News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

nickys

Premium Member
When I drove recently they only seemed to care if you were paying for parking or were on an active room reservation for free parking. I only drove to parks where I had a reservation in the morning, but I doubt they care if you park at DHS and Skyliner to Epcot if you intend to wrap up the night at DHS.
I think the question was perhaps about parking at a park and not having a park reservation at all. Using the parking lot to ride the Skyliner (or other form of transport) to one of the resorts, for example.

They might ask but it would only be to ensure you knew you needed a park reservation to enter a park. They won’t turn you away.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
I honestly don’t know. Just sometime towards end of year. December, I think.
was wondering if w this new update in app.... did the Epcot drop times change? been following since your great info and today was 1st day it hasnt been accurate of course i get there tomorrow... any insight would be great. thanks... fwiw it looks like its been a few minutes delayed both times today

pdude81

I think the question was perhaps about parking at a park and not having a park reservation at all. Using the parking lot to ride the Skyliner (or other form of transport) to one of the resorts, for example.

They might ask but it would only be to ensure you knew you needed a park reservation to enter a park. They won’t turn you away.
Ok, interesting. I'm sure they'd love for you to pay $25 to ride the Skyliner.

pdude81

was wondering if w this new update in app.... did the Epcot drop times change? been following since your great info and today was 1st day it hasnt been accurate of course i get there tomorrow... any insight would be great. thanks
I just got back and sometimes the drops were a minute or two later. Or one of the rides listed didn't drop when the others would. It's not an exact science.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
I just got back and sometimes the drops were a minute or two later. Or one of the rides listed didn't drop when the others would. It's not an exact science.
Definitely not exact but i been following since it was posted and it seemed like it was like 90-95% lol. Shhhhhhhh lets not tell anyone. But today it looks like Epcot is definitely on a delay. Glad it was helpful down there

pdude81

Definitely not exact but i been following since it was posted and it seemed like it was like 90-95% lol. Shhhhhhhh lets not tell anyone. But today it looks like Epcot is definitely on a delay. Glad it was helpful down there
If you're able to rope drop early entry the most wanted ride, then everything else gets a lot easier, and you can use one of the late drops to pick it up if you even care. Things like TT, SDD, Everest, PP. Pick other stuff that is popular but not crazy (Frozen, MFSR, NRJ, Pooh) and rope drop the stuff that gets crazy lines. Then hit the next craziest, especially in DHS. If you are near the front at early entry, you can do SDD, then walk on to ToT before the park really opens, then be on a short line for MMRR and get all the rides knocked out before lunchtime. Then hit shows or start stacking for other parks while paying attention to the "drops" list.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
If you're able to rope drop early entry the most wanted ride, then everything else gets a lot easier, and you can use one of the late drops to pick it up if you even care. Things like TT, SDD, Everest, PP. Pick other stuff that is popular but not crazy (Frozen, MFSR, NRJ, Pooh) and rope drop the stuff that gets crazy lines. Then hit the next craziest, especially in DHS. If you are near the front at early entry, you can do SDD, then walk on to ToT before the park really opens, then be on a short line for MMRR and get all the rides knocked out before lunchtime. Then hit shows or start stacking for other parks while paying attention to the "drops" list.
Thank you for that info. Unfortunately w an 8 y/o and 65 y/o mom and myself lol ropedropping not really in the cards tbh especially that breakfast will be around that time. Good thing is DAS pre bookings and once im in park for Breakfast i can book another one along w the 1st Genie at 7am to allow us to ride things right after we eat the utilize drops or low wait or attractions close for Genie.

correcaminos

Ha. Last I heard, the positive changes around reservations will be for all guests with multi-day park hopping tickets. Unclear how APs with an affiliated resort stay will fare through all of this.

I'm fearful that APs will be stuck with nonsense, even if staying at a Disney resort. This would include DVC members. It would be very, very silly but it's also very, very possible (and not the least bit surprising).
For the longest time AP has been treated equal if staying onsite. With the new builds coming and RR not close to sold, why on earth would they want to do anything that could slow sales. Sounds like onsite isn't enough now when before it sounded like it would be. Make this harder than now and that PVB add on will not happen here and I likely will sell. The number of long time owners I know selling is growing. How stupid can they be. Back to being negative after pasts posts made me feel positive.

curry767

So I have a split stay coming up in December with 8 days on one ticket and 2 days on another. Disney excelled by spliting my family of 4 up to individual park reservations but not knowing which ticket I would use they assigned both tickets to each reservation. This meant I had to go through and cancel one of the assigned ticket bookings per park reservation. This then enabled me to cancel the individual park resverations and then re-book as a family of 4 so they were all under one reservation!!

Initially it wouldn't let me reserve any park saying I had exceeded my limit. Turns out that because I changed a park reservation for one day a couple of weeks ago (via cancelling and rebooking) it hadn't actually cancelled my orginal booking, even though I have email confirmation, basically it brought the orginal booking back to life. So I was actually holding two seperate park reservations for different parks on the same day. So needed to cancel all those as well.

102 confirmation emails later, it is finally sorted.

Thanks to Disney for that hour in my life I will never get back

Last edited by a moderator:

JoeCamel

So I have a split stay coming up in December with 8 days on one ticket and 2 days on another. Disney excelled by spliting my family of 4 up to individual park reservations but not knowing which ticket I would use they assigned both tickets to each reservation. This meant I had to go through and cancel one of the assigned ticket bookings per park reservation. This then enabled me to cancel the individual park resverations and then re-book as a family of 4 so they were all under one reservation!!

Initially it wouldn't let me reserve any park saying I had exceeded my limit. Turns out that because I changed a park reservation for one day a couple of weeks ago (via cancelling and rebooking) it hadn't actually cancelled my orginal booking, even though I have email confirmation, basically it brought the orginal booking back to life. So I was actually holding two seperate park reservations for different parks on the same day. So needed to cancel all those as well.

Only an hour? Have a magical stay

mattpeto

For the longest time AP has been treated equal if staying onsite. With the new builds coming and RR not close to sold, why on earth would they want to do anything that could slow sales. Sounds like onsite isn't enough now when before it sounded like it would be. Make this harder than now and that PVB add on will not happen here and I likely will sell. The number of long time owners I know selling is growing. How stupid can they be. Back to being negative after pasts posts made me feel positive.
I’m wondering if it’s what we see right now: AP can grab reservations with their resort stay (on top of their 5) but their resort reservations are less fluid, which means if you want something else-you have to cancel and not modify.

Maybe @disneyglimpses can help here?

Last edited:

HoustonHorn

Premium Member

Congrats, YOU are the magic!

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
So @crazy4disney , how's it going so far?
Hey whats doing. Between Genie/DAS we been doing great. MK yesterday wait times were all manageable so Genie was pretty good along w DAS or just going on rides. Today HS was a sh*tshow with ride closures ALL day & not only weather related. Back to convo about Rise not sure if it was here or not & who was talking about it. I rode it twice today. 1st time the “transport” never moved or made any motion so it was like watching a screen. Then the ride itself had issues. Both AA never turned around etc. the front never even came up or the wind…. 2nd time was embarrassing they skipped every preshow straight to ride. Same thing w AA. So anyone who rode today is just scratching there heads asking what is thishype about so again no matter how good something is. If it has NO reliability what good is it really?!? Heat has been brutal lol but expected obviously. I was at parade Friday when float broke. I will say this the new opening to DE gave me the chills & how this wasnt part of the original is perplexing.

Will not get into my room debacle lol but i ended up w 2 nights credited back & a 200 gift card for my troubles for this trip along w 2 free nights room only for future….

JoeCamel

Hey whats doing. Between Genie/DAS we been doing great. MK yesterday wait times were all manageable so Genie was pretty good along w DAS or just going on rides. Today HS was a sh*tshow with ride closures ALL day & not only weather related. Back to convo about Rise not sure if it was here or not & who was talking about it. I rode it twice today. 1st time the “transport” never moved or made any motion so it was like watching a screen. Then the ride itself had issues. Both AA never turned around etc. the front never even came up or the wind…. 2nd time was embarrassing they skipped every preshow straight to ride. Same thing w AA. So anyone who rode today is just scratching there heads asking what is thishype about so again no matter how good something is. If it has NO reliability what good is it really?!? Heat has been brutal lol but expected obviously. I was at parade Friday when float broke. I will say this the new opening to DE gave me the chills & how this wasnt part of the original is perplexing.

Will not get into my room debacle lol but i ended up w 2 nights credited back & a 200 gift card for my troubles for this trip along w 2 free nights room only for future….
Wow, how long has this been open?

bhg469

It will be 3 years in December but why would they care? People are still coming so that’s all Bob Paycheck cares about.
I have lived here a year, we have only ridden it once and everything was working. We tried once again a week after our first time and the ride broke down and they emptied the queue. Luckily we only just got in line and waited about 10 minutes. I have had no desire to go again because of the stories I hear hear.. I can deal with one simple ride element being down but if you're skipping the show portions of the queue, its gonna be a pass every time.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
When are they going to drop the requirement that you MUST go to your reserved park before hopping? Truly no idea what that serves from any logistical purpose.
Because when MK fills up on a holiday weekend, they don't want people with hoppers saying they'll go to Epcot, but then really go to MK and overcrowd it.

Otherwise, they'd have to have an additional reservation system such that on a day in which the MK is 'full,' they can only reserve to go to the MK if they enter only have 2 PM. And then if they decide, "Hey, I'm in the area at noon, let me hit Epcot for lunch, and then they can't get into Epcot because their reservation is for MK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom