News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

raymusiccity

I have an AP and my wife and daughter have 6 day park passes. So I have 3 days of park passes for me, got them Friday, but tomorrow my family gets their 6 days of park passes. So as an AP holder I have to sit out for the final 3 days of family vacation? We don’t stay on site. Can I buy my own 3 day pass while still being an AP holder? This doesn’t make sense to me.
The entire process is contrary to common sense. Decions were made from on high, resulting in cast members taking all of the heat while manning the phones. What sense does it make to deny ticket sales to customers who have held resort reservations months in advance?!

Butter

Got 7 days worth of reservations as an off site ticket holder this morning for first week of August. Couldn't have been easier.

My condolences to those of you who have had and continue to have issues. Hope they get sorted.

Hope Florida doesn't have to re-institute a shutdown.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Has anyone with an AP been able to now get reservations for days that were previously full by using the allocation for regular tickets?

Fox&Hound

Good morning, friends! Sorry if this has already been answered- but is all of 2021 now available for booking? We were scheduled to go this December 2020 but decided to push back out of caution. We tried to purchase tickets but could only see up to September. Are we doing something wrong? Thanks!!!

Last edited:

mergatroid

Good morning, friends! Sorry if this has already been answered- but is all of 2021 now available for booking. We were scheduled to go this December 2020 but decided to push back out of caution. We tried to purchase tickets but could only see up to September. Are we doing something wrong? Thanks!!!

Up to Sept 2021 only so far, sorry

RememberWhen

Has anyone with an AP been able to now get reservations for days that were previously full by using the allocation for regular tickets?
I tried but it says “There are no more Disney Park Pass selections available for the selected date and park. Please go back and select a different date, park, or change your party.”

disney4life2008

Do we know what admission is not guaranteed means? Can I arrive at 3pm and still get in?

They are not going to make this like fp where last minute reservations can occur?

dreamfinder912

Do we know what admission is not guaranteed means? Can I arrive at 3pm and still get in?

They are not going to make this like fp where last minute reservations can occur?

Pretty sure they have to say admission is not guaranteed to cover their behinds in the event of weather/catastrophe/continued plague/belligerent guest etc etc. I don't think it'll be like getting bumped from your flight if you show up late (if that's what you mean)

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member

Pretty sure they have to say admission is not guaranteed to cover their behinds in the event of weather/catastrophe/continued plague/belligerent guest etc etc. I don't think it'll be like getting bumped from your flight if you show up late (if that's what you mean)
I took it to mean, “there’s a pandemic, so…Things can change”

kbmum

In years past when I had an 11 or 12-day trip, I was able to buy a length-of-stay pass to cover all of the days. But now, the website has tickets capped at 10 days. If I call instead of buy online, can I get the number of days I need or will I have to buy a 10-day pass plus a second pass for the extra number of days? I'm a DVC member who will be staying at a DVC resort.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
In years past when I had an 11 or 12-day trip, I was able to buy a length-of-stay pass to cover all of the days. But now, the website has tickets capped at 10 days. If I call instead of buy online, can I get the number of days I need or will I have to buy a 10-day pass plus a second pass for the extra number of days? I'm a DVC member who will be staying at a DVC resort.
10 is the max. You might want to consider an AP, when they go on sale again.

mergatroid

Where are you based? I'm in the UK and so could purchase 7, 14 and 21 day tickets. Got a 14 day one and made 14 reservations today.

crawale

Not possible to buy a new AP?
I’m also not seeing the flexible date option for tickets.
It seems to me that when we bought APs there was an implicit contract with Disney to get what we paid for - essential a Park Hopper pass so that we could go to multiple parks in a day. Disney now are limiting the passes to a single park a day and if you don't get a reservation then no parks a day. Prices for APs and indeed all tickets continue to rise and now Disney have curtailed the benefits that we paid for. If I have a 2 week room reservation next year and my AP expires months before I am due to go then to ensure a park reservation I must either pay a lot more money to get a 10 day and a 4 day ticket than I would had I purchased a pass. I do not renew am APs - just buy a new pass so that it is valid from the date of first use rather than losing months of usage. Despite having several months to figure things out Disney has done very poorly by the people who regularly go to the parks and keep Disney in business. No doubt come the beginning of the year Disney will increase ticket prices - they always do.
My choice this Use Year for my DVC points is use them or lose them. Disney of course have continually charged maintenance fees to members. When questioned they complain how they have had a lot of extra charges so may not be able to lower the dues next year. Knowing that NOTHING at Disney ever goes down I would be surprised if we don't see another increase in dues instead.
For 35 years I have been a loyal Disney fan but this recent charade and complete disregard for customer satisfaction has caused me to be putting my DVC points up for sale. Such a shame - Walt would turn in his grave to see how his wonderful idea for family entertainment has been sold down the river to corporate profits.

Butter

I understand your frustration but I think if you believe Disney plans to operate their parks in this fashion indefinitely (no park hopper, park reservations, etc.) then you are letting your short-term anger get the best of you.

They have to make some concessions now just to get the park open. There is too much revenue potential for them to keep it this way permanently, but wouldn't be surprised if things look different once COVID becomes much less a concern, FP Max or something like that.

As for your other concerns about the cost continually going up and the value proposition not being what it used to be.... that's true for you. If it's true for enough other people, there will be changes. It's all supply and demand. If people stop spending money, there will be changes, simple as that.

I wish you the best in your decision making process.

Magic Feather

The AP Calendar being the only one with availability significantly eaten up tells me that either Disney is really deprioritizing Annual passholders or they seriously screwed up their caoacity allocations.

Also, I’ve been out of the AP game since I moved out of Orlando, but I can’t hrlp but feel like Disney should be doing something for their higher tier AP’s (the platinums and maybe gold) Whether it’s giving them more bookable days or access to the other two reservation calendars, they are getting seriously screwed when they paid for a lot of access and are getting about the same at the Weekday Select in practice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom