Disney Park Construction Costs

Valentine

Original Poster
I'm curious about how much all the different Disney parks cost to construct, not just the WDW parks, but parks worldwide. Does anyone have these adjusted for inflation too? Just so we can compare the expense each cost.

So far, I have found out:

EPCOT Center: $1.4 billion
Disney's Animal Kingdom: $800 million (is this correct?)
Tokyo DisneySea: $3.3 billion

Anyone know the others?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I thinkl your Epcot number is closer to the original estimate then the actual price. I thought it ended up around 2 billion.

Valentine

Original Poster
Yeah, I know Disney didn't pay much for DisneySea. Pretty interesting the costs though aren't they? The new US parks only get a third of the Japan second gate.

And the quality shows.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I thinkl your Epcot number is closer to the original estimate then the actual price. I thought it ended up around 2 billion.
Unadjusted, EPCOT Center was $1.2billion - double the original estimate. There was also $120million for FY 82-83 on top of that to add to what people would call `phase one` - the actual Imagaination ride, Horizons, and R&D on other pavilions, though it is unclear if Africa was included. The Seas was removed from the rota in April 1982. But I digress.... If I`ve used these online calculators right, adjusted EPCOT Center today would have cost $2.66 billion.

Disneyland Parc at DLP was above the $1.9billion figure in 1992, and WDSP cost $600m to open. Total Disneyland Paris costs to date are around $8 billion.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Yeah, I know Disney didn't pay much for DisneySea. Pretty interesting the costs though aren't they? The new US parks only get a third of the Japan second gate.

And the quality shows.

I was just about to say that. :lol:

Yes... it DOES! Look at Tokyo DisneySea... and then look at AK. Big difference!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom