News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

JohnD

So, it doesn't change things -- much. I plan on being in the parks for three days in March on a Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday with my Pixie Pass and staying off-site so still need to make park reservations for those three days. Then I'm maxed out. If Monday is announced as GTG day, I can immediately make a 3rd park reservation for, say, Thursday. But I have to keep on top of when the GTG days are announced. Otherwise, I can't go on that Thursday until I use Monday as usual.

Last edited:

Brian

So, it doesn't change things -- much. I plan on being in the parks for three days in March on a Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday with my Pixie Pass and staying off-site so still need to park reservations for those three days. Then I'm maxed out. If Monday is announced as GTG day, I can immediately make a 3rd park reservation for, say, Thursday. But I have to keep on top of when the GTG days are announced. Otherwise, I can't go on that Thursday until I use Monday as usual.
Yeah, there's really not much of a net benefit when it comes to 'Good to Go Days.' Best case scenario you could hope for is it's a spontaneous, same-day visit and you find the message in the app that no reservation is required today.

As others have pointed out, to make this truly useful to APs and MEP holders, they would have to have weeks or months at a time where it's 'Good to Go' or even flip it around and have 'No Go Periods,' such as Spring Break and Christmas/New Year's, while the rest of the year are no reservations.

Disstevefan1

Yeah, there's really not much of a net benefit when it comes to 'Good to Go Days.' Best case scenario you could hope for is it's a spontaneous, same-day visit and you find the message in the app that no reservation is required today.

As others have pointed out, to make this truly useful to APs and MEP holders, they would have to have weeks or months at a time where it's 'Good to Go' or even flip it around and have 'No Go Periods,' such as Spring Break and Christmas/New Year's, while the rest of the year are no reservations.
Spontaneous, same-day visits.

Ah the good Ol' days....

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
It’s really only good for locals for an unplanned trip… but regardless if you check for GTG days, you’re already in there where you can make a reservation too

It’s just dumb. Expand the parks and spread out the crowds instead of expanding complexity trying to figure out how to get in the parks

nickys

Premium Member
if a Good To Go Day falls on a day with a park reservation, is the reservation automatically cancelled and goes back into the available reservations for the AP level?

I have seen reports that it may remain showing in MDE but it is effectively cancelled.

So even if it’s there you are not obliged to start the day that park, and you can go ahead and book another park reservation.

As for keeping track, MDE shows you clearly that day is a G-T-G Day. So you can simply check MDE, not worry about keeping track of announcements as such.

threvester

I have seen reports that it may remain showing in MDE but it is effectively cancelled.

So even if it’s there you are not obliged to start the day that park, and you can go ahead and book another park reservation.

As for keeping track, MDE shows you clearly that day is a G-T-G Day. So you can simply check MDE, not worry about keeping track of announcements as such.
can confirm it ignores whatever reservation you may have listed. The reservations did remain showing in MDE, but were cancelled. I started at a different park than my initial reservation was for without any issues. The problem was I got used to it and when the first day I needed a reservation came up, I went to a different park and got blued! Luckily the IPad castmember was able to just quickly change my reservation (sorry to the people behind me!)

JohnD

You mean, like, no park reservations at all. You can go whenever you want except for blockouts. Where have I seen that before? Hmm. 🤔

JohnD

I'll be going with a family who purchased FR Disney Thrills tickets who had to make park reservations. So whether I have one or a GTG, my park visit will match theirs anyway.

Brian

You mean, like, no park reservations at all. You can go whenever you want except for blockouts. Where have I seen that before? Hmm. 🤔
Well, the only difference in that proposal is that the peak periods would require a reservation, or just blocked out entirely (depending on pass "level").

They should really get back to the "spirit" of the reservation system and use it only when demand is expected to exceed supply. Most of the year, that's not how the system is being used.

Last edited:

Fido Chuckwagon

Black out dates aren't an issue. When you buy an AP with blackout dates, you know what dates you can't use the AP.

The issue was running out of reservations for non-blackout dates for APers, while day tickets were still being sold.
Yeah, that’s what I meant. The “artificial” blackout dates they are creating for incredipasses by “running out of reservations” whenever they hit whatever internal metric they set for number of AP holders they want in the park that day while still selling day tickets.

DCBaker

Premium Member
The next batch of Annual Passholder good-to-go days has been released: February 27, 28 and 29.

IMG_2096.jpg

Local with the AP Incredipass…I keep getting blocked out of non-G2G days. Happened several weeks in a row now. Also when using the desktop version, I’ve noticed it says Disneyland then refreshes to WDW.

@lentesta curious if you’ve heard others having this problem or if you think Disney might ease up as they adjust to the new system. It seems they’ve allowed a smaller amount of reservations than usual to APs, but that’s just my guess. Never had this problem in the past

Brian

Local with the AP Incredipass…I keep getting blocked out of non-G2G days. Happened several weeks in a row now. Also when using the desktop version, I’ve noticed it says Disneyland then refreshes to WDW.

@lentesta curious if you’ve heard others having this problem or if you think Disney might ease up as they adjust to the new system. It seems they’ve allowed a smaller amount of reservations than usual to APs, but that’s just my guess. Never had this problem in the past
It's just insane to me that a nearly $1,500 pass would even have reservation restrictions. For that kind of money, that pass level should absolutely be exempted from the reservation system.

It's just insane to me that a nearly $1,500 pass would even have reservation restrictions. For that kind of money, that pass level should absolutely be exempted from the reservation system.
Yeah my level of annoyance is pretty high haha. I could understand if we had any of the lower tiers with blockout dates. But we shouldn’t have any imo. And tbh, we rarely if ever did in the past get blocked out. So it definitely changed with the new system

JohnD

That's the reason for that earlier lawsuit just after the pandemic. i.e. If there are no blockout dates, why is it some get blocked out? I know, I know. Disney would quibble with the definitions. That pass isn't blocked out. It's just that all reservations are full. Those who sued would say that is a distinction without a difference.

Brian

That's the reason for that earlier lawsuit just after the pandemic. i.e. If there are no blockout dates, why is it some get blocked out? I know, I know. Disney would quibble with the definitions. That pass isn't blocked out. It's just that all reservations are full. Those who sued would say that is a distinction without a difference.
Well, the plaintiffs were correct at least in the sense that there's no material difference. Whether you're blocked out or lacking a reservation, you can't go to the park and make use of your pass.

JohnD

Well, the plaintiffs were correct at least in the sense that there's no material difference. Whether you're blocked out or lacking a reservation, you can't go to the park and make use of your pass.
It's even a valid claim for the lower level passes. You know you're blocked out on already advertised dates. How is it fair you're still blocked out on the dates that are advertised as not blocked out?

Tom Morrow

The next batch of Annual Passholder good-to-go days has been released: February 27, 28 and 29.

View attachment 768015

Getting annoyed at how they're handling this. The "good to go" days change constantly. They really need to just eliminate the reservations or only require them at hard-defined times like this weekend, a holiday weekend, when crowds will obviously be high.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom