News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah, but they want to make sure to funnel the AP's to parks like AK to ensure balanced attendance. So no GTG days to make sure AP's need to make a reservation, and oops, only AK has availability today!
…I mean…it’s not like it’s “clever”

There are two types of people:

1. Those that know exactly what the issues are with crowds, revenues, ops and problems…

2. Stupid people

JD80

I miss when you could just roll up at any given moment, I can't imagine spending $1500 and basically having to watch a calendar like a hawk. Wouldn't be surprised if APs are eventually phased out or only become DVC at one point.

Ignoring the GtG nonsense, you can still roll up everyday except MK after 2pm without a reservation. Even then, you can still rollup whenever because every day has available reservations as of right now.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Ignoring the GtG nonsense, you can still roll up everyday except MK after 2pm without a reservation. Even then, you can still rollup whenever because every day has available reservations as of right now.
Something doesn’t scan here

I believe you still have to “check in” on an annual pass first

Plus…none of this is doing any customers any good…they aren’t doing the one thing that would

Also…this bucket is getting a little to heavy to carry

nickys

Premium Member
I believe you still have to “check in” on an annual pass first
Check in???

If AP holders want to visit a park without a reservation (or a good to go day), they can do so after 2pm*. Which is a throwback to the 2pm park hopping rule…..

* Except if they want to visit MK at the weekend, then they must have a reservation somewhere, tap in and park hop to MK. Which is completely and utterly pointless.

It’s beyond stupid at this point.

Jrb1979

Check in???

If AP holders want to visit a park without a reservation (or a good to go day), they can do so after 2pm*. Which is a throwback to the 2pm park hopping rule…..

* Except if they want to visit MK at the weekend, then they must have a reservation somewhere, tap in and park hop to MK. Which is completely and utterly pointless.

The worst part is many keep accepting it and continue to buy APs

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Check in???

Right…if you want to enter a park before 2 using your INCREDIBLY EXPENSIVE annual pass…you have to book either dak or Epcot- cause you probably won’t get the others - and “check in” there before hopping

Valued customers, right?

nickys

Premium Member
Right…if you want to enter a park before 2 using your INCREDIBLY EXPENSIVE annual pass…you have to book either dak or Epcot- cause you probably won’t get the others - and “check in” there before hopping

Valued customers, right?
But what’s even more stupid is I don’t think there have been sold out parks recently, or not many anyway. So the whole system is pointless.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
But what’s even more stupid is I don’t think there have been sold out parks recently, or not many anyway. So the whole system is pointless.
Bingo…they haven’t been able to hit their own arbitrary limit for almost a year

They just want passholders to quit

They 101% need them…but the management won’t move off its “we’re losing money” stance

Which was never true anyway

JeffBostock

I know on Feb 16 all parks were showing no availability shortly before that date, so they were sold out. Which is stupid for AK and EP because those 2 parks should always have availability to all APs. I've been to EP on NYE a few times and know how many people they can cram in there. I had a reservation for the 16th I made well in advance (thankfully) but a few days beforehand I looked to see if there was availabilty to guage how busy it would be, and no park showed availability. The whole park reservation system is stupid and needs to go. There is no reasoni Epcot should ever show no availability. On previous NYE, which is probably the busiest day of the year for EP, I know they have always allowed guests in, no matter the time of day.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I know on Feb 16 all parks were showing no availability shortly before that date, so they were sold out. Which is stupid for AK and EP because those 2 parks should always have availability to all APs. I've been to EP on NYE a few times and know how many people they can cram in there. I had a reservation for the 16th I made well in advance (thankfully) but a few days beforehand I looked to see if there was availabilty to guage how busy it would be, and no park showed availability. The whole park reservation system is stupid and needs to go. There is no reasoni Epcot should ever show no availability. On previous NYE, which is probably the busiest day of the year for EP, I know they have always allowed guests in, no matter the time of day.
But you can count on 1 hand the amount of days where that’s even been close in the last year

Including Christmas and new years

2/16 is that new annoying time where people either have off or bag the week due to long weekends in the school calendar

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So this is a “mobbed” month, right?

Attachments

• IMG_4862.png
    IMG_4862.png
    60.2 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_4861.png
    IMG_4861.png
    60.3 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_4860.png
    IMG_4860.png
    83.1 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_4859.png
    IMG_4859.png
    82.2 KB · Views: 55

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom