Disney Officially Confirms Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Underperformed

WDW Pro

Original Poster
Gotta disagree. Maybe a solid people eater, but it's a boring ride that takes up way too much real estate. I don't think it is possible to make the Falcon out front a walkthrough attraction, but ideally that should be the Falcon attraction and nothing more.

I believe a replacement mission is already being priced. Guest feedback has been average to below average for the current iteration.

Rich T

...I just think that as soon as multiple random missions get added to MF, then there will be no reason spare Star Tours the wrecking ball.
Well, how about the fact that Star Tours is an incredibly fun, turbulent ride that's not a video game, doesn't require forced "team" play, doesn't take itself seriously, really captures the fun aspects of the SW franchise and doesn't put you into the role of "smuggler?" And has had a really, really high guest satisfaction rate since Day 1. Both Day 1s.

britain

Well, how about the fact that Star Tours is an incredibly fun, turbulent ride that's not a video game, doesn't require forced "team" play, doesn't take itself seriously, really captures the fun aspects of the SW franchise and doesn't put you into the role of "smuggler?" And has had a really, really high guest satisfaction rate since Day 1. Both Day 1s.

Eh, I think it's right where a swoop of Tron track will go.

truecoat

The Star Wars land (park) most dream of.

B8F0FA51-38E7-446E-843E-267B5069301F.png

Supreme Leader

^And that's an awfully boring and uninspired concept. But it makes me wonder how Galaxy's Edge reception would've been had they gone the Cars Land route... i.e. 3 somewhat themed off the shelf rides and one massive "E Ticket" styled ride all placed in a highly themed land. So basically what we got but with some other not so great rides.

TROR

^And that's an awfully boring and uninspired concept. But it makes me wonder how Galaxy's Edge reception would've been had they gone the Cars Land route... i.e. 3 somewhat themed off the shelf rides and one massive "E Ticket" styled ride all placed in a highly themed land. So basically what we got but with some other not so great rides.
Galaxy's Edge really could benefit from one or two small attractions. Not that I want another Mater clone, but imagine something like that only instead of tractors they're alien cows. Or an X-Wing spinner like Dumbo. Yes, these are theme park attractions and not really immersive, but it's a theme park and the goal isn't immersion. While I'm not saying I want these exact attractions, if the sacrifice was Droid Deport, I really can't say I'd be disappointed for something like either of those.

Last edited:

Supreme Leader

Galaxy's Edge really could benefit from one or two small attractions. Not that I want another Mater clone, but imagine something like that only instead of tractors they're alien cows. Or an X-Wing spinner like Dumbo. Yes, these are theme park attractions and not following immersive, but it's a theme park and the goal isn't immersion. While I'm not saying I want these exact attractions, if the sacrifice was Droid Deport, I really can't say I'd be disappointed for something like either of those.
Now that I've been to Galaxy's Edge a few times it would just seem so out of place to see a spinner attraction there. But I do agree that the land would benefit from some small rides like that. I also do think that they should have a thrill ride too but what and where to put it? And they really shouldn't have cut that 3rd attraction. It would've added a lot more energy and a sense of movement in the land...OH and they were really dumb for only building ONE room for Savi's Workshop.

TROR

Now that I've been to Galaxy's Edge a few times it would just seem so out of place to see a spinner attraction there. But I do agree that the land would benefit from some small rides like that. I also do think that they should have a thrill ride too but what and where to put it? And they really shouldn't have cut that 3rd attraction. It would've added a lot more energy and a sense of movement in the land...OH and they were really dumb for only building ONE room for Savi's Workshop.
X-Wing coaster replaces Falcon. Flat ride replaces Depot. Star Tours replaces the First Order gift shop. Landspeeder service through the streets of Batuu.

There's three new attractions and one upgraded attraction. Galaxy's Edge's problem isn't its setting, just that Disney did nothing with it.

Supreme Leader

X-Wing coaster replaces Falcon. Flat ride replaces Depot. Star Tours replaces the First Order gift shop. Landspeeder service through the streets of Batuu.

There's three new attractions and one upgraded attraction. Galaxy's Edge's problem isn't its setting, just that Disney did nothing with it.
I really agree with the bolded and I say that as someone who loves the land and what it has to offer. I just think they could do more/better and I'm positive that they will and that the land will continue to grow and find its footing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom