 100th birhday. That "celebration" helped salvage attendance during the travel bust after the attacks.

They learned that a "celebration" could really pump up the attendance, and have been finding a meaning for one ever since.
I hope Disney does this for WDW's 50th Anniversary.

brb1006

I miss the songs that used to accompany these celebrations

Remember the magic
Celebrate the future hand in hand
We share a dream come true
I always remember "Share A Dream Come True" and "Celebrate The Future Hand In Hand". I hope WDW might return to doing this for it's 50th similar to Disneyland's 60th Anniversary ads that played "Forever Young".

Nubs70

20150826_221354.jpg
I honestly had no idea that people were bringing dogs into the park who aren't actually service dogs under false pretenses, interesting
This is my emotional/service dog. I think I may bring him on my cruise in February.

Nubs70

Well I wasn't sure, but I thought if you were at least the info would be interesting or relevant for someone else.
Very true. I never knew such paperwork existed.

If I weren't shelling out so much money. It would be kind of funny to show up with a 180lb St Bernard.

French Quarter

Spoken like a true Marketing Professional...
It seems Naive to think if they didn't spend say a million dollars a year on billboards in South Florida that South Floridians would stop visiting the park...

I'm trying to understand but I'm missing your point. Are you saying that the billboards bother you? Or that it bothers you that Disney spends money on marketing? And I'm most definitely not a marketing professional, just weighing in on the subject.

Chrischris10

I think that a commercial that has What a Wonderful World would be great. You could have the lyrics tied in with images from the parks such as flowers blooming, people laughing, and kids having fun. Maybe this will exist one day, but it is good to dream...

bhg469

Very true. I never knew such paperwork existed.

If I weren't shelling out so much money. It would be kind of funny to show up with a 180lb St Bernard.

It would be hilarious, everyone knows newfoundland are water rescue dogs. St Bernards are restricted to expedition everest and blizzard beach.

On a side note the novel of Peter pan, nanny was a newf, in the animated version st Bernard!

Nubs70

It would be hilarious, everyone knows newfoundland are water rescue dogs. St Bernards are restricted to expedition everest and blizzard beach.

On a side note the novel of Peter pan, nanny was a newf, in the animated version st Bernard!
I have a newfie also. She is a small one at only 130lb.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom