News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

bcoachable

They will have to. Or you will purchase different amounts of points like DVC. Weekends and peak season will require more points to be used to attend.

They're putting the cash cow on steroids šŸ’Š šŸ®
And just like that, some WDW fans were forced to turn vegitarian

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
A park reservation system should put an end to Disney making significant hikes to prices to tamp down peaks. Tho, of course, Disney can still do both. Law of Demand.
Not a chance.

Once capacity issues are resolved, it is going to be a race to raise prices and cram as many bodies into a park as quickly as possible. Whenever they talk about limiting capacity for the guest experience itā€™s all lip service. Donā€™t believe it? Their track record shows it.

Goofyernmost

Don't be surprised if you see that going forward. Limiting how many days a month you can visit.
They already did that for me. For me it is now limited to around three days every two years just because of the hoops that must be jumped through just to go to a damn theme park. I'm guessing that the unmentionable place to the north of WDW will be a more simple and more of a universally fun experience for me. (Even with how much I hate giving money to Comcast)

Jrb1979

They already did that for me. For me it is now limited to around three days every two years just because of the hoops that must be jumped through just to go to a damn theme park. I'm guessing that the unmentionable place to the north of WDW will be a more simple and more of a universally fun experience for me. (Even with how much I hate giving money to Comcast)
Welcome to the dark side. I'm sure more will follow. Lol. I have noticed more and more Disney loyalists are now starting to go to Universal that have never been before.

Phicinfan

Disney Park Pass now unavailable for all ticket types for the remainder of May 2021 at Disney World​

Yeah, I spent 4 hrs scheduling a surprise trip to WDW for my wife to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary in August. You will find very little access in July as well. We could only get tickets for Epcot on the 31st. but all parks were more open in August.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Chapek... "unprecedented demand" for virtual queues... yeah, when you REQUIRE people use them for the most popular attractions.. they will use them at 100%. How convenient...

Park Reservations post-pandemic for anyone besides AP-like programs is a horrible idea that only goes to serve the company, not the customers. I hope Disney comes to their senses on this.

monothingie

Premium Member
Park Reservations post-pandemic for anyone besides AP-like programs is a horrible idea that only goes to serve the company, not the customers. I hope Disney comes to their senses on this.
Makes those platinum passes kinda worth a lot less now.

Also kinda ticks of DVC.

Bob Harlem

Chapek... "unprecedented demand" for virtual queues... yeah, when you REQUIRE people use them for the most popular attractions.. they will use them at 100%. How convenient...

Reservations also lower one of the key value points about having an AP (Especially for locals) which is just going when you want if you have time, and that planning aspect (even if it's short) is a drop in overall value. The "Virtual Queues" at Disney are also really just ride reservations. If it were "Go up to the ride and grab a virtual queue spot" it would fit the idea of a queue much better, rather than trying to be the first person to click a button at a specific time of day. (Or learn how to program and create a bot to do it for you)

The idea that WDW is a pain to plan (more like work than a vacation) already existed pre-Covid, this just makes it worse.

PirateFrank

Someone needs to remind Bob that he has a major guest retention problem. People are starting to figure out that a world outside of Disney exists.

They dont see a guest retention problem. For every 2 of us that are ready to walk away from pre-planning vacations with park reservation passes, 6 month ADRs, 2 month FP's, increasing lines, crappy dining options, even crappier transportation, etc....There's at least 2 more that are ready to come and drop a house payment on their first magical vacation. I used to scratch my head at this- where did all of these people come from? But the fact is, they still do. So they will never accept a guest retention problem exists until they also see a negative new guest rate.

Until people, en masse, start voting with their feet and visit the boy wizard instead, WDW will continue to squeeze the loyalty right out of us.

Parker in NYC

They dont see a guest retention problem. For every 2 of us that are ready to walk away from pre-planning vacations with park reservation passes, 6 month ADRs, 2 month FP's, increasing lines, crappy dining options, even crappier transportation, etc....There's at least 2 more that are ready to come and drop a house payment on their first magical vacation. I used to scratch my head at this- where did all of these people come from? But the fact is, they still do. So they will never accept a guest retention problem exists until they also see a negative new guest rate.

Until people, en masse, start voting with their feet and visit the boy wizard instead, WDW will continue to squeeze the loyalty right out of us.
Well said.

monothingie

Premium Member

Disney makes more money per guest from returning guests and those who visit more than once ever 3-5 years. DVC members for example are among the highest in guest spending. Prior to the pandemic in 2019 when Disney was at its peak their guest retention department was working overtime. Once the post pandemic travel bubble bursts and things equalize, all the inherent problems pre pandemic will come back with a vengeance.

pdude81

I'll bite on unprecedented demand. But that's now. And stimulus checks don't last forever, so they better have a plan for not ing off return visitors.

I love WDW but after this pandemic and having to pre-plan my parks (even with a Platinum AP), I'm starting to reminisce about GatorLand. The more I have to plan where I'm going, the more I consider other local entertainment

jt04

Not a chance.

Once capacity issues are resolved, it is going to be a race to raise prices and cram as many bodies into a park as quickly as possible. Whenever they talk about limiting capacity for the guest experience itā€™s all lip service. Donā€™t believe it? Their track record shows it.

Serious question. Why would they keep the reservation system as it acts as a hindrance to getting the maximum number of guests into the parks?

I think we are seeing a new paradigm personally. It has good and negative features.

jt04

I canā€™t wait to see the folks who will defend this park reservation ā€œnew normalā€. But Iā€™m sure theyā€™re out there and Iā€™m sure theyā€™re consistent...

There is a certain logic to it for sure. I'm saving judgement until they announce the details. Especially as it concerns the new AP plans.

PirateFrank

Quite honestly, they can keep the park reservation system running even with full capacity limits....and when that happens, it's no longer about *restricting* the number of people that go through the turnstiles, but *predicting* the number of people that go through the turnstiles.

Unfortunately, that will result in dynamically allocated Human Resources. So if they don't think that there will be alot of guests at DHS on a particular day, be prepared for longer lines for anything where CMs are needed to deal with the public - including attractions, restaurants and guest services. I mean, this has already happened...but you'd think at full capacity, they would staff for full capacity. But with the reservation system, they might not have to.

I think I hate this system as much as I hate fastpasses and ADRs.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom