News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

JohnD

I got through to chat and explained the issue. I'm currently being helped--I hope--right now. Meanwhile I'm currently on hold on the phone. Listening to Impressions de France isn't so bad.

They told me to call (407) 560-7277. Guess who I'm on hold with right now? I knew I better not hang up while someone was answering me on chat. Sigh. . .

JohnD

First "Martha", then "Floyd". Both tell me to call the phone number. So much for chat.

I’ve been getting nothing but the runaround. After several hours on the AP line they bumped me to the resort line. I was assured that since I told them I had a resort reservation for October they could help me with a park reservation. I told the CM I know exactly what the resort CM will say: I don’t have valid media and they will refer me back to the AP line. It’s been almost three hours so far. But I’m not optimistic. I feel like I’m in an endless loop. No one knows anything.

CJR

I can’t hrlp but feel like Disney should be doing something for their higher tier AP’s (the platinums and maybe gold)

Really though, those are the only ones booking for the bulk of the filled up days. Silver and Weekday Select are both blocked out until the middle of August, when most booking is available. Theme Park Select could book, but only for Animal Kingdom and Epcot. So the bulk of the AP reservations would be Platinum and Gold by the process of elimination.

So - Platinum maybe should have been given like a week of bookings ahead of Gold and Theme Park Select.

scpergj

Our passes have not been extended yet, and I’ve been through that runaround myself. Finally I was told I have to wait for the parks to re-open, then they will extend everyone. My sons pass was already extended, and it is exactly the same as ours.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Why would they not extend everyone's APs at the same time?
Disney's ticketing is extremely complex, and the backend systems that run it are also complex. This type of ticketing change isn't a standard function, so it was all done with custom programming. For various reasons these things are typically done in batches and can take a while, and as we have seen in some cases it appears some have been missed.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I saw someone say on another site that Disney is now targeting July 11th for all APs to be updated.
It is hard to understand how they opened up park reservations without all AP's being updated. Anyone would think the only acceptable sequence would be:

1. Ensure all passes are updated to correct expiration
2. Open Disney Park Pass reservation system

JohnD

It is hard to understand how they opened up park reservations without all AP's being updated. Anyone would think the only acceptable sequence would be:

1. Ensure all passes are updated to correct expiration
2. Open Disney Park Pass reservation system

That's exactly my point. I'm stuck in Disney purgatory. My pass expires October 11. I have a trip with an existing resort reservation starting October 19. Disney wasted no time in accepting my request to back out the March credit (for the monthly Silver Pass payment) but still no extension. Meanwhile the park reservation system opened on June 22 and I still don't have valid admission media. I was on the phone for four hours yesterday and got to nowhere. I just got transferred around. Each day that goes by is one more day I lose the potential of getting a reservation for a park. I'm just hoping that October is late enough that I don't get locked out of a park.

Jefro

We have DVC reservations at SSR without park tickets for August 9-13. Is there ANY chance of getting park tickets?

Park tickets? No idea. Even if they went with the "late summer" time frame, based on availability in the reservation system, by that point, the bigger issue is that reservations you would need to use those tickets would no longer have any openings. A lot of DVC members are having this same issue.

Millionaire2K

We have DVC reservations at SSR without park tickets for August 9-13. Is there ANY chance of getting park tickets?

Many are in the same boat. I'm staying at BLT on July 18-26th. 2 of us have AP's 2 have no tickets. If no tickets are sold by July 17th, only 2 of us will be going staying in a spacious 2BR villa. The room is booked with 2018 banked points that expire July 30th. So if I change the room I just loose the points anyway. I refuse to cancel the room and give it to Disney.

Jefro

Many are in the same boat. I'm staying at BLT on July 18-26th. 2 of us have AP's 2 have no tickets. If no tickets are sold by July 17th, only 2 of us will be going staying in a spacious 2BR villa. The room is booked with 2018 banked points that expire July 30th. So if I change the room I just loose the points anyway. I refuse to cancel the room and give it to Disney.

Might be worth having the other 2 at least come for the DVC stay and maybe working with the front desk to get tickets once on site? Those guys sometimes have ticket booth level power.

FictionForest

Same here as far as giving points back. We'll probably check out Mr. Potter

KikoKea

I would think Disney could handle cases like the APs not being extended as case-by-case issues. It is Disney's fault the problem is occurring, and it is within their power to resolve them. I know this is an unusual time, but it appears to me that Disney wasn't prepared for this opening.

FictionForest

I would think Disney could handle cases like the APs not being extended as case-by-case issues. It is Disney's fault the problem is occurring, and it is within their power to resolve them. I know this is an unusual time, but it appears to me that Disney wasn't prepared for this opening.
I think it comes down to this. Disney doesn't really want people to go to parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom