News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

Brooklin Disney Dad

I am out of state and this trip was planned for two weeks in June and I had another one week trip planned for March. I had to settle with the two weeks. It was worth it for us and we might return in March and June 2021. We renewed our APs before this trip and are currently waiting for the refund from our last APs that expired on July 8. I held 14 reservations as I decided to drop the last day (HWS reservation) and drive 16 hours home on Friday.
Rides that are not even half filled is more eerie than ToT itself. Not sure if I would enjoy DW if it looks that empty.

YodaMan

OK, Given that they released more availability for passholders just a couple days after the refund deadline leaves me to suspect they wanted people to cancel their APs.

Or is there availability because slots freed up after a bunch of people cancelled on the last day?

nickys

Premium Member
That's kind of surprising since Park Pass is based on the FP+ engine so the kill logic would have already been there. Oops
But that didn’t happen automatically. There was a 48-72 hour leeway to allow people to re-book and then an overnight program was run to delete the FPs. Seems like they haven’t been doing that part of it with park reservations.

donsullivan

Premium Member
But that didn’t happen automatically. There was a 48-72 hour leeway to allow people to re-book and then an overnight program was run to delete the FPs. Seems like they haven’t been doing that part of it with park reservations.
This is shifting and changing so often right now it's not worth trying to hyper-analyze every single nuance of how it is today because it will change in a week. The bottom line of the statement was that the logic to auto-cancel FP is already in the software engine so it could be implemented if they chose to.

SirLink

I expect it to last as long as, if not longer than, social distancing requirements. Once all rows are being filled and the markers are taken off the ground, then the no reservation system can begin.

Considering they re-opened in a growing hotspot in the US, the moment a vaccine starts getting distributed they'll go back to normal.

aladdin2007

Im not seeing any improvement, I cant even get epcot for two to three solid weeks unless Im doing something wrong?

and I almost cant help but think this is the start of making the parks accessible only for those staying on property down the road, the beginning of end of a passholder program all together, can they/would they do that? Or am I thinking too far fetched.

nickys

Premium Member
Im not seeing any improvement, I cant even get epcot for two to three solid weeks unless Im doing something wrong?

and I almost cant help but think this is the start of making the parks accessible only for those staying on property down the road, the beginning of end of a passholder program all together, can they/would they do that? Or am I thinking too far fetched.
They won’t prevent offsite guests, they make up the majority of visitors.

As for the APs, I don’t see them axing it altogether, but maybe they’ll make some changes to it.

SoFloMagic

Some additional availability added for passholders -
Annnnd already gone. But just for APs... Everyone else can go whenever they want.
APs are blocked out of everywhere expect Epcot for the rest of the month. :banghead:
Screenshot_20200817-104703_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200817-104706_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200817-104738_Chrome.jpg

SoFloMagic

Annnnd already gone. But just for APs... Everyone else can go whenever they want.
APs are blocked out of everywhere expect Epcot for the rest of the month. :banghead:
View attachment 491478View attachment 491479View attachment 491480
Also, the next time I can get into Hollywood Studios with my "no blackouts" AP is 9/16 (30 days from now) and yet they'll sell someone off the street a one-day pass to that park.I completely understand not getting to go if the park is at capacity, but thats not what's happening. They're restricting people with tickets they've already sold so that they can sell another ticket for the park. Sounds ripe for a class action suit.

Jrb1979

This may come off as rude but for those complaining how Disney is treating you maybe it's time you take your money elsewhere.

Rogue1138

Also, the next time I can get into Hollywood Studios with my "no blackouts" AP is 9/16 (30 days from now) and yet they'll sell someone off the street a one-day pass to that park.I completely understand not getting to go if the park is at capacity, but thats not what's happening. They're restricting people with tickets they've already sold so that they can sell another ticket for the park. Sounds ripe for a class action suit.

Class action won't go anywhere. You pretty much sign off on being at the will of Disney when you even buy any sort of ticket. Same with concerts, sporting events, etc. Read the fine print on your ticket.

"Passes do not guarantee theme park admission, especially during high attendance periods. Admission to the theme parks and availability of standard theme park parking are subject to capacity and other closures. Other restrictions apply."

As much as AP holders are keeping the business afloat, they're not going to turn off the vacationers who are going. I understand the frustration but from someone who is not local and can only go once a year and spends a high amount of money to do so, it's not really fair that I have to tell my young children the line is too long for a ride so Johnny 40 yr old can go on the same ride for the 8th time this month.

SoFloMagic

As much as AP holders are keeping the business afloat, they're not going to turn off the vacationers who are going. I understand the frustration but from someone who is not local and can only go once a year and spends a high amount of money to do so, it's not really fair that I have to tell my young children the line is too long for a ride so Johnny 40 yr old can go on the same ride for the 8th time this month.
Yeah, I totally get that. I dont mean to say all inventory should go to APs, just that available inventory should shift week-of. I'm simply saying that blocking someone out who has a "no blackout dates" pass when there is capacity space is wrong.

Jrb1979

Yeah, I totally get that. I dont mean to say all inventory should go to APs, just that available inventory should shift week-of. I'm simply saying that blocking someone out who has a "no blackout dates" pass when there is capacity space is wrong.
Yes its wrong but they aren't going to change that. They pretty much have stated they don't really care about the AP holders any more. If it were me I would have gotten a refund on my pass and spent money elsewhere. Part of me doesn't feel bad at whats happening cause many of you keep coming back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom