Disney once again showing why...

t3techcom18

So you're not enjoying the parade?

It's a glorified PR fluff piece that is carefully orchestrated for the cameras, with some acts/floats seen there that AREN'T in the parade seen by folks when it's showing at the MK. Last time it was a true blue parade that was the same as you see in person was late 90s/early 00s.

I said that cause it seems as if you're craving for people to gang up on you every time you have a differing opinion from everyone else. Many a times you have your opinion and so does everyone else. Now just seems as if you want to pick a fight with someone with that opening statement....

alphac2005

Although nearly always cheesy, I sure miss the days when Regis told us how it was a sunny morning in Orlando and the temperature was at the top of the screen and some segments were actually... um, oh, LIVE. Now it's a horrid PR puff piece for DISNEY PARKS..... Here's a question for everyone, since Samantha Brown now does so much stuff for Disney now, even though she has "independent" shows on the Travel Channel, is on the company's payroll at this point?

Disneyhead'71

There simply is no competition. Outdoing themselves onces again on this parade, and that is extremely hard to do.
If you are talking about the Christmas Parade on ABC. I agree there simply no competition. Mainly because there is not anyone trying to compete. They are the only ones doing it. It's easy to be the best when you are the only one doing it.

disneygirl1024

Im watching it now and it is truly a huge 2 hour commercial while Im not minding it one bit. Can you imagine how many are watching this morning asking mommy and daddy to take them there? More potential Disney Park customers cuz they make it affordable right? And who are Sophia Grace and Rosie? They were too cute!

Figments Friend

Although nearly always cheesy, I sure miss the days when Regis told us how it was a sunny morning in Orlando and the temperature was at the top of the screen and some segments were actually... um, oh, LIVE. Now it's a horrid PR puff piece for DISNEY PARKS....

YES!
Maybe i am showing my age, but i remember the 'old school' telecast Disney Christmas Parade showings.For several years it was a fun tradition to tune in and watch the parade and get a buzz from seeing Cinderella Castle on the screen. I always got a big chuckle out of the temperature being shown on-screen and the actual LIVE coverage segments. It was great harmless festive fun...and it was cool to see the various plugs for whatever the latest Disney product/attraction/movie..etc...was.

Maybe i am also showing my naive impression, but why is this parade no longer broadcast 'live' anymore anyway or at least certain segments? Perhaps to make it easier to create the finished, edited show...since extra costs would likely be involved having a full live broadcasting team there plus the 'celebrity' talent.

Refresh my memory, those who may know the reasons.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom