Disney Parks Castles Being Removed From Property Entrance Arches

pixiedust629

Oh, no, I'm sorry. I meant the 536 gate. :hammer: I'm losin it, I swear.

They look new. Color looks better, brighter, cleaner, etc.

Makes you wonder how in the world it can be that major of a project... and if any of you have driven past it lately at night with the police cars out there and the traffic... you know what I mean.

kap91

This might have been answered before but I didn't feel like reading 14 pages of discussion...Are they also removing the tacky "Where dreams come true" banners, so that the arches are returned to their original state? I would hope so but so far when I've been there it only looks like they are removing the castles which without the removal of the banners as well I think actually makes them look a bit worse.

Captain Hank

Original Poster
Have you seen any of them return on the other entrances? I think several were removed from those as well.
Haven't really been through any other entrances lately, but all flags were intact on the 536 entrance today. This time, I could tell the difference--they were a good bit brighter than before.

This might have been answered before but I didn't feel like reading 14 pages of discussion...Are they also removing the tacky "Where dreams come true" banners, so that the arches are returned to their original state? I would hope so but so far when I've been there it only looks like they are removing the castles which without the removal of the banners as well I think actually makes them look a bit worse.
So far, all the banners have remained installed.

Tom Morrow

As of last night, work was being done on the archway on World Drive, and all of the flags were removed. The poles for the flags, however, remained.

I really hope they aren't being replaced with "Celebrate Today!" balloons.

Figment1986

As of last night, work was being done on the archway on World Drive, and all of the flags were removed. The poles for the flags, however, remained.

I really hope they aren't being replaced with "Celebrate Today!" balloons.

I believe they are simply painting the flags then putting them back up... the question, will the castles come back or will something new replace them :shrug:

sublimesting

I can't believe this thread went to 215 posts about a castle insignia missing from a sign near a highway. We truly are all a little mad....

wserratore1963

Screw "Disney Parks." It's a nebulous, meaningless concept with no sense of location. Seeing a sign that says "Disney Parks" when you enter WDW is like seeing a sign that says "Europe" when you enter Germany. It's a slight to all the wonders contained in the specific place you're going to see.

WDW is a pretty nice place. Promote that. (DL too.)
agreed

kap91

Darn I was hoping that they were taking the arches back to their original state. I guess this disproves that.:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom