Disney Officially Confirms Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Underperformed

Wendy Pleakley

If attendance is down, but spending is up, maybe Disney will start to provide a better experience for non-local visitors.

Is word starting to spread that if you drop hundreds or thousands on a DL visit, that you'll packed in like sardines with locals paying a nominal monthly fee?

Discounts for locals is important for any tourist offering, but to what degree? They can offer discounts as warranted, without an annual pass focus that impacts the overall guest experience.

At least at WDW, as a visitor, I get value from early Fastpass and dining access, and EMH. Of course, that's probably what Disney wants. Better for them if tourists visit WDW, where they get that hotel revenue.

Attach some of those types of perks to park hopper tickets, i.e. the tickets non-locals buy, and I'd be more inclined to visit.

drizgirl

If attendance is down, but spending is up, maybe Disney will start to provide a better experience for non-local visitors.

Is word starting to spread that if you drop hundreds or thousands on a DL visit, that you'll packed in like sardines with locals paying a nominal monthly fee?

Discounts for locals is important for any tourist offering, but to what degree? They can offer discounts as warranted, without an annual pass focus that impacts the overall guest experience.

At least at WDW, as a visitor, I get value from early Fastpass and dining access, and EMH. Of course, that's probably what Disney wants. Better for them if tourists visit WDW, where they get that hotel revenue.

Attach some of those types of perks to park hopper tickets, i.e. the tickets non-locals buy, and I'd be more inclined to visit.
Or maybe Disney will offer specials (like the "bring a friend" deal at DL this summer) until the parks are packed again.

drizgirl

I'd rather they do this and keep crowds *somewhat* under control, compared to the AP program.
Sure. But if their goal all along had been lower crowds for a better experience, they would have patted themselves on the back for meeting that goal instead of coming up with promotions to fill back in more bodies.

Rich T

*This* is the SW land of my dreams. It just happens to contain 100% less SW.
DB.jpg

Rich T

Anyone else getting flooded with those painfully bad YouTube ads for the GE Cantina? I think they're confusing it with Olive Garden.

smooch

Boy, it’d be nice to see them forget Tron and theme a coaster around a *good* movie.😁

I enjoyed the original Tron and thought the reboot was just alright but I just don't want to see the Tron coaster come to Disenyland, with the scale of the park versus the scale of the coaster it would look so out of place in my opinion. I think Disneyland should stick with indoor coasters or ones that are actually themed (i.e. BTMRR, Matterhorn) where the location of the coaster could exist without the coaster going through it and still look interesting. If the Tron canopy thing had no coaster under it, it would look weird and empty, but I would argue Big Thunder Mountain and the Matterhorn would still be amazing visuals added to the park even without rides in them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom